• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Giuliani: Mueller 'has to be winding down'

Umm... you claimed that "Again you are assuming facts not in evidence. The article says that she was working with Fusion GPS but Fusion GPS denies that connection."

Fusion GPS denies that connection, do they? Where in either of the links you provided does Fusion deny the connection that existed between them and her?

Read Glen Simpson's own words...

https://www.cnsnews.com/news/articl...-russian-lawyer-after-her-meeting-trump-tower

So regarding your claim that... "Fusion GPS denies that connection", not only do they NOT deny it, Glen Simpson even testified to the fact that he had met with her personally on several occasions.

Now would be a good time to just admit that you were misinformed on the issue and move on.

Again you are nothing but completely obtuse. Fusion GPS in the articles that I gave you deny direct contact with Veselnetskaya. They clearly state that while they knew she had access to their worker material as part of the defense team they neither directly provided it to her, nor gave it to her, nor knew that she had used the material for anything other than the case it was given for.

Also the Fusion GPS was not hired by Veselnitskaya, they were hired by separate firm to work separate from Veselnetskaya as part of the same case the Veselnetskaya was hired by the principle...not the firm that hired Fusion GPS.

And as your own quotes indicate that the only contact Simpson had with her was a client dinner...that is a dinner where all the clients of a particular case are invited to. It doesn't mean that Veselnitskaya was a client of Fusion GPS. It means that Fusion GPS was client involved with the same defense case that Veselnetskaya was working on. Not that they were working together. As clearly indicated by Fusion GPS and even the quotes you provided there was NO BUSINESS LINK. Veselnitskaya received the Fusion GPS report because she was on the defense team. Hired by the principle. Fusion GPS was hired by a firm that was hired by the firm that was conducting the U.S. Defense.

You are nothing if not tiresome and obtuse.

Again you are nothing but completely obtuse. Fusion GPS in the articles that I gave you deny direct contact with Veselnetskaya.

They don't deny that at all. Did you even read them?

Here is the transcript of Glen Simpson's(he's the guy in charge of Fusion GPS in case you didn't know that, either) testimony before a congressional committee:

https://www.feinstein.senate.gov/pu...D915E97709D2F.simpson-transcript-redacted.pdf

It's rather lengthy but the pertinent part regarding this discussion begins on page 114. Let's take a look at some of the questions asked of Mr. Simpson and his answers to those questions, shall we?

Question: Do you know Natalia Veselnitskaya?

Answer: Yes.

Question: When did you first interact with Ms. Veselnitskaya?

Answer: I believe it was sometime in 2014.

Here, Simpson himself states that he knows Veselnitskaya and first met her in 2014. This is important because it directly refutes your claim that: "Fusion GPS in the articles that I gave you deny direct contact with Veselnetskaya". Glen Simpson testified that he "first" met her in 2014. Let's continue...

Question: Has Fusion ever worked with Ms. Veselnitskaya?

Answer: Didn't I just answer that? Yes. I mean, she was the lawyer, the Russian lawyer who retained Baker Hostetler who retained us. So when you say "worked with," I don't know that as a technical meaning, but we interacted with her as part of the Prevezon litigation.

So now we have Glen Simpson(the guy who is the head of Fusion GPS) establishing that he has both personally met with Ms. Veselnitskaya and that his firm has interacted with her.

But wait, there's more...

Question: And beyond your interactions with her about the extortion issue, what type of interaction did you have with her in the course of the Prevezon work?

Answer: In the early period it was I believe largely about this extortion case. Later on when we would appear in court it would -- you know, she would come to some of the Court hearings and the issue of Browder's efforts to avoid having to testify were front and center, sort of the main issue for quite a while. So I don't remember specific conversations with her about that, but that's what we would have discussed.

Glen Simpson's own words, documented. Why you keep trying to argue this point is beyond me but it is hilarious watching you flail around. It must be traumatizing or something for you to have to admit you are wrong, I'm guessing?:lol:

You may want to go back and read what I actually said, Vern. I said "Trump's defense team" and you mischaracterized that as me saying Trump himself. You also mischaracterized the evidence of Simson, Ohr, Steele, and Strzok having a direct conduit to each other as "deep state conspiracy" when it has been well established via emails and text messages that, yes, the conduit did indeed exist.

