• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Go Left, Go Right, or Display of Cognitive Decline?

Was it a sign of cognitive decline; temporary confusion as to which side to exit on; or other?

• Total voters
Yeah, because using the prior occupant of the office is like comparing apples to horse apples, right?
Because if you despise Trump and then you equate Biden to what you despise you're insulting him. Also, it's very obvious that Trump had a lot more energy and was more present in social situations. He wasn't very bright though.

Small world, it's been said. I have done some public speaking also. Never got paid for it, at least not in cash.

You've made some good points, but I'll just comment on your last (and most important) one.

I certainly hope it doesn't come across that on this mental health issue I'm throwing rocks at Biden. He's our POTUS also and as such we want (and deserve) not only a physically fit president, but a mentally one as well. He's making decisions that impact all of our lives. The issue here (of cognitive fitness) is raised only because of a pattern seen. Does it suggest a possible problem? It could if it's a fact that he is mentally challenged. In so far as Trump goes, he had his moments also, but I honestly didn't see the same pattern seen in Biden. Is my bias influencing my perception? Perhaps.

We all want a bright, healthy, informed and principled person in the White House. We want that in all elected offices. I would agree that the chances of having such elected officials are greater in people under the age of 70.

At this perilous time in our democracy we need to revamp our election system in such a way that skeezy bastards would be less likely to hold office or want to.

We all want a bright, healthy, informed and principled person in the White House. We want that in all elected offices. I would agree that the chances of having such elected officials are greater in people under the age of 70.

At this perilous time in our democracy we need to revamp our election system in such a way that skeezy bastards would be less likely to hold office or want to.
We are in agreement. We need more politicians like JFK -- both in age category and inspiration.

People are pointing to a recent video of President Biden after a recent speech.

Here is the video clip:

Some are seeing this incident as another sign of cognitive decline, asserting he is seeking someone to shake hands with.

Now I am no fan of President Biden, but IMHO while there may have been an issue of confusion, I'd give him the benefit of the doubt in this case and suggest it was simply a matter of "which side of the platform do I exit from?"

So that is the question. Was it another sign of cognitive decline? Was it simply temporary confusion as to which side to exit from? Was it something else?

What do you think?

Watched it several times. I'm not sure about the handshake thing, but there is definitely some confusion about what he is supposed to do next. He seemed uncertain which way to go.

If this was an isolated incident I'd be inclined to shrug it off. However, it is far from it. I am inclined to attribute it to cognitive issues, and indeed have largely been of the opinion that Biden is President in name only... his staff and cabinet are probably running things.

Seriously? In a thread deceptively designed to denigrate Biden with partial clips, you want to know why there would be videos posted of the previous president who is nuttier than a fruitcake, but you all seem to worship him? You aren't as smart as I thought you were.

People are pointing to a recent video of President Biden after a recent speech.

Here is the video clip:

Some are seeing this incident as another sign of cognitive decline, asserting he is seeking someone to shake hands with.

Now I am no fan of President Biden, but IMHO while there may have been an issue of confusion, I'd give him the benefit of the doubt in this case and suggest it was simply a matter of "which side of the platform do I exit from?"

So that is the question. Was it another sign of cognitive decline? Was it simply temporary confusion as to which side to exit from? Was it something else?

What do you think?

This alone is a non-issue. A "brain fart" if you will. Unfortunately, included with all the other examples, I'm afraid it's another sign of early-stage dementia. I saw my Mom and Dad both die from it. It's a horrible thing. It's my biggest fear. I've had dozens of concussions, and it runs in my family. I already struggle at times.

Seriously? In a thread deceptively designed to denigrate Biden with partial clips, you want to know why there would be videos posted of the previous president who is nuttier than a fruitcake, but you all seem to worship him? You aren't as smart as I thought you were.

You can think there might be some cognitive issues with Biden and still think Trump is batshit crazy.

Seriously? In a thread deceptively designed to denigrate Biden with partial clips, you want to know why there would be videos posted of the previous president
Yes.

Well said and agree.

Because we're showing that the president you all think is so brilliant had his own mental decline. I don't think Biden's been sent for his person woman man camera tv test yet.

Because we're showing that the president you all think is so brilliant had his own mental decline. I don't think Biden's been sent for his person woman man camera tv test yet.

Do you think Biden’s cognitive abilities are in decline?

Do you think Biden’s cognitive abilities are in decline?
No, I think Biden's doing pretty well. He has his stutter, but that's not mental decline. If he slips enough that he needs to be sent for a cognitive test, then I'll be concerned.

I worship the genius who was going to build a big beautiful wall in my state of Colorado, and I'm sure he would have gotten Mexico to pay for it. 🤡 :ROFLMAO:

I worship the genius who was going to build a big beautiful wall in my state of Colorado, and I'm sure he would have gotten Mexico to pay for it. 🤡 :ROFLMAO:

I kind of wish that wall around CO would have been real and not just his delusions.

There are already a million threads on Trump.

There's a bunch of threads on Biden too.
This being one of them. Go elsewhere if you don't want to discuss the thread topic.

You're playing mod now? I'll post where I please.
1oq37g.jpg

Back
Top Bottom