• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Girl Too Young For Tattoo Offered Irreversible Gender Surgery.

Should Minors have a right to decide unilaterally to have Gender Reassignment Surgery?

• Total voters
How in earth is this anti lesbian anti gay or anti bisexual?

From what I see it doesn't have anything to do with the LGB. So it's just anti TQ+ nonsense.

When trans people routinely try in shame gays and lesbians for not dating their crappy gender identities that's homophobia on the level of Bible beaters. And the fact that they want to transition us when we're kids that's extraordinarily f***** up.

I'm actually standing up against homophobia.
Sure you are.

Transition is just modern conversion therapy for lesbian and gay youth.

Sorry I oppose bigotry even when it comes from the left.
Projections are boring.

This is not a question.
I'm not allowed to say anything against the imaginary community that people want to use to sew division.

If I'm a gay man and I don't play along with the left more and more gays and lesbians are refusing to because they are trying to force us to be straight to affirm gender identity.

This is just a baseless assertion and offensive to anyone who had to suffer conversion "therapy"

They are trying to force us to be straight to affirm gender identity.
No one is forcing you to have sex with trans people

How in earth is this anti lesbian anti gay or anti bisexual?

From what I see it doesn't have anything to do with the LGB. So it's just anti TQ+ nonsense.

When trans people routinely try in shame gays and lesbians for not dating their crappy gender identities that's homophobia on the level of Bible beaters. And the fact that they want to transition us when we're kids that's extraordinarily f***** up.

I'm actually standing up against homophobia.

Absolutely correct.

The attempt by activists on the Left to tie TQ+ to LGB is done to try to add credibility to that Ideology based on the historical travails of those in the LGB community.

IMO there is no connection.

IMO those who are being "pushed" or "indoctrinated" by the mental health and medical sectors are victims of those groups/agencies who see profits in creating this new class of "victims."

Massive profits to be had in surgeries, hormone treatments, counseling services, a whole genre of mental and medical "health" skullduggery.

I don't support linking the above with issues facing members of the LGB community.

It is not a well founded opinion. Psychiatrists are doctors and there are no kickbacks because that would be the loss of their medical license. No Dr or Ph.D. psychologist is going to put their financial future, freedom, or their medical career in jeopardy over any client, teen or an adult.

Stop consuming conservative media that lies about this subject matter, even if it does confirm your bias.

Sure. Because doctors or shrinks have never, in the history of the professions, ever done such a thing with Big Pharma or with other doctors.

The attempt by activists on the Left to tie TQ+ to LGB is done to try to add credibility to that Ideology based on the historical travails of those in the LGB community.
When did it start?

IMO those who are being "pushed" or "indoctrinated" by the mental health and medical sectors are victims of those groups/agencies who see profits in creating this new class of "victims."
Can you cite anything other than your opinion or feelings

Massive profits to be had in surgeries, hormone treatments, counseling services, a whole genre of mental and medical "health" skullduggery.
Do you pick and choose when you think there is an issue of ethics in making profit

Sure. Because doctors or shrinks have never, in the history of the professions, ever done such a thing with Big Pharma or with other doctors.
Again, you're engaging in fanfiction. If you have any proof of a large group of doctors or shrinks conspiring to make massive profit off of trans related healthcare, you should present it instead

The CT forum is that-a-way------------------->

I'm not allowed to say anything against the imaginary community that people want to use to sew division.

TERFS?
If I'm a gay man and I don't play along with the left more and more gays and lesbians are refusing to because they are trying to force us to be straight to affirm gender identity.
Who have you ever been forced or coerced to date?

Did someone forget to tell you that about 50% of trans females and trans males are bi or gay/lesbian? They aren't interested in you. Dating you wouldn't affirm anything. Where do you get this nonsense?

Sorry I oppose bigotry even when it comes from the left.
Thanks for admitting that you dont understand the difference between sexual orientation and gender idneity. Obviously psychologists do understand that difference. That possible confusion would be ruled out as part before the diagnosis is made.

Gays guys arent trans-female and lesbians arent trans guys.

Last edited:
No one is forcing you to have sex with trans people
When they call me transphobic because I won't change my sexuality for them we aren't in the same team.

I've been ridiculed for my sexuality before. It's not okay when it comes from one of the letters people pretend it's a community

When they call me transphobic because I won't change my sexuality for them we aren't in the same team.

Holy shit. Your sexual orientation can't be changed. Nobody is asking you to. There are no teams.
I've been ridiculed for my sexuality before. It's not okay when it comes from one of the letters people pretend it's a community
The persecution is strong with this one.

When did it start?

Well, according to THIS article LGB became a "thing" in the 1990's, although I recall the Stonewall riots were in 1969, and Gays and Lesbians began to gain political recognition after that.

According to that same article "transgender" was added in the 2000's followed by the QIA more recently.

Can you cite anything other than your opinion or feelings.

Yes, there was the horrible work of psychologist of Dr. John Money and the terrible experiment he did with Reimer brothers.

Then one may recall that Sweden took up the cause and initially thought it was a "thing" too. Right up until their research on transition "regret" caused them to determine "the risks outweigh the benefits."

Do you pick and choose when you think there is an issue of ethics in making profit

No, I am pretty damn clear on my position. Have been all along. There very well may be a tiny fraction of any population who, for whatever reason, may feel uncomfortable with their sexuality. Then there are the even rarer "mutations" due to chromosomal abnormalities that might create physical "intersex" characteristics.

In the latter case, I have no issues with such treatments/surgeries. The same would hold true of any human mutations, like kids born with multiple arms and legs, or certain human "twinning's" where a surgical separation may be the best treatment.

But in the great main of humanity, the likelihood of trans being a valid diagnosis is highly unlikely.

However, there is great profit in those businesses who sell pharmaceutical products, who counsel and treat mental health, and hospitals who seek to become surgical centers for such operations. IMO the tenet "First do no harm," is lacking in the goals of such business entities.

I still have no issues with ADULTS doing whatever they want to themselves. But CHILDREN need to be protected.

Now this has been a major deviation from the OP article, and I refuse to go off on this tangent.

Stick to the topic of the OP. That is all I will respond to in future

Another day, another bit of anti-trans propaganda.
Seriously, do people get paid to push this BS, wtf?

Edit: To clarify, the anti-trans BS.

If you think that there are not any doctors or shrinks that don't over prescribe, or push certain drugs whether needed or not for their own profit, then you are just naive in your thinking.
There is no requirement to take any medication. The pharmacist would see this and question the Drs. The conspiracy thinking among conservatives is amazing.

Back
Top Bottom