• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Glenn Beck:“Think I Played A Role, Unfortunately, Helping Tear The Country Apar[W:328

Re: Glenn Beck: “I Think I Played A Role, Unfortunately, In Helping Tear The Country

Hi, I'm someone you have called "worse than a murderer or a terrorist" over a disagreement on taxation and the role of government.

What was your ****ing point again?

In which post did I call YOU that?

Re: Glenn Beck: “I Think I Played A Role, Unfortunately, In Helping Tear The Country

If Palin can fess up...then Palin and Beck can join up together and start a TV show called, "We Ran Out of Ways To Mind **** You So We Lied To You About Being Sorry About Mind ****ing You So That We Can Mind **** You Some More"

Sad I know. Maybe you could step up. :mrgreen:

Remember: radio people are paid entertainers, they are liars. They will adopt any stance for a buck, that is how it works.

Remember: radio people are paid entertainers, they are liars. They will adopt any stance for a buck, that is how it works.

BH...

I didn't realize that Beck was so damn hairy...and short.

BH...

I didn't realize that Beck was so damn hairy...and short.

You have to admit, he was well trained....

That is back when he was a non mormon drug addict and did some terrible things in radio that earned him lots of enemies (read the Vanity Fair article)

Never realized radio people have so much in common with politicians.

You'll never see a leftwinger step up like that.

Nor will you see Glenn Beck express the unadulterated hatred and vile characterizations toward his opponents that we've seen slung at him in this thread.

Never realized radio people have so much in common with politicians.
beck-main-e1302190402969.jpgdownload (6).jpg
Manipulative, self-serving, phony assholes ... both of them.

Manipulative, self-serving, phony assholes ... both of them.

We can add this one to the rest of the ironic posts from liberal hypocrates... LMAO

Nor will you see Glenn Beck express the unadulterated hatred and vile characterizations toward his opponents that we've seen slung at him in this thread.

They can't help it... They're so blinded by partisan hatred that they can't see the hypocrisy of using divisive rhetoric to attack a man, who apologized for using divisive rhetoric, even though their hypocrisy has been pointed out several times on this thread.

You just gotta shake your head, laugh, and thank God you don't see the world through their eyes.

They can't help it... They're so blinded by partisan hatred that they can't see the hypocrisy of using divisive rhetoric to attack a man, who apologized for using divisive rhetoric, even though their hypocrisy has been pointed out several times on this thread.

You just gotta shake your head, laugh, and thank God you don't see the world through their eyes.

How dare you. You dare to call hypocrisy on liberals, while always carrying water for the GOP? You do it all the time.

You, sir, are the last person in the world to dare call anyone else on partisanship.

Understanding that there is left winged bias people out there doing the same thing as guys that like Beck there is an actual time that they do cross the line from time to time and get called out for what they are doing. You would never see Hannity crying over this, but Beck "the good moral influence" that he is will cry over it when he has that moment of convenient conscience. The right wing did do something right after Clinton took office back in the 90's and that was to buy up majority of AM radio stations and start pumping out these types of radio personalities. This is the force that directly feeds the fox "echo chamber" of what these personalities are spewing over the air waves with syndicated shows, and yes there is reason they call them "shows." Just as Beck is putting on another one to hopefully call back lost listeners in hopes that he can further his dieing career. Again, I am not saying that there isn't left wing propaganda going on, it is just the right wing nut jobs did a better job at making sure there drum plays louder, I know in the rural area I live in it is way easier to hear this type of crap getting piped through the airwaves than anything what people would call progressive.

Last edited:

It's just as easy to turn the dial in rural areas as it is in urban ones.

It's just as easy to turn the dial in rural areas as it is in urban ones.
There is no progressive shows in the area that I live. You either listen to guys like Beck or music, just to clarify the point you must have missed.

There is no progressive shows in the area that I live. You either listen to guys like Beck or music, just to clarify the point you must have missed.

You must live in a very rural area with no Internet if you're unable to access any progressive shows.

