• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Good morning. Congressional gridlock brought on by far-right Republicans now seems more likely to lead to government shutdowns.

Yup we have the Republicans are bad thread. And of course it's from the NYT?

It's past tense, or has your TV been broken?
We're already in a shutdown? That's what I meant--when is the vote on the budget? Can't read your article.

GOP Senators did NOT filibuster the omnibus in December because they knew how Qrazy House R’s are.
Oh dear. Thanks but I don't know what that means.

I'm personally a big fan of Congressional gridlock.

Me too.

Civil servants LOVE it, they get time off with pay, and the overtime to catch up.

It only hurts moderate to low income people so who gives a ****? They don't vote Republican so **** 'em.

Politicians love it. The Dems can demonize the shit out of MAGA, Biden can wash his hands he's not involved, so in the end the only people disrupted are the wage earning middle.

They don't vote MAGA either so **** them too!

Me too.

Civil servants LOVE it, they get time off with pay, and the overtime to catch up.

It only hurts moderate to low income people so who gives a ****? They don't vote Republican so **** 'em.

Politicians love it. The Dems can demonize the shit out of MAGA, Biden can wash his hands he's not involved, so in the end the only people disrupted are the wage earning middle.

They don't vote MAGA either so **** them too!

Yep, and it ends up wasting taxpayer money. Furloughed employees mostly get their back pay and because they can't do work until they come back, they work a lot less efficiently than they would have otherwise. Some offices or services like the National Parks can't collect their usual fees which is what fund a lot of their operations.

Gridlock is fine if it's in good faith and for some understood purpose, but shutdowns are stupid and serve nobody but the politicians getting airtime, as you correctly summarized.

Oh dear. Thanks but I don't know what that means.
If the GOP Senators had filibustered last month, we would be getting a shutdown with this house much sooner. TEA party shut it down in October 2013.

Why can't Democrats compromise and agree to a few House initiatives?
Why are R’s liars, cowards, and traitors?
DEMs are already running against at-risk R’s.

If the GOP Senators had filibustered last month, we would be getting a shutdown with this house much sooner. TEA party shut it down in October 2013.
I thought it was October. Thank you.

Back
Top Bottom