• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Gold Star families sue Clinton to court for defamation and the infliction of distress

Re: Gold Star families sue Clinton to court for defamation and the infliction of dist

Neither is Khizr Khan.

So why do you hate Gold Star families?

Re: Gold Star families sue Clinton to court for defamation and the infliction of dist

So why do you hate Gold Star families?

You just proved my point! Thank you! :lamo

This is where it blows up in y'all faces.

You just proved my point! Thank you! :lamo

This is where it blows up in y'all faces.

What point was that? That you hate veterans? lol

Woods started calling into his buddy, Glenn Becks show in 2012

Oh, and one month after the incident, Pat Smith took to CNN’s Anderson Cooper and it was a parade after that.

Pat Smith, Mother Of State Department Official Slain In Libya, Demands Answers From Obama (VIDEO)

It's hard to forget the interview with her years ago where she was bawling about how "who's going to take care of me now?" -- I'm all alone and he was supposed to take care of me!!

(I'll have to dig out that interview)

The one she had with Sean Hannity in early 2103 gave us some more insight as well, when she said she didn't really know her own daughter in law. She met her like three times. That's it.

For the record, Sean Smith's wife has a completely different take on things:

Heather Smith, widow of State Department Foreign Service officer Sean Smith, press release:

"First, let me thank everyone for the outpouring of support and love my family has received in the wake of this tragedy. As the country mourns the death of four great patriots, my family is grieving for a husband and father lost. The amazing tributes to him have given the entire world a glimpse of the man we loved and we are thankful for every kind word," she said.

"During this time, the official and unofficial support and communications I have experienced with the Department of State and FBI have been free flowing, and I have been satisfied with the level of information I have received. I have no doubt that I will also be made aware of any new facts as they are uncovered throughout the investigations."

"Sean was a wonderful man. He supported the mission of diplomacy and served his country with pride and optimism," said Smith. "We miss him every day."

Benghazi victim's widow praises State Department cooperation | Foreign Policy

People who were aghast that Trump could stoop so low as to attack the Kahn's attacking these families / People who thought that families like the Kahn's didn't belong in the public sphere championing these families in 3.... 2.....

Trump should have kept his mouth shut. It offers a contrast however. I am interested to see if there is a disparity between the treatment of the two.

Not Gold Star families, but that's really beside the point, which is that they are the parents of Americans who have died in the line of fire in the service of their country. Neither Clinton or Trump were the first American politicians to receive criticism from the family members of fallen soldiers/diplomats/etc., and they won't be the last. Clinton understands this and what I predict will not happen is that she'll berate them and their faith in a personal and venal manner. She'll disagree with them, and she will thank them for the ultimate sacrifices they paid, but she will not spar with them as though they were ten year olds on the playground.

Clinton has made some big ****ups over the years, but if you think she's going to sink to Trump's level on this issue, you'll be mistaken.

I think she is smart enough to keep her mouth shut. I am more interested in how the press reacts.

I think she is smart enough to keep her mouth shut. I am more interested in how the press reacts.

The press?? The press is a complete clown show. Why do you care what "the press" thinks? The press is made up of some minuscule percentage of written media that's actually kind of good and which everybody cites to makes their arguments, a larger percentage of "legitimate" tv and internet news aggregates that cites those written articles and which subsequently waters them down nto something cartoonishly one-dimensional, and 99.999999999999% of the remaining "media" shameless cherry-picks both of the prior in order to present the most bat**** insane positions on the face of the earth. And back to that written media that I so glamorized? They're slowly but successively being taken over by sensationalist click bait. The few remaining written media that are actually kind of respectable (the guardian uk, al jazeera, Christian scientist) are like those last human forts in every post apocalyptic zombie movie ever made.

In five years time, we won't be citing Nytimes, Wapost or Guardian when we want to appear rational, we'll all be citing Breitbart, Huffpost and Buzzfeed. Five years after that we'll all be linking to Brawndo.

Oh, and one month after the incident, Pat Smith took to CNN’s Anderson Cooper and it was a parade after that.