It's true that there aren't as many as there are conservative-lean; they apparently don't deliver a product that as many folks are interested in hearing. Market issue, and all radio cares about is the numbers.

No need for the either/or either nor the snide tone. It's too early in the morning.

How dare you. You dare to call hypocrisy on liberals, while always carrying water for the GOP? You do it all the time.

You, sir, are the last person in the world to dare call anyone else on partisanship.

Yea, he's carrying something alright, but it ain't their water

People say that America is in trouble. You bet it is, when people get their moral and spiritual guidance from a freakin' idiot.

Dunno, Dan...

Considering he's made probably in the neighborhood of a quarter of a billion dollars talking his stchick...is it the messenger who is an idiot...or the listener? I'd say he carefully and repeatedly watched or read "Elmer Gantry", "James Baker", and Jimmy Swaggert just to name a few.

And why is that? Lord knows every radio station in the USA has tried liberal/progressive commentary on talk radio. That includes every station in our area and those in the most liberal areas of the country as well as in conservative areas of the country. And with very few exceptions, none of these have been profitable for the radio stations. The content could not attract and hold the attention of enough liberals to gain any market share. That is why Air America, even with enormous subsidies, could not make it. Even the most passionate donors got tired of feeding that failing cause. Conservative programming is attracting market share that attracts advertisers and makes it profitable.

Evenso, liberals have all the alphabet media on radio and television to hear their point of view expressed. We conservatives have talk radio and Fox news to hear our point of view expressed and the left can't stand it that we have that.

The reason progressive media fares so poorly, however, is what we have witnessed on this thread. Even progressives get tired of hearing nothing but conservative bashing or hateful blasting of people who are conservative. Yes there is liberal bashing on conservative talk radio and on some of the Fox commentary programs, but that is accompanied by in depth exploration and commentary on real issues and concepts. Conservatives can make a reasoned argument for their point of view and don't depend on all the ugly adjectives to describe those who don't share it.

Because most liberal point of view in the media is based on disliking, accusing, dismissing, denigrating, or blaming conservatives and/or conservatism, and so rarely explores real issues and concepts in depth, most liberals get tired of that and tune out. Conservative radio is critical of liberals and liberal policies but always within the scope of why those are ill advised or wrong and it can argue a point of view without mentioning or bashing anybody. So conservative talk radio rules on the airways. And Fox News draws more market share than all the other cable news channels combined.

Ahhh, I see...

MLK's non-violence = Good
Beck's non-violence = Bad

No double standard there.... LMMFAO

You can't possibly be equating the struggle for civil rights with Beck's bombastic rabble-rousing.
Can you?

Agree with him or not, he did help restore a sense of urgency on all sides to pay attention to politics, as it does effect us individually.

You must live in a very rural area with no Internet if you're unable to access any progressive shows.

It's true that there aren't as many as there are conservative-lean; they apparently don't deliver a product that as many folks are interested in hearing. Market issue, and all radio cares about is the numbers.

No need for the either/or either nor the snide tone. It's too early in the morning.

Not as far as AM radio shows or at least not that I have ever heard, no. Again, I was referring to the AM stations on the radio that generally carry the talk shows. It is not about the market necessarily when you look at who owns the stations being that they are owned by conservatives and dump money into the propaganda machines that they have created.

To further I am not saying that progressive radio shows is something that I would desire to listen to either. I grow tired of black and white type of shows. What big radio personality out there right now that is willing to stay central on issues and carry a voice over the radio waves that does not tilt to being bias?

If you want to talk about what is available on the internet it is what you want to hear when ever you want to hear it. I don't really see any issues of your point on that as you can just click off and keep clicking eventually you will be able to find just about anything you want to hear.

If you are looking towards television, no I don't buy into stations like msnbc anymore than fox, though I think fox does have better substance coming into it by regurgitating the AM radio personalities. MSNBC has really young people pounding their propaganda which generally forget history on lots of issues as they try to only forge forward on some very strange ideas.

Both sides need to stop bashing and start to talk about the real issues and solutions to them. Not just beat a drum to no end.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom