• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Girl Too Young For Tattoo Offered Irreversible Gender Surgery.

Should Minors have a right to decide unilaterally to have Gender Reassignment Surgery?

• Total voters

Captain Adverse

Classical Liberal Sage
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Other
This is a Babylon Bee video making a political point through "humor" about Gender reassignment surgery.

I posted a poll question based on this humorous but informative video on gender reassignment surgery.

The choices are Agree, Disagree, and Other.

For those who typically ignore videos and/or the substance of posts in favor of "voting" based on confirmation bias, the poll still applies.

However, the thread question does expect a reply as to why you voted as you did, whether viewing the video or not.

Note: An argument based on "my body, my choice" may fit for abortion, but is insufficient when it comes to "body mutilation" for minors.

This is a Babylon Bee video making a political point through "humor" about Gender reassignment surgery.

I posted a poll question based on this humorous but informative video on gender reassignment surgery.

The choices are Agree, Disagree, and Other.

For those who typically ignore videos and/or the substance of posts in favor of "voting" based on confirmation bias, the poll still applies.

However, the thread question does expect a reply as to why you voted as you did, whether viewing the video or not.

Note: An argument based on "my body, my choice" may fit for abortion, but is insufficient when it comes to "body mutilation" for minors.

I voted NO because the nature of the surgery is a permanent solution for what is often a temporary state of confusion. Kids are too young to unilaterally be making their own decisions about gender reassignment surgery.

A minor should never be allowed to have purely elective surgery.

Medical professionals should never be allowed, by law, to perform purely elective surgery on minors.

I reserve the right to make exceptions for things like cleft palates, and some other quality of life improving procedures for birth defects and/or injuries.

Another day, another bit of anti-trans propaganda.

Another day, another response based on confirmation bias. :rolleyes:

This has nothing to do with ADULTS making such choices. As far as I am concerned, an adult can do whatever they want, as they take full responsibility.

As the video points out, that does not apply to minors.

Makes one wonder why some people bother to respond at all. :coffee:

Another day, another response based on confirmation bias. :rolleyes:

Makes one wonder why some people bother to respond at all. :coffee:
I point out anti-trans ragebait. Have you turned off the faux yet? I still recommend that. Give yourself three years of it, then go back and look at what you were consuming. When I listened to Limbaugh again for a minute after the 2012 election, I was like, "Why in the **** did I listen to this person?"

I point out anti-trans ragebait. Have you turned off the faux yet? I still recommend that. Give yourself three years of it, then go back and look at what you were consuming. When I listened to Limbaugh again for a minute after the 2012 election, I was like, "Why in the **** did I listen to this person?"

Red herring, non sequitur, and ad hominin all rolled into one. A trifecta of unsound and invalid responses that show you really have no logically valid response.

Typical. :coffee:

so true

The patient doesn't make the treatment decisions by themselves but conservatives who never let facts get in the way of their transphobia. They also dont seem to understand that the treatment part is multiyear with multiples Drs and psychologists involved.

A minor should never be allowed to have purely elective surgery.

Medical professionals should never be allowed, by law, to perform purely elective surgery on minors.

I reserve the right to make exceptions for things like cleft palates, and some other quality of life improving procedures for birth defects and/or injuries.
This is not elective cosmetic surgery.

Minors have not reached the level of maturity to make such a irreversible, life altering decision for themselves all by themselves without their parents or legal guardians involved.

MINORS shouldn't be having transgender life altering surgeries or abortions either without parental consent.

Minors have not reached the level of maturity to make such a irreversible, life altering decision for themselves all by themselves without their parents or legal guardians involved.

I might add that what news source their parent(s) may watch has no bearing on their child's lack of maturity to be making life-changing surgical decisions on their own. These are life changing decisions that must be made between the minor child and their custodial guardians/parents/and the minor child's pediatrician only.

I might add that what news source their parent(s) may watch has no bearing on their child's lack of maturity to be making life-changing surgical decisions on their own. These are life changing decisions that must be made between the minor child and their custodial guardians/parents/and the minor child's pediatrician only.
You are forgetting the psychologists or psychiatrist that are the major voice in the decision if there are surgeries before the age of 18, but you would never allow facts to get the the way of our outrage, would you?

BTW. Its not a child but instead they are transgender teens. Your use of the word child is a strawman to create emotional outrage.

You are forgetting the psychologists or psychiatrist that are the major voice in the decision if there are surgeries before the age of 18, but you would never allow facts to get the the way of our outrage, would you?

BTW. Its not a child but instead they are transgender teens. Your use of the word child is a strawman to create emotional outrage.

You be sure and enjoy the rest of your Sunday.
Your personal attacks are not welcome here.

Buh-bye.

How many kids can afford gender surgery?

Are teens considered as minors by the law? I believe that'd be a yes.

Other. Depends on a couple of factors for me. Length of preceding gender affirming treatment, level of dysphoria, how that dysphoria is affecting their overall mental health

Other. Depends on a couple of factors for me. Length of preceding gender affirming treatment, level of dysphoria, how that dysphoria is affecting their overall mental health
Finally someone who who has some understanding of the diagnosis and treatment process.

You be sure and enjoy the rest of your Sunday.
Your personal attacks are not welcome here.

Buh-bye.
There have been no personal attacks, Trix'.

Are teens considered as minors by the law? I believe that'd be a yes.
Yes, they are. Why do you ask?

Finally someone who who has some understanding of the diagnosis and treatment process.
i swear the anti-trans stuff is one of the most blatant astroturfing campaigns in years. it also seems like it has some of the most uniquely messed up language surrounding it, especially on the part of right-wingers. advocating for mental health and autonomy is equated to grooming and sexualizing children

Back
Top Bottom