Pat Smith, Mother Of State Department Official Slain In Libya, Demands Answers From Obama (VIDEO)

It's hard to forget the interview with her years ago where she was bawling about how "who's going to take care of me now?" -- I'm all alone and he was supposed to take care of me!!

(I'll have to dig out that interview)

The one she had with Sean Hannity in early 2103 gave us some more insight as well, when she said she didn't really know her own daughter in law. She met her like three times. That's it.

For the record, Sean Smith's wife has a completely different take on things:

Heather Smith, widow of State Department Foreign Service officer Sean Smith, press release:

"First, let me thank everyone for the outpouring of support and love my family has received in the wake of this tragedy. As the country mourns the death of four great patriots, my family is grieving for a husband and father lost. The amazing tributes to him have given the entire world a glimpse of the man we loved and we are thankful for every kind word," she said.

"During this time, the official and unofficial support and communications I have experienced with the Department of State and FBI have been free flowing, and I have been satisfied with the level of information I have received. I have no doubt that I will also be made aware of any new facts as they are uncovered throughout the investigations."

"Sean was a wonderful man. He supported the mission of diplomacy and served his country with pride and optimism," said Smith. "We miss him every day."

Benghazi victim's widow praises State Department cooperation | Foreign Policy

OK. I found it. It was hard to do after searching through the huge piles of videos of Smith crying on video (sorry, I don't mean to sound heartless, but in every one through the 4 years she is always crying and screaming about how Hillary herself murdered her son), and I can't help but feel for the pain of mothers loss, but she is over the top...

In this one she says:

"You can’t understand! You just can’t understand! My only child was murdered and nobody will tell me why,” the mother said. “He was the only thing that was going to help me when I get old. I’m old now."

"Who is going to help me now?"

"Who is going to help me now?"

Well...just....

Other parents of the Benghazi victims wish they'd stop using their sons for political fodder. Is their vulnerability and grief any less because they're not politicizing the death of their sons?

No.

And I never said it was.

I hope you understand, BTW, that there is no way to quantify grief.

Frankly, I don't really care. I've lost family members to violence and I know what that kind of grieving is like. I'm sorry for their loss, but I don't feel sorry for them any longer.

In this case, they're willfully going along with a grandstanding, publicity hunger lunatic in a case that's going to get tossed as soon they're unable to show that they're entitled to relief. They're now willing participants in legal idiocy. They are willingly allowing the Republicans to use them and their kids' memory for pure political points.

I can't support that.

On edit: this should give you an idea of the lunatic they willingly got into bed with.

Larry Klayman Suing Obama For Endangering His Life As A White Man | Right Wing Watch

I don't care a whit about this guy OR Trump; neither speak to my point at all.

I do care about the bereaved parents, and I ask you not to sit in judgment when you cannot possibly imagine how they feel or where they are in the grief process of the most devastating loss I think a human can endure. I felt the same way about Cindy Sheehan. The way she was exploited and then kicked to the curb when she was no longer useful still makes me sick. Poor soul.

When I saw the name Larry Klayman as being the one bringing the suit, I cracked up.

Youngin's might not recognize the name, but back during the Clinton era he was the biggest pile of turd meat around, bringing up all kinds of stupid and crazy lawsuits (so many thrown out) one after other, against the Clintons and those around him.

He was quite the sick comedy routine. The man was so sue happy, he literally sued his own mother. No joke.

And as to what this lawyer been doing the last few years...hold on, got some chuckles for ya....

Why do you hate veterans?

yeesh

FTR, a Gold Star service flag is how the nation recognizes the sacrifice that all Gold Star Family members make when a father, mother, brother, sister, son, daughter, or other loved one dies in service to the nation.

