• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Glenn Beck : The Queen Has Died

Reaction score
Political Leaning
Very Conservative
Glenn Beck : The Queen Has Died

News
Jun 3 2015, 9:26 am ET
Queen Elizabeth Death Rumor Spreads After BBC Reporter's Tweet

by Alastair Jamieson

Oops! BBC journalist accidentally tweets death of queen 1:20

LONDON — A behind-the-scenes rehearsal of how the BBC will handle the death of Queen Elizabeth II ended with an apology Wednesday after one of its reporters mistakenly tweeted that the British monarch had passed away.

Ahmen Khawaja, a reporter working for the BBC's Urdu-language service, posted on Twitter that the 89-year-old had been taken to hospital. A second tweet announced: "Queen Elizabrth [sic] has died."
This incorrect tweet was "swiftly" deleted, the BBC said.

The initial report was picked up by media outlets including CNN Newsource and German newspaper Bild.

However, when NBC News alerted Buckingham Palace to the tweets, a spokesman said that the queen was not only alive but carrying out public engagements.

It is not clear exactly how the mistake happened but the U.K.'s publicly-funded broadcaster was staging an internal drill on Wednesday to examine its readiness for the queen's death, a routine event staged by many news organizations.

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/queen-elizabeth-death-rumor-spread-after-bbc-tweet-blunder-n368951

OOOPS, false alarm.

Please delete.

Last edited:
What the hell is this about? (No OP link, no context, etc.)

What the hell is this about? (No OP link, no context, etc.)

I heard Beck say he read a tweet to that effect.

After checking online it seems the Tweet by a BBC journalist was a "test Tweet."

False alarm.

Delete or disregard.

I will check before taking even a serious pundit's word on a serious story like this.

I'm sure Beck brought out his trusty blackboard to explain how this Twitter blitz was really a coup by progressives gone wrong.

Oh god I nearly just collapsed in shock there. I was ready to run outside and see if the Ravens were flying south in their droves and that the moon had eclipsed the sun.

Back
Top Bottom