So don't give me this "feigned umbrage" crap. It's dishonesty on your part.

As far as what I ACTUALLY said, it really isn't all that complicated. Any charges brought forth regarding that Trump tower meeting are going to bring with them a discovery process where the defense will undoubtedly present all of this stuff to discredit the prosecution.

I guess you can claim you weren't really posting a "deep state" narrative but you said "bad things for the intel community" as if Mueller was trying to protect them. You didn't say "protect his case". You said "protect the intel community". Sounds "deep statey" to me.

And your "clarification" seems to go back you thinking Trump's team (feel better) is "chomping at the bit" to go to trial to expose things you think Mueller is trying to protect. Can you give us some idea of the things that you see so clearly that would "help" the defense concerning this "nefarious" conduit? thanks in advance.

They don't deny that at all. Did you even read them?

Here is the transcript of Glen Simpson's(he's the guy in charge of Fusion GPS in case you didn't know that, either) testimony before a congressional committee:

https://www.feinstein.senate.gov/pu...D915E97709D2F.simpson-transcript-redacted.pdf

It's rather lengthy but the pertinent part regarding this discussion begins on page 114. Let's take a look at some of the questions asked of Mr. Simpson and his answers to those questions, shall we?

Here, Simpson himself states that he knows Veselnitskaya and first met her in 2014. This is important because it directly refutes your claim that: "Fusion GPS in the articles that I gave you deny direct contact with Veselnetskaya". Glen Simpson testified that he "first" met her in 2014. Let's continue...

So now we have Glen Simpson(the guy who is the head of Fusion GPS) establishing that he has both personally met with Ms. Veselnitskaya and that his firm has interacted with her.

But wait, there's more...

Glen Simpson's own words, documented. Why you keep trying to argue this point is beyond me but it is hilarious watching you flail around. It must be traumatizing or something for you to have to admit you are wrong, I'm guessing?:lol:

Glen Simpson only states that he had dinner with her at a client dinner for everyone involved with the defense and group dinner later on. Fusion GPS did deny any direct contact and any direct knowledge of her using their work product. Again you are just being ridiculously obtuse on this. The facts are there.

Prevezon gets indicted for money laundering.

Prevezon hires U.S. lawyers to defend him.

U.S. Law Firm hires Russian Lawyer to liaise with U.S. Defense team.

U.S. Defense team hires investigative firm to discover evidence.

Investigative Firm hires Fusion GPS.

Fusion GPS provides a report to everyone on the defense team.

Veselnitskaya being a rat for Chaika provides Chaika with the Fusion GPS report.

Chaika opens his own investigation into the Fusion GPS report.

Chaika provides his version of the Fusion GPS report to Veselnetskaya to bring to the Trump Tower Meeting.

Simpson has dinner with everyone on the defense team for Prevezon.

Simpson is at another dinner with Veselnetskaya that she is attending at the bequest of Chaika.

Veselnetskaya agrees to meet with Udze and Kudze Trump along with the three stooges of the Trump Campaign team at Trump Tower through Chaika with the report that Chaika gave her based on the Fusion GPS report.

You are nothing if not and obtuse **** head that cannot seem to take off the pyramid hat no matter how much evidence there is you are full of ****.

I guess you can claim you weren't really posting a "deep state" narrative but you said "bad things for the intel community" as if Mueller was trying to protect them. You didn't say "protect his case". You said "protect the intel community". Sounds "deep statey" to me.

And your "clarification" seems to go back you thinking Trump's team (feel better) is "chomping at the bit" to go to trial to expose things you think Mueller is trying to protect. Can you give us some idea of the things that you see so clearly that would "help" the defense concerning this "nefarious" conduit? thanks in advance.

Ok, I'll indulge you. Let's pretend for a moment that Mueller charges Trump Jr. with some crime regarding the Trump tower meeting...

It is the job of the defense team to raise reasonable doubt. There are many way to accomplish this. Regarding the Trump tower meeting, there is more than enough ammunition there already to suggest that it was a set up... and before you go jumping off the rails, reread what I just said. I said "suggest" it was a set up. I didn't say "prove" it was a set up. In the course of this "suggestion" they will be presenting evidence which will be damaging beyond the scope of the trial. Bruce Ohr acting as a conduit between Christopher Steele, Fusion GPS and the FBI has already been established and the fact that Veselnitskaya was a client of Fusion GPS and had a working relationship with both Simpson and his firm has also been established. All of this, and more, will be laid out in open court for all to see. From this point just use your imagination.