It historically has been reserved for family of military service members who have paid the last true measure of devotion to our nation. There is no official criteria to be considered a Gold Star Family, but there are criteria to receive recognition by the military or to join one of many private organizations. There are numerous Gold Star organizations, one of the oldest is the American Gold Star Mothers Inc., which was established shortly after WWI and Congress followed that up by establishing Gold Star Mothers Day on the last Sunday of September, in 1936. The Gold Star Wives was formed before the end of World War II. The Gold Star Lapel Button was established in August 1947 by Congress - One Gold Star Lapel Button is furnished, without cost, to the widow, widower and to each of the parents (mother, father, stepmother, stepfather, mother through adoption, father through adoption and foster parents), children (step children and children through adoption), brothers, sisters, half brothers, and half sisters of military members of the Armed Forces of the United States who lost their lives of WWI & WWII and subsequent armed hostilities of the United States.

GOLD_STAR_LPP.jpg

A service flag of a Gold Star Family that had three family members serving in an area of hostilities, where one has lost his life, and two are still alive and still serving:
us%5Esvc3.gif

If you're curious, here's the law: https://www.gpo.gov/fdsys/pkg/CFR-2007-title32-vol3/xml/CFR-2007-title32-vol3-sec578-63.xml

Although family members of the four men killed in Benghazi may not be considered Gold Star Families by the military, their sacrifice is no less important, no less tragic, and no less deserving of our respect and honor as a nation, and IMHO, should be treated by us all as (including being allowed the respect to call themselves) Gold Star Families.

I don't care a whit about this guy OR Trump; neither speak to my point at all.

I do care about the bereaved parents, and I ask you not to sit in judgment when you cannot possibly imagine how they feel or where they are in the grief process of the most devastating loss I think a human can endure. I felt the same way about Cindy Sheehan. The way she was exploited and then kicked to the curb when she was no longer useful still makes me sick. Poor soul.

I find it sad that some of the same people that hold Captain Khan's parents up as an example when they are used for political purposes to attack Trump, are some of the same that attack this mother and others when the political attack is against the person they support.

I'm sure, although I cannot prove it, that the dead children of Mrs. Sheehan, Mr. and Mrs. Khan, and those in the OP, did not sacrifice their lives for politics. They sacrificed their lives for this country, and that is ALL we should be thinking and talking about when their names are brought up.

I, too, feel bad for them all. They are being used by politics and politicians and it will not end well for them. Just look, as you said, at Mrs. Sheehan for an example.

And just the other day, it was the Democrats who were supposedly evil for letting a father talk about his son's sacrifice in part of an overall objection to Trump's malicious smears of a religion not his own....

And now it is the Republicans that are supposedly evil. We have phonies on both sides. I watched the conservative phonies in the other threads trash Kahn so now I can watch the liberal phonies rationalize how this is different when it really isn't.

The press?? The press is a complete clown show. Why do you care what "the press" thinks? The press is made up of some minuscule percentage of written media that's actually kind of good and which everybody cites to makes their arguments, a larger percentage of "legitimate" tv and internet news aggregates that cites those written articles and which subsequently waters them down nto something cartoonishly one-dimensional, and 99.999999999999% of the remaining "media" shameless cherry-picks both of the prior in order to present the most bat**** insane positions on the face of the earth. And back to that written media that I so glamorized? They're slowly but successively being taken over by sensationalist click bait. The few remaining written media that are actually kind of respectable (the guardian uk, al jazeera, Christian scientist) are like those last human forts in every post apocalyptic zombie movie ever made.

In five years time, we won't be citing Nytimes, Wapost or Guardian when we want to appear rational, we'll all be citing Breitbart, Huffpost and Buzzfeed. Five years after that we'll all be linking to Brawndo.

That is the reason I don't post in most threads. Most of them are just rhetoric for the sake of drama. The media does matter however. They form, or attempt to, the opinions of the public which votes.

Hillary Clinton sued by parents of Benghazi victims - Washington Times

I wonder how they (Clinton and the press) are going treat these Gold Star families.

1. There is no indication that any information from Clinton's email server revealed the location of the Benghazi consulate.
2. The defamation part of the suit will be laughed out of court.
3. The Gold Star families (which they are technically not, since the guys who died weren't active duty military, but that's splitting hairs) should be treated, by both Clinton and the press, as active litigants in a lawsuit.
4. Larry Klayman is a terrible attorney who has made his entire living off of chasing after the Clintons, and failing miserably. He also recently said that the only reason Obama hasn't been impeached is because he's a blackity black.

