• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Google Honors Activist who Supported Terror

The people at Google being hard core leftists has been known for many years now, so this doesn't surprise me in the least.

Then quit using their search engine.

Are you a spokesperson for Google, or is it that you have nothing to contribute to the conversation?

Yes. As a google spokesperson, I often try to convince people not to use Google.

A Japanese woman accusing the US of being racist??? Japan is one of the most racist countries you'll ever visit. They are virulently racist, anti black, white, Korean, Cambodian, Laotian, Thai, Chinese, Russian... It would be easier to just list the people they aren't racist against: Japanese. Japan is also one of the most imperialistic nations of the 20th century...

All true, but she's American.

We can have a debate without resorting to ultimatums.

Ultimatums? That's a rather bizarre interpretation of my post.

Ultimatums? That's a rather bizarre interpretation of my post.

Saying 'quit complaining' isnt an ultimatum? The topic is not whether people should use google or not, its whether Googles honoring this person is right or wrong.

Saying 'quit complaining' isnt an ultimatum? The topic is not whether people should use google or not, its whether Googles honoring this person is right or wrong.

I never said "quit complaining" so now I'm even more confused about your interpretation.

The quotes set off my bs alarm, but read her thoughts on Bin Laden. To call them "adulatory" would be the understatement of the century.

Yuri Kochiyama : LA IMC

adulatory certainly... this part really makes the point
"I’m glad that you are curious why I consider Osama bin Laden as one of the people that I admire. To me, he is in the category of Malcolm X, Che Guevara, Patrice Lumumba, Fidel Castro, all leaders that I admire. They had much in common. Besides being strong leaders who brought consciousness to their people, they all had severe dislike for the US government and those who held power in the US."

Now I try and be objective about people. She was interned during WWII. So I can understand some bitterness. but ... what a rogues gallery of people she admires eh.

Google Honors Activist Yuri Kochiyama On 95th Birthday - NBC News

You have to wonder if they have also hired 22 year olds right out of Ivy League to run their Doodle program. Yuri Kochiyama supported any number of violent revolutionaries who went on to murder thousands of their own people. She is quoted in her bio as saying

"the goal of the war [on terrorism] is more than just getting oil and fuel. The United States is intent on taking over the world"

and

"it's important we all understand that the main terrorist and the main enemy of the world's people is the U.S. government. Racism has been a weakness of this country from its beginning. Throughout history, all people of color, and all people who don't see eye-to-eye with the U.S. government have been subject to American terror."

No doubt, some people on this forum will be right in to agree with her.

The usual lefty myopia.

adulatory certainly... this part really makes the point
"I’m glad that you are curious why I consider Osama bin Laden as one of the people that I admire. To me, he is in the category of Malcolm X, Che Guevara, Patrice Lumumba, Fidel Castro, all leaders that I admire. They had much in common. Besides being strong leaders who brought consciousness to their people, they all had severe dislike for the US government and those who held power in the US."

Now I try and be objective about people. She was interned during WWII. So I can understand some bitterness. but ... what a rogues gallery of people she admires eh.

She appears to just hate the US and admires anyone who feels the same way. Obviously google should have googled her before honoring her.

I bet youll find the flag defenders acknowledging slavery is bad. Hardly myopic there.

He is just trying justify her actions, and justify Google's. He thinks by putting blame on other people, it liberates these two of any. One person being bad, doesn't excuse other people from being bad.

The funny thing is though, if Google had a confederate flag or sympathizer on their home page, this person and others would suddenly have a problem with Google's bad choice of representation. Go figure.

Damn. :shock:

Google is honoring this lady?

They honor her before Jesus. Jesus is too divisive. A Communist who hates the US apparently is fine.

Back
Top Bottom