• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Good morning. Congressional gridlock brought on by far-right Republicans now seems more likely to lead to government shutdowns.

I'm personally a big fan of Congressional gridlock.
I can understand why, what with all the legal corruption. Much of what Congress does is not what we the people want but what they the rich want.

The answer is not to suppress government. Congress will act when the rich want them to, regardless of any imposed limitations.

The answer is simply to make the corruption illegal.

Easily said, tougher to do.

We will have to spread the word by mouth because the media won't do it. We will have to make corruption an issue at the local level, force our city and county councils to enact anti-corruption laws. We will have to do this in every place we can until anti-corruption becomes a national issue and candidates can get elected to Congress on an anti-corruption mandate.

After we get enough anti-corruption people in congress, only then can corruption be made illegal at the national level.

We the people have got work to do.

So hows that filibuster treating ya guys? :p. Not so great eh?

www.nytimes.com

Kevin sold his soul to get that gavel. Creep.
We'll see. 13 elected R's in the house that President Biden won in 2020. 5 of them won by less than a 2% margin. If they want to be reelected I think they'll have to move positions. If they were to go Independent and caucus with the D's...that's 218.

We'll see. 13 elected R's in the house that President Biden won in 2020. 5 of them won by less than a 2% margin. If they want to be reelected I think they'll have to move positions. If they were to go Independent and caucus with the D's...that's 218.
Many of them are young zealots caught up in the Trump scandals. Like Boebert (the one packing heat) & MTG. MTG's only idea is to impeach Dems, payback for what the Dems tried to do to Trump.

Last edited:
Many of them are young zealots caught up in the Trump scandals. Like Boebert (the one packing heat) & MTG. MTG's only idea is to impeach Dems, payback for what the Dems tried to do to Trump.
And one of them already won't be there next year.
1673454968350.png

Back
Top Bottom