Looks like one of the benchwarmers is trying to get back in the game, and has convinced these bereaved families to hitch their wagon to him.

The same person bringing Smith's suit, just last month said he was bring suit against Obama for...

*drumroll*****

Larry Klayman Suing Obama For Endangering His Life As A White Man

"Right-wing lawyer Larry Klayman announced in WorldNetDaily over the weekend that he was filing a lawsuit against President Obama, Black Lives Matter, Louis Farrakhan and Al Sharpton "for endangering not just my life, as a white law enforcement person of Jewish origin, but also for all Americans, white, black, yellow or brown, no matter what their race or religion.”

Klayman blamed Obama for the shooting of five police officers who were protecting a peaceful Black Lives Matter protest in Dallas, attempting to tie the president to Farrakhan:
Not only does Obama have blood on his hands as having encouraged if not furthered this hate crime against whites and white cops, but so too does his “soul brothers,” the virulent anti-white, anti-Semitic and anti-Christian so-called Rev. Louis Farrakhan, leader of the Nation of Islam, and his co-enablers like another so-called reverend, Al Sharpton, a charlatan and white hater..."

Larry Klayman Suing Obama For Endangering His Life As A White Man

Get a good idea now of the kind of character we're dealing with?

Since when was Larry Klayman a "law enforcement person"? This guy is a first-rate kook.

DAMN. I'm glad I've gone this far in life without hearing about this nutjob, at least.

Be glad you're not old enough to remember the '90s, then, when the wingnut wurlitzer first started churning out crapsacks like this guy. They eventually classed up and got themselves Ann Coulter.

You don't understand at all where they're coming from; you haven't buried your own child. Siblings, friends, parents, grandparents--not the same. If you haven't buried your own child, be humble and grateful rather than presuming to know that which you could not possibly understand.

Bereaved parents are very, very vulnerable, especially for the first few years. They want to do something...and there are plenty of venal opportunists around to encourage them.

That's for damn sure, which is why I for one really am not faulting the parents here. There does seem to be a certain amount of denial, and there has been no shortage of opportunists, as you aptly put, telling these folks that somehow, deep down, Hillary Clinton is directly, 100% responsible for their sons' deaths. And now they've allied themselves with Larry Klayman, who is a certified whackjob.

I hope, in a couple of years, they sue HIM.

Long enough? Walk a mile or two in the shoes of a bereaved parent before you offer your judgment of what time is sufficient or constitutes "enough."

They want money $$$. Their greed will not bring their sons back.

They want money $$$. Their greed will not bring their sons back.

You probably know more about this issue than I do. Why do you think they want money?

You probably know more about this issue than I do. Why do you think they want money?

Because almost everyone wants money.

Except you and i.

You seem to like saying that.

I hate these threads. If "your" candidate is worth electing, then you should be promoting them, not just trying to tear down the opposition. If "your" opponent is so weak that the only way you think that they can be elected is to make them seem less bad than the other guy, then there's a huge problem with your candidate.

I find it sad that some of the same people that hold Captain Khan's parents up as an example when they are used for political purposes to attack Trump, are some of the same that attack this mother and others when the political attack is against the person they support.

I'm sure, although I cannot prove it, that the dead children of Mrs. Sheehan, Mr. and Mrs. Khan, and those in the OP, did not sacrifice their lives for politics. They sacrificed their lives for this country, and that is ALL we should be thinking and talking about when their names are brought up.

I, too, feel bad for them all. They are being used by politics and politicians and it will not end well for them. Just look, as you said, at Mrs. Sheehan for an example.

While I don't agree with Sheehan's politics or Slate's, generally, either, here's what she says:

Sheehan sees the Khans’ story through the prism of her own sour experience in the public square. The villains aren’t all on one side of the aisle. “I think the Khans’ grief is being used by a party that is treacherous,” she said. “I have all the sympathy in the world for them. Not only sympathy, but empathy.”

Cindy Sheehan on how the Democrats are using Khizr and Ghazala Khan.

Back
Top Bottom