• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

GOP leaders, if you do not agree with us, we will punish you

Might be true. But it's equally true that it ain't too smart for one political entity to bad mouth the other political entity that holds it's purse strings (or other power).

šŸ¤£

Again, this argument boils down to they spoke out against a political policy, therefore The Government passed a law to punish them.

You're letting your slip show.

šŸ¤£

Again, this argument boils down to they spoke out against a political policy, therefore The Government passed a law to punish them.

You're letting your slip show.

I have no problem with political actors punishing other political actors. Like the State of California banning their employees from taking a step in the State of Florida.

I have no problem with political actors punishing other political actors.

šŸ¤£

And I'm sure you have a very convenient definition of "political actor."

I keep it simple - if you're not The Government, you're a private actor. The law sees it that way, too.

Like the State of California banning their employees from taking a step in the State of Florida.

Like something that never happened?

šŸ¤£

And I'm sure you have a very convenient definition of "political actor."

I keep it simple - if you're not The Government, you're a private actor. The law sees it that way, too.

Like something that never happened?
Disney execs are the gvt. - Reedy Creek. They are politcal actors. They weighed in on a political issue that was none of their business and got burned. Boo****inghoo

Worth repeating - We're getting such a huge kick out liberals and progressives defending a huge multinational corporation that pays their employees so little they have to live in their cars.

Disney execs are the gvt. - Reedy Creek. They are politcal actors. They weighed in on a political issue that was none of their business and got burned. Boo****inghoo

Everyone who voices their political opinion is a political actor.

Again - you are cheering for government punishment of oppositional speech.

There's no getting around that.

Worth repeating - We're getting such a huge kick out liberals and progressives defending a huge multinational corporation that pays their employees so little they have to live in their cars.

I promise you, it is nowhere near the kick I am getting over you guys cheering for government persecution of political speech.

Everyone who voices their political opinion is a political actor.

Again - you are cheering for government punishment of oppositional speech.

There's no getting around that.
I promise you, it is nowhere near the kick I am getting over you guys cheering for government persecution of political speech.
Of other gvt officals. Absolutely.

Curious we didn't see you coming to MTG's defense when Pelosi was punishing her for her speech. Or Trump's defense when you clowns were impeaching him for his speech.

Payback's a bitch, eh?

Of other gvt officals. Absolutely.

No "government officials" - members of the Reedy Creek Board of Supervisors have said a word about DeSantis' silly law.

Curious we didn't see you coming to MTG's defense when Pelosi was punishing her for her speech. Or Trump's defense when you clowns were impeaching him for his speech.

šŸ¤£

I'm sure you can figure it out. You seem smart enough.

No "government officials" - members of the Reedy Creek Board of Supervisors have said a word about DeSantis' silly law.

LOL Sticking with the Canard that Disney isn't Reedy Creek? You're smarter than that

I'm sure you can figure it out. You seem smart enough.
Yup partisanship and hypocrisy.

LOL Sticking with the Canard that Disney isn't Reedy Creek? You're smarter than that

Disney controls Reedy Creek - but that doesn't make Disney's statements Reedy Creek's statements - particularly on issues entirely unrelated to the administration of Reedy Creek.

Yup partisanship and hypocrisy.

šŸ¤£

On your part, sure.

I could care less which party is in power. Anytime the government uses its power to retaliate against a business, its abuse.
retaliate
verb

verb: retaliate; 3rd person present: retaliates; past tense: retaliated; past participle: retaliated; gerund or present participle: retaliating
  1. make an attack or assault in return for a similar attack.
    "the blow stung and she retaliated immediately"

Any business that attacks the government is abusive, and deserves whatever it gets in retaliation.

Is DeSantis not a government actor? Also a political actor? So one political actor has free speech but another doesn't?

And just like that, government carve outs for mega corporations was good, and government punishments of private businesses was bad. We all said this when local governments banned chick fil a and broke contracts with Trump, and here we are, just where we said we'd be.