Do you really doubt that it would go there?

I really doubt you have any detailed information as to what the State of NY has discovered, but I hear that his 3 children are also in serious jeopardy .

That is what the news papers are reporting. .. and so far, there is a civil case filed against the Trump foundation, and Cohen has been subpoenaed to talk to see if there is information for criminal charges. Anything beyond 'a civil lawsuit has been filed' and 'There is a criminal investigation going on' is speculation right now. That doesn't mean it's wrong.. but it is not confirmed.

Glen Simpson only states that he had dinner with her at a client dinner for everyone involved with the defense and group dinner later on. Fusion GPS did deny any direct contact and any direct knowledge of her using their work product. Again you are just being ridiculously obtuse on this. The facts are there.
You are beginning to bore me.

You claimed that: "Fusion GPS in the articles that I gave you deny direct contact with Veselnetskaya."

I just showed you transcripts of a congressional hearing where Glen Simpson himself refuted that claim by acknowledging that he knew her, worked with her, and personally interacted with her over a period of several years.

What part about Simpson acknowledging their relationship leads you to believe that there was no relationship?

100s of millions.....2 years.....and nowhere closer to RUSSIAN COLLUSION than day one. Just a bunch of DC fishing expeditions based on bitterness and rage
over a gutted LIB QUEEN McFainty. IT WAS HER TURN!!!!!!!

:rock

You are beginning to bore me.

You claimed that: "Fusion GPS in the articles that I gave you deny direct contact with Veselnetskaya."

I just showed you transcripts of a congressional hearing where Glen Simpson himself refuted that claim by acknowledging that he knew her, worked with her, and personally interacted with her over a period of several years.

What part about Simpson acknowledging their relationship leads you to believe that there was no relationship?

You did no such thing in the articles and in fact the testimony you cited confirms exactly what I stated. I know the truth bores you Trump supporters because you cannot bend it to your own ****ed up sense of reality but the truth is the truth as I have laid it out an backed up by actual facts. Deal with it.

100s of millions.....2 years.....and nowhere closer to RUSSIAN COLLUSION than day one. Just a bunch of DC fishing expeditions based on bitterness and rage

Hey Russian troll...where are some good Peroshki in St. Petersburg?

You did no such thing in the articles and in fact the testimony you cited confirms exactly what I stated. I know the truth bores you Trump supporters because you cannot bend it to your own ****ed up sense of reality but the truth is the truth as I have laid it out an backed up by actual facts. Deal with it.
Look, buddy, this is what you claimed:

There are 0 facts that connect Veselnitskaya with anything related to Fusion GPS

Your words. You keep trying to subtly shift that claim each time I PROVE that there were many personal meetings and a working collaboration over 2+ years. Simpson himself testified to this before congress.

Stop acting like a buffoon... if that is possible.

Look, buddy, this is what you claimed:

Your words. You keep trying to subtly shift that claim each time I PROVE that there were many personal meetings and a working collaboration over 2+ years. Simpson himself testified to this before congress.

Stop acting like a buffoon... if that is possible.

Not subtly shifting anything dude. I have been consistent throughout.

Not subtly shifting anything dude. I have been consistent throughout.

Really? Then how do you reconcile this statement...

There are 0 facts that connect Veselnitskaya with anything related to Fusion GPS

...with Glen Simpson's testimony before congressional committee?

There is no agreement we know of. I suspect he is cooperating for leniency.

A federal prosecutor can come in after sentencing and recommend a reduction of sentence in light of later cooperation. He certainly seems to be angling for that through his lawyer, but Mueller will have to want and like his information enough for it to work.

However, I was responding to this:

Now that they have the guilty plea, they can fully debrief Cohen, and squeeze every last drop out of him.

, which sounds inaccurate, since one generally doesn't have the ability to "squeeze" someone who has already pled guilty.

There's no cooperation agreement for the case with the Soutern District..

However, he could be cooperating with Mueller and giving away the farm.

He certainly has signaled through his lawyer that he wants to.

That's an uneducated claim, even by the standards some of your past posts have set. Manafort was found guilty on 8 charges which net him up to 80 years in prison. He's not a young man, and even a young man wouldn't survive an 80 year prison sentence. Continuing to claim Mueller has nothing is pretty desperate on your end at this point.

