• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Given my childish behavior on these forums, I will be leaving today

rick-and-morty-jerry.gif

When I first started posting here, I thought I could give reasonable positions and arguments. And while that was partly true, I have grown to realize that in my brief tenure here, I "matured backwards" and grew petulant and impulsive.

I became a slave to the reaction score. It didn't matter how accurate or good a post was, all that increasingly mattered was making hot takes to gain fame. And I, like so many others, crave attention.

I learned about the dark side of my thoughts, that they came across on the threads as callous or indifferent to the suffering of others, or were indifferent. My contrarian ego was manifested in ugly ways and I made ugly and hurtful comments belittling others.

All my dealings with the news, all my searching for meaning among the chaos of politics and the news led me to this: Becoming puny in brain and tiny in heart.

People can see my posts. They know what I said. Let them stay there as a symbol of my ego, callousness, and vanity. Hopefully it will provide lessons for later users on how not to argue on the internet.

So, I will be leaving now. And not only DebatePolitics, but the whole seamy mass of internet politics. I have grown to despise it. My heart has become hardened. I want a heart of flesh not a heart of stone. I want to serve Christ faithfully and love others. And my involvment in internet politics is getting in the way of that.

There is much I could say, but there is only so much time on this sad planet. Goodbye, and I am truly sorry for my pride.
Great! Who were you?

That is why I find Red's Good morning thread and the dinner thread so refreshing. You come together with folks, get to know others a bit better.
For what it's worth, don't take these discussions so seriously. It ain't worth it.

When I first started posting here, I thought I could give reasonable positions and arguments. And while that was partly true, I have grown to realize that in my brief tenure here, I "matured backwards" and grew petulant and impulsive.

I became a slave to the reaction score. It didn't matter how accurate or good a post was, all that increasingly mattered was making hot takes to gain fame. And I, like so many others, crave attention.

I learned about the dark side of my thoughts, that they came across on the threads as callous or indifferent to the suffering of others, or were indifferent. My contrarian ego was manifested in ugly ways and I made ugly and hurtful comments belittling others.

All my dealings with the news, all my searching for meaning among the chaos of politics and the news led me to this: Becoming puny in brain and tiny in heart.

People can see my posts. They know what I said. Let them stay there as a symbol of my ego, callousness, and vanity. Hopefully it will provide lessons for later users on how not to argue on the internet.

So, I will be leaving now. And not only DebatePolitics, but the whole seamy mass of internet politics. I have grown to despise it. My heart has become hardened. I want a heart of flesh not a heart of stone. I want to serve Christ faithfully and love others. And my involvment in internet politics is getting in the way of that.

There is much I could say, but there is only so much time on this sad planet. Goodbye, and I am truly sorry for my pride.
You should stay. There are a lot of threads that are not political. Give them a try. I think the last few months has been the longest stretch I have stayed on over the last ten years. Usually I would come on a week or so, get busy, and be gone for a year. Now, I have found it enjoyable in different ways, for other reasons. Take a break. Explore some. You might like the change. There are a lot of people on here that are interested in a vast array of things other than the serious, even more that read and do not post. Something to think about.

Back
Top Bottom