How about the State of California banning their employees from taking a step in the State of Florida. Is that illegal?
Yes it's legal if it pertains to the employee being on state business.

retaliate
verb

verb: retaliate; 3rd person present: retaliates; past tense: retaliated; past participle: retaliated; gerund or present participle: retaliating
  1. make an attack or assault in return for a similar attack.
    "the blow stung and she retaliated immediately"

Any business that attacks the government is abusive, and deserves whatever it gets in retaliation.

Okā€¦

You libs do this sort of thing all the time. Hell, you boycott entire states for not going along with your kook fringe leftist agenda. You dox people, you ban people so quit your whining.

Give us the name of democratic politicians who has passed laws to take revenge on a private company.

Making a personal choice to not do business with a certain company isn't what is happening here.

Disney spoke out against a law then said they would stop donating money to republicans who voted for the law.

The republicans then took revenge on Disney.

When did democratic politicians do the same thing? Not a person making a personal choice. Democratic politicians who pass laws to harm a company because that company said something that the politician didn't like and stopped paying that politician?

Stop with the childish "they do it." As to make it ok for politicians you support to do it. It doesn't. It's wrong no matter who does it. And when you only complain about democrats and not republicans it just shows you approve of republicans doing it.

In this situation, democratic politicians don't do what the republicans are doing.

Stop with the childish lies.

Let's see how they feel when they have to start paying for the lost tax revenue.
Yeah, I cut off my nose to spit my face.....
I dont live there so I wont care either way. But if the local counties have to pick up those services, they will raise taxes on Disney to do it. Big corporations will just have to pay their fair share, am I right?

I dont live there so I wont care either way. But if the local counties have to pick up those services, they will raise taxes on Disney to do it. Big corporations will just have to pay their fair share, am I right?

They would have to raise taxes on everyone in the county. I would not be legal to slap Disney with extra taxes, since they have been paying their "fair share" already.

They would have to raise taxes on everyone in the county. I would not be legal to slap Disney with extra taxes, since they have been paying their "fair share" already.
No corporation pays their fair share. How do you not know this? Besides, every other municipality in the country manages to pay for these services, so the two florida counties where Disney is can manage somehow too.

No corporation pays their fair share. How do you not know this? Besides, every other municipality in the country manages to pay for these services, so the two florida counties where Disney is can manage somehow too.
They pay what is required by Florida law. Is that fair? that's a topic for another discussion.
Because Disney has been footing the bill for these services in that area, it will be an additional burden on the counties to now have to pay for it.

They pay what is required by Florida law. Is that fair? that's a topic for another discussion.
Because Disney has been footing the bill for these services in that area, it will be an additional burden on the counties to now have to pay for it.
Then those counties will have to do what every other county in America does. Oh well. Property taxes may have to go up, but look at the bright side. Ticket prices will go down. Maybe now the working poor can afford to go there.

Then those counties will have to do what every other county in America does. Oh well. Property taxes may have to go up, but look at the bright side. Ticket prices will go down. Maybe now the working poor can afford to go there.
I thought the only reason to live in floriduh was low taxes.

Last edited:
I thought the only reason to live in floriduh was low taxes.
Thats hardly the only reason. Perhaps you should visit the state. Maybe then you would know why people like it there rather than getting your opinions from CNN

This is political tyranny pure and simple. Their anti-gay agenda is about pursuit of power, and their targeting of people and companies who challenge their anti-gay agenda is political tyranny for them to defeat any opponents.

It's no different than the Chinese party arresting people who compare the leader to Winnie the Pooh. It's just tyranny for power. When they'll go to war to with Disney, you can imagine how little they care about citizens. It's very China-like - which is very fascist.

One country in particular. A small price to pay for the party's power, defeating any enemy who challenges its use of anti-gay acts to pursue power. GET IN LINE DISNEY, SHUT UP, OR ELSE. It's the same thing basically as Disney trying to deal with the Chinese government operating Disneyland Hong Kong.

Back
Top Bottom