As I said, never give up apdst, even when reality doesn't agree with you. Do you think Manafort is winning?

:lol:

Manafort wasn't found guilty of anything. Cohen didn't turn on Trump. That is just the media feeding you fake news in an effort to discredit Dear Leader. If Trump put them on his team they are the best Jerry. The best.

Ok, I'll indulge you. Let's pretend for a moment that Mueller charges Trump Jr. with some crime regarding the Trump tower meeting...

It is the job of the defense team to raise reasonable doubt. There are many way to accomplish this. Regarding the Trump tower meeting, there is more than enough ammunition there already to suggest that it was a set up... and before you go jumping off the rails, reread what I just said. I said "suggest" it was a set up. I didn't say "prove" it was a set up. In the course of this "suggestion" they will be presenting evidence which will be damaging beyond the scope of the trial. Bruce Ohr acting as a conduit between Christopher Steele, Fusion GPS and the FBI has already been established and the fact that Veselnitskaya was a client of Fusion GPS and had a working relationship with both Simpson and his firm has also been established. All of this, and more, will be laid out in open court for all to see. From this point just use your imagination.

Do you really doubt that it would go there?

I didn't go off the rails at "more than enough ammunition there already to suggest that it was a set up." I simply chuckled. I know, lets assume it was a set up. That doesn't explain don jr and trump lying about it repeatedly for over a year. Just post "trump and don jr wouldn't have lied repeatedly if mean ole Hillary set them up even though Hillary, who set them up, oddly didn't use this elaborate set up in the election" for me and I'll believe you believe your obedient narrative.

But you are still not addressing your "deep statey" narrative that Mueller will be worried about "bad things for the intel community." that's not a "he hopes the defense doesn't go there because it undermines his prosecution" narrative. its a "deep statey" narrative.

I thought the Manafort trial was the first of two, and was the very first of Americans being tried related to the Trump campaign. Keeping in mind that all other related criminal cases were pushed back, Flynn, Papadopolus, and the presumed sealed indictments, to allow Manafort to play out, to see if he would flip.

Looks like it's the very tip of the iceberg, but Giuliani knows this.

According to "JulIieAnna" things have turned in Trump's favor. Alternative Universe.

Tick tock

I hate to break it to you guys, but nobody cares. They tuned out all this nonsense many months ago. Yes, the independents, too.

Trump could commit 100 acts of treason and still not even be in the ballpark of Hillary and 20 other top Democrats. Everybody knows this. Everybody knows the media runs interference on this.

People have written off the media altogether. Washington, in general, too.

If the economy is flourishing and they have a job and a life that is improving, they want to stay on course. The 500 fabricated media stories in the past two years lost their trust and attention in the media for good.

You here all week?

http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/403011-giuliani-mueller-has-to-be-winding-down

Rudy, not in your wildest wet dreams is Mueller winding down.
As we have seen the charges, guilty pleas an convictions just keep on coming down the **** chute for Trump and associates.

I do wonder if Mueller will lay more charges in the coming weeks, or hive it off to SDNY.
Next up will be what if anything does Cohen have on Trump that he can deal with Mueller for a lighter sentence?

View attachment 67238743

He (Mueller) hasn't found anything. Unless he starts investigatimg Democrats, there's nothing left to do.
Loads of convictions, guilty pleas and indictments say otherwise.

There is neither knowledge of that and nor is that knowledge common.
Again you have 0 proof connecting Veselnitskaya to Fusion GPS. It is known she was a lawyer with several clients one them being Simpson...separate from Fusion GPS. Again NO LINK...0...nada...zip...zilch...to Fusion GPS. On the other hand there is a direct evidence that she was at the meeting in Trump Tower representing Yuri Chaika. So on hand you have zero evidence that she was in any way connected with Fusion GPS and other hand there is direct incontrovertible evidence she was there representing Yuri Chaika. So what is your point exactly? That direct collusion between the Russian Government and the Trump Campaign is already a PROVEN FACT. The only thing left is find out it said collusion was illegal or just ****ing dirty as hell.

Nah, it's common knowledge. I know she was in cahoots with Fusion, and I don't even know what day it is.

Back
Top Bottom