• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Glenn Beck:“Think I Played A Role, Unfortunately, Helping Tear The Country Apar[W:328

Re: Glenn Beck: “I Think I Played A Role, Unfortunately, In Helping Tear The Country

Glenn Beck does not engage in hateful rhetoric. He doesn't call people names as a rule. His commentary is well researched, well prepared, and thoughtfully presented whether one agrees with him or not. He is another one I frequently disagree with, but I have at other times appreciated the scholarship he brought to the table. He is a non threatening gentleman at all times. But those on the Left here are willing to give him no credit whatsoever for being right about anything and, as I said, have used at least a couple of dozen really nasty, hateful adjectives and/or characterizations to describe him.

Here are some GB gems-

“This president, I think, has exposed himself over and over again as a guy who has a deep-seated hatred for white people or the white culture… I’m not saying he doesn’t like white people, I’m saying he has a problem. This guy is, I believe, a racist.”

"I'm thinking about killing Michael Moore, and I'm wondering if I could kill him myself, or if I would need to hire somebody to do it. ... No, I think I could. I think he could be looking me in the eye, you know, and I could just be choking the life out. Is this wrong?" -musing about what he would do for $50 million

"When I see a 9/11 victim family on television, or whatever, I'm just like, 'Oh shut up' I'm so sick of them because they're always complaining." –"The Glenn Beck Program," Sept. 9, 2005

"I think there is a handful of people who hate America. Unfortunately for them, a lot of them are losing their homes in a forest fire today." –on why people who lost their homes in forest fires in California had it coming, "The Glenn Beck Program," Oct. 22, 2007 (3

You might be mistaken.

Re: Glenn Beck: “I Think I Played A Role, Unfortunately, In Helping Tear The Country

Here are some GB gems-

“This president, I think, has exposed himself over and over again as a guy who has a deep-seated hatred for white people or the white culture… I’m not saying he doesn’t like white people, I’m saying he has a problem. This guy is, I believe, a racist.”

That was not hateful, it was a legitimate observation after the president said the following about an incident between Cambridge police and a black professor:

I don’t know, not having been there and not seeing all the facts, what role race played in that,” Mr. Obama continued. “But I think it’s fair to say, No. 1, any of us would be pretty angry; No. 2, that the Cambridge police acted stupidly in arresting somebody when there was already proof that they were in their own home;​

Obama wasn't there and didn't know all the facts, yet the police acted stupidly?

Sorry, but not hateful.

"I'm thinking about killing Michael Moore, and I'm wondering if I could kill him myself, or if I would need to hire somebody to do it. ... No, I think I could. I think he could be looking me in the eye, you know, and I could just be choking the life out. Is this wrong?" -musing about what he would do for $50 million

That quote was from his radio show 8 years ago in 2005, was said tongue and cheek, and doesn't represent what he does now or has in the last 4 or 5 years.

"When I see a 9/11 victim family on television, or whatever, I'm just like, 'Oh shut up' I'm so sick of them because they're always complaining." –"The Glenn Beck Program," Sept. 9, 2005

Again, nearly 8 years ago on his radio show...

"I think there is a handful of people who hate America. Unfortunately for them, a lot of them are losing their homes in a forest fire today." –on why people who lost their homes in forest fires in California had it coming, "The Glenn Beck Program," Oct. 22, 2007 (

I don't get why you posted this one at all. He was taking a pot-shot at California and the far leftist like Sean Penn who reside there. He wasn't cheering the fact that anyone was losing their home in fires taking place.

All those clips but the first have one thing in common... They come from his radio show which was always (until recently) tongue and cheek, not serious political discussion. The only serious quote you posted was the first one and like I said, I think that was a legitimate observation based on what Obama said.

You might be mistaken.

She isn't mistaken, you are... The fact that you have to scour Media Matters to get your material makes not only your agenda crystal clear, but also shows what little regard you have for the truth, or you wouldn't use them for a source in the first place.

Here are some GB gems-

"I think there is a handful of people who hate America. Unfortunately for them, a lot of them are losing their homes in a forest fire today." –on why people who lost their homes in forest fires in California had it coming, "The Glenn Beck Program," Oct. 22, 2007 (3

You might be mistaken.

I might be and might even be convinced if you will put those quotations into their full context with links to a reliable source for them. I don't accept quotations taken out of context and trotted out as a person's intent on some rabid leftwing hate site.

In other words, when you're presented with evidence that your hero isn't the paragon of virtue you claim he is, ignore and deflect. Pathetic.

Here are some GB gems-

You might be mistaken.

