• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Ginni and Clarence Thomas Have Done Enough Damage

Loulit01

What We've Got Here is a Failure to Communicate
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Other
As The Washington Post and CBS News first reported, Ms. Thomas, a supremely well-connected right-wing agitator, was in constant communication with the White House in the weeks following the election, strategizing over how to keep Donald Trump in office despite his incontrovertible loss. “Do not concede,” she texted to Mark Meadows, Mr. Trump’s chief of staff, on Nov. 6, the day before the major news networks called the election for Joe Biden. “It takes time for the army who is gathering for his back.” (To date, Mr. Trump has not conceded.)

In dozens of messages with Mr. Meadows over several weeks, Ms. Thomas raged over baseless allegations of voter fraud and shared unhinged conspiracy theories, including one that the “Biden crime family” was in the process of being arrested and sent to Guantánamo Bay for “ballot fraud.”

“Help This Great President stand firm, Mark!!!” Ms. Thomas wrote at one point. “The majority knows Biden and the Left is attempting the greatest Heist of our History.”

She's too stupid to shut up and he's to egomaniacal to recuse himself.

Typical WaPo and CBS liberals saying give the black Supreme Court justice enough rope and he'll hang himself. Disgusting!

This is the TDSers newest faux outrage. Keep the eye on the "Trumpist cult" and off of Joe Biden's lousy approval rating as we head toward the midterms.

I cannot believe that anyone, even on the right, could think that Thomas should not recuse himself from any further Trump/election related cases. However they will, guarantee they will. If the spouse of a liberal judge expressed such incredible thoughts their heads would positively explode. This is definitely a step too far.....but they won't see it. They have lost all perspective and given in to tribalism.

This is the TDSers newest faux outrage. Keep the eye on the "Trumpist cult" and off of Joe Biden's lousy approval rating as we head toward the midterms.
Well that sure was easier than weighing in on the appropriatness of Thomas ruling on Trump election related matters.

Saw some TV coverage of Joe over in Europe in talks with European leaders. He looked very lifelike I must say. I was a little taken aback actually.

I cannot believe that anyone, even on the right, could think that Thomas should not recuse himself from any further Trump/election related cases. However they will, guarantee they will. If the spouse of a liberal judge expressed such incredible thoughts their heads would positively explode. This is definitely a step too far.....but they won't see it. They have lost all perspective and given in to tribalism.
Callen, in this particular passage of the O/P opinion piece, even the author of said piece gives Justice Thomas the benefit of the doubt.

Wegman wrote:
"Now recall that in January, the Supreme Court rejected Mr. Trump’s request to block the release of White House records relating to the Jan. 6 Capitol attack. Mr. Meadows had submitted a brief in the case supporting Mr. Trump. The court’s ruling came as an unsigned order, with only one noted dissent: from Justice Thomas."

"Perhaps Justice Thomas was not aware of his wife’s text-message campaign to Mr. Meadows at the time. But it sure makes you wonder, doesn’t it?"

Saw some TV coverage of Joe over in Europe in talks with European leaders. He looked very lifelike I must say. I was a little taken aback actually.

I especially liked the part where he recited the Declaration of Independence and snickered while saying it's corny but true. He was in rare form today rambling on while joking with the troops that when they get over to Ukraine, yadda, yadda, yadda. Wait. Did bright bulb make another gaffe, and let it out of the bag that we are sending troops to Ukraine? :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Maybe Biden should resign because of Hunter's doings? You do realize that justice shouldn't work by emotional appeals. You have to have proof that Thomas is complicit with his wife's emailing to Meadows....

As The Washington Post and CBS News first reported, Ms. Thomas, a supremely well-connected right-wing agitator, was in constant communication with the White House in the weeks following the election, strategizing over how to keep Donald Trump in office despite his incontrovertible loss. “Do not concede,” she texted to Mark Meadows, Mr. Trump’s chief of staff, on Nov. 6, the day before the major news networks called the election for Joe Biden. “It takes time for the army who is gathering for his back.” (To date, Mr. Trump has not conceded.)

In dozens of messages with Mr. Meadows over several weeks, Ms. Thomas raged over baseless allegations of voter fraud and shared unhinged conspiracy theories, including one that the “Biden crime family” was in the process of being arrested and sent to Guantánamo Bay for “ballot fraud.”

“Help This Great President stand firm, Mark!!!” Ms. Thomas wrote at one point. “The majority knows Biden and the Left is attempting the greatest Heist of our History.”

He must step down. He is hopelessly compromised. You'd have to be blind not to see it.

The left has zero perspective when it has anything to do with Trump.

Look at stuff Ginsberg said as a Justice....

Just more outrage and howling at the moon.

Never going to happen... He is out of the hospital and will be back to work soon.
He is the final straw. The supreme court has no credibility left. Chief Justice Roberts must insist he step down for the good of the nation.

She didn't 'strategize,' she just puked up a lot of crazy Q nonsense. A cheerleader, not a quarterback. She's harmless on her own, but as a SC Justice's wife, she does create a conflict of interest in the election/Jan 6 cases.

She didn't 'strategize,' she just puked up a lot of crazy Q nonsense. A cheerleader, not a quarterback. She's harmless on her own, but as a SC Justice's wife, she does create a conflict of interest in the election/Jan 6 cases.

She pressured legislators.

I cannot believe that anyone, even on the right, could think that Thomas should not recuse himself from any further Trump/election related cases.
The Republican Party will go much, much lower.

The Republican base demands it.

i'm not sure that any of us know what kind of influence she has on her husband and how he rules on stuff.

i'm not sure that any of us know what kind of influence she has on her husband and how he rules on stuff.
I don't think that's something any of us can control or should try to.

I don't think that's something any of us can control or should try to.
agree

but if there is a total Q nutjob married to a SCJ and he/she is influencing that SCJ on his rulings that is horrible news for the US.

Typical WaPo and CBS liberals saying give the black Supreme Court justice enough rope and he'll hang himself. Disgusting!

Whaaaat?! How the hell did you come up with that perverse idea?!

Maybe Biden should resign because of Hunter's doing? You do realize that justice shouldn't work by emotional appeals. You have to have proof that Thomas is complicit with his wife's emailing to Meadows...
I said he should recuse himself from those cases involving Trump and/or the elections. You don't heed to prove a damn thing to have a judge recuse themselves on matters that may be perceived as compromising. I said nothing about him resigning or being impeached. A judge must not only be impartial but must be viewed as impartial. If you have a different standard of why judges should recuse themselves then that is your right.

He is the final straw. The supreme court has no credibility left. Chief Justice Roberts must insist he step down for the good of the nation.
Translation: We Liberals want Thomas gone so we can stack the court with an Activist Judge.

Back
Top Bottom