What's the source (or sources) of your quotes? I ask because of the errant "3" you didn't delete.

In other words, when you're presented with evidence that your hero isn't the paragon of virtue you claim he is, ignore and deflect. Pathetic.

If that was directed to me I have never claimed that anybody is the paragon of virtue. I happen to believe any person is capable of being wrong, making mistakes, misspeaking, screwing up, and I believe we are all sinners who have fallen short. But I haven't seen any 'evidence'. I have seen quotations, obviously taken out of context, presented as 'evidence'. In my world that is not evidence. That is more often than not deliberate hatred directed at somebody and intended to smear them. And the person doing usually doesn't CARE about context.

I might be and might even be convinced if you will put those quotations into their full context with links to a reliable source for them. I don't accept quotations taken out of context and trotted out as a person's intent on some rabid leftwing hate site.

With the exception of the first one, they were tongue and cheek from his radio show. It's typical Media Matters tripe, so just ignore it.

With the exception of the first one, they were tongue and cheek from his radio show. It's typical Media Matters tripe, so just ignore it.

The "oh he was just joking" defense. :roll:

That combined with the "it was 8 years ago when he was a different person" also.

What a bunch of tools.

Again, what was the source of your quotes? It's good form to credit them, and I'm curious because you failed to delete two characters from your cut-and-paste (an open-parens and the number 3).

Says the one that uses Media Matters as her source.

Those who vociferously defend right-wing commentators always claim that Media Matters is wrong or unreliable, but they never say how.

MMFA is definitely agenda driven. That certainly doesn't mean that the quotes of right-wing talking heads saying awful things aren't accurate.

Says the one that uses Media Matters as her source.

Maybe you should stop stating opinion and speculation as fact.

Maybe you should stop stating opinion and speculation as fact.

I did no such thing... But whatever floats your boat.

Those who vociferously defend right-wing commentators always claim that Media Matters is wrong or unreliable, but they never say how.

MMFA is definitely agenda driven. That certainly doesn't mean that the quotes of right-wing talking heads saying awful things aren't accurate.

MEDIA MATTERS FOR AMERICA (MMFA)
1625 Massachusetts Ave. NW - Suite 300
PO Box 52155
Washington, DC
Phone :(202) 756-4100
Email :action@mediamatters.org
URL :Media Matters for America

Self-described “progressive” media “monitor” that tracks “conservative misinformation”
A creation of Democratic Party funders and ofperatives, and of former conservative writer David Brock
Dictates the content of many mainstream media reports
Smears conservatives as liars and racists
Contends that conservatives dominate the mainstream media
Is funded and supported by the billionaire philanthropist George Soros
Has regular contact and strategy sessions with political operatives inside the Obama White House
Has collaborated with Attorney General Eric Holder's office in an effort to discredit and suppress news stories about scandals plaguing the Justice Department

Established in May 2004, Media Matters for America describes itself as a “web-based, not-for-profit … progressive research and information center dedicated to comprehensively monitoring, analyzing, and correcting conservative misinformation” in print, broadcast, cable, radio, and Internet media outlets across the United States. Such “misinformation” includes “news or commentary that is not accurate, reliable, or credible and that forwards the conservative agenda.” Moreover, Media Matters is a constituent member of the Shadow Party, which is a network of non-profit activist groups organized by George Soros and others to mobilize resources -- money, get-out-the-vote drives, campaign advertising, and policy initatives -- to advance Democratic Party agendas.

Using its website, MediaMatters.org, as its principal vehicle for disseminating information, Media Matters posts rapid-response items as well as longer research and analytical reports “documenting conservative misinformation throughout the media.” In its earlier years, Media Matters highlighted such “misinformation” directly alongside what it depicted as examples of wild, angry rhetoric by conservatives. By so doing, it blurred the distinction between research and opinion. Eventually the organization recognized this error and began to list factual challenges in a designated Research section, while attacks on conservative rhetoric were relegated to the Media Matters Blog.

Evey thing one should know about Media Matters. -> http://www.discoverthenetworks.org/printgroupProfile.asp?grpid=7150

Other noteworthy donors to Media Matters include the Democracy Alliance, and MoveOn.org.

MoveOn (MO) - Discover the Networks

Democracy Alliance (DA) - Discover the Networks

We told you so.

We told you back when Glenn Beck was a Fox News host that he was a blight on our media and political culture and was doing great harm to the country. Beck now admits as much himself. Returning for an appearance on Fox this week, Beck recalled his time there by conceding he made "an awful lot of mistakes." "I think I played a role," Beck reflected, "in helping tear the country apart. "

You think?

-White House And Progressives Are "Taking You To A Place To Be Slaughtered"

-"It's 9-11 All Over Again Except We Didn't Have The Collapsing Buildings"

-Beck Suggests Obama Admin. Might Kill "10 Percent" Of Population

-Beck: Obama Is A "Racist" Who Has "Exposed Himself As A Guy" With "A Deep-Seated Hatred For White People, Or The White Culture"

-Beck: The "American Left" Is "Funding Terrorists Or Working With Terrorists"

Sure there's reason to be skeptical about Beck's latest public confession. He told Megyn Kelly he regretteddividing Americans while at Fox between 2009 and 2011. But he didn't stop peddling hateful conspiracies when he left for his own independent network. In 2013, as the city of Boston and nation recoiled from the Boston Marathon terrorist attack, what did Beck do? He led a mindless crusade against an innocent Saudi national student who was actually injured in the blast.

http://mediamatters.org/blog/2014/01/24/shorter-glenn-beck-media-matters-was-right-abou/197728

Last edited:

Enter the liberal superhero... MediaMattersMan

PO Box 52155
Washington, DC

Self-described “progressive” media “monitor” that tracks “conservative misinformation”
A creation of Democratic Party funders and ofperatives, and of former conservative writer David Brock
Has regular contact and strategy sessions with political operatives inside the Obama White House
Has collaborated with Attorney General Eric Holder's office in an effort to discredit and suppress news stories about scandals plaguing the Justice Department

Established in May 2004, Media Matters for America describes itself as a “web-based, not-for-profit … progressive research and information center dedicated to comprehensively monitoring, analyzing, and correcting conservative misinformation” in print, broadcast, cable, radio, and Internet media outlets across the United States. Such “misinformation” includes “news or commentary that is not accurate, reliable, or credible and that forwards the conservative agenda.” Moreover, Media Matters is a constituent member of the Shadow Party, which is a network of non-profit activist groups organized by George Soros and others to mobilize resources -- money, get-out-the-vote drives, campaign advertising, and policy initatives -- to advance Democratic Party agendas.

Using its website, MediaMatters.org, as its principal vehicle for disseminating information, Media Matters posts rapid-response items as well as longer research and analytical reports “documenting conservative misinformation throughout the media.” In its earlier years, Media Matters highlighted such “misinformation” directly alongside what it depicted as examples of wild, angry rhetoric by conservatives. By so doing, it blurred the distinction between research and opinion. Eventually the organization recognized this error and began to list factual challenges in a designated Research section, while attacks on conservative rhetoric were relegated to the Media Matters Blog.

Evey thing one should know about Media Matters. -> http://www.discoverthenetworks.org/printgroupProfile.asp?grpid=7150

Other noteworthy donors to Media Matters include the Democracy Alliance, and MoveOn.org.

David Horowitz is a Pig

Enter the liberal superhero... MediaMattersMan
Either the information is accurate or it isn't. Until you discredit the information the source is irrelevant.

PO Box 52155
Washington, DC

Nothing here refutes anything I said. Keep swinging and missing.

Either the information is accurate or it isn't. Until you discredit the information the source is irrelevant.

I already made my comments on what you gathered from them.... As for Media Matters, they are nothing but a liberal propaganda website that specializes in taking things out of context and twisting facts in order to reach false conclusions. Their success relies on their readers being so ideologically controlled, that they run with their stories and treat them as gospel, without taking the time to actually check them out first... I have torn their BS apart piece by piece many times over the years and they are about as far away from credible as it gets.

I already made my comments on what you gathered from them.... As for Media Matters, they are nothing but a liberal propaganda website that specializes in taking things out of context and twisting facts in order to reach false conclusions. Their success relies on their readers being so ideologically controlled, that they run with their stories and treat them as gospel, without taking the time to actually check them out first...

This is yet another lie.

I have torn their BS apart piece by piece many times over the years and they are about as far away from credible as it gets.

I don't buy that for a second.

I already made my comments on what you gathered from them.... As for Media Matters, they are nothing but a liberal propaganda website that specializes in taking things out of context and twisting facts in order to reach false conclusions. Their success relies on their readers being so ideologically controlled, that they run with their stories and treat them as gospel, without taking the time to actually check them out first... I have torn their BS apart piece by piece many times over the years and they are about as far away from credible as it gets.

and those who oppose your political views would say the same about FOX. Like I said, if you expect others to respect or at least consider your sources as credible then you should do the same or you defeat your own argument.

Last edited:

Speaking of sources, I've asked you twice to document yours for those Beck quotes. Are you reluctant to for some reason?

Back
Top Bottom