• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Georgia prosecutor reveals timeline for Trump criminal investigation

As per standard operating procedure the Democrats will somehow screw the pooch, in Atlanta, in DC and in New York.

It is palpable, there is little momentum. Democrats are not breathing fire. The nation doesn’t feel much urgency as a result.

That would be Double Jeopardy.
Not necessarily. If declared a mistrial from a hung jury, it can be re-tried in most circumstances.

At least we have one DA walking the walk for justice. June 1, 2022!! 🍿 (y) 🍿

Fulton County's district attorney said she expects witness testimonies to begin June 1 in a criminal investigation into whether former President Donald Trump tried to overturn the 2020 election results illegally in Georgia.

Selection for a special purpose grand jury will begin May 2, but witness testimonies won't start until after the Georgia primaries on May 24, District Attorney Fani Willis told the Atlanta Journal-Constitution.

"I don’t want anyone to say, ‘Oh, she’s doing this because she wants to influence the outcome of this upcoming election,'" Willis said in an interview Monday. "The people will decide the outcome of this upcoming election. It will have nothing to do with this district attorney’s office.”
Yeah but what if Trump's information was right and there was a coup (The US Voters votes where changed) then he would be "CORRECTING" the
Election not "overturning it" !....

We have that video of DEM work scanning hidden Ballots up to 3 times each (Estimated at >12K votes). We have the new (but old) evidence of
People ballot harvesting .....

So the ONLY Way to confirm who is telling the Truth and who is lying would be to re count the ballots and verify the signatures (which
went from 20 points of Verification down to 0 points).

Also, for those who can't put 2 & 2 together.......
Remember, Trump called the GA Sec of State, told him to find 11,780 votes, and STILL TRIED TO GO TO COURT IN GA !!!!....
Seems as if Trump really wanted the Courts to get involved with this matter back then !......????? ..... ????.. But the GA Sec of State did nothing but
leak the "Partial Audio" to the Media!!!!????? and "NOW they want to do something ???.....

The only thing that I can see as a reason for then now wanting to do something is because that documentary 2000 Mules is coming out in early May,
so they will need to manufacture something to avoid dealing with theat information that's coming out.

Yeah but what if Trump's information was right and there was a coup (The US Voters votes where changed) then he would be "CORRECTING" the
If a coup against DJT was committed, it will eventually come out. Until then, there wasn't. It's like how it was found that Russia played a role with DJT winning in 2016. Even with what's been said/shown, DJT remained in office during his first term. What's discovered after the fact usually makes it into history books. As far as the 1/6 coup attempt, there's an ongoing investigation into it. As you know, it's doubtful that DJT will face criminal charges or see the inside of a jail because of that Capitol assault on 1/6/21. Maybe the truth will be entered into history books about it though. Currently, There's also the Fulton Co, Ga case about the be brought against DJT. It will soon be decided if it will go forward and possibly tried. Again, odds has it that DJT will acquitted. Possibly not. But regardless, this one will be for the history books too. Even if he were found guilty and jailed, the bastard could still run for president again. That's how politics work in America. But when it comes to coups, be sure to understand which coup was the real deal coup attempt and that's the assault on our Capitol 1/6/21.

Last edited:

We have that video of DEM work scanning hidden Ballots up to 3 times each (Estimated at >12K votes). We have the new (but old) evidence of

So the ONLY Way to confirm who is telling the Truth and who is lying would be to re count the ballots and verify the signatures (which

Remember, Trump called the GA Sec of State, told him to find 11,780 votes, and STILL TRIED TO GO TO COURT IN GA !!!!....
Seems as if Trump really wanted the Courts to get involved with this matter back then !......????? ..... ????.. But the GA Sec of State did nothing but
leak the "Partial Audio" to the Media!!!!????? and "NOW they want to do something ???.....

The only thing that I can see as a reason for then now wanting to do something is because that documentary 2000 Mules is coming out in early May,
so they will need to manufacture something to avoid dealing with theat information that's coming out.
It doesn't matter. It is not his call. A candidate for President does not get to determine whether the voting process is acceptable to him/her.

What if OJ really did kill Nicole and you carried out the execution in the parking lot, correcting the jury and carrying out justice?

Couple of points...

1) The 'call' was an attorney facilitated settlement conference, stemming from the lawsuit. Both Trump and the SOS were on the call.... with their lawyers... the goal being to come to an agreement. It's not that Trump had a call, then sued. It was all a part of the same conversation.

2) I believe that the signature is on the envelope. Once the ballot is separated from the envelope, there's no way to connect the two. They absolutely should do an audit of the process, not to 'change the result' but to determine how well it was followed, and where the holes are. I'm sure they'll find a lot of signature issues.

3) The whole mess in GA could have been avoided IF election officials had followed the law with regards to observers, and allowed them to 'meaningfully observe' the process. (Not to mention not lying to them about the counting being over for the day). IMHO ballot counting should be like vegas - on a table in clear view, with the 'dealer' placing the cards so they can be seen. That way, there is no question later.

Why do the same thing twice and at the same time?
The two are NOT doing the same thing. The DOJ conducts criminal investigations. It's not the job of congress, and they aren't equipped for it. What they are doing now is political theater.

It doesn't matter. It is not his call. A candidate for President does not get to determine whether the voting process is acceptable to him/her.

What if OJ really did kill Nicole and you carried out the execution in the parking lot, correcting the jury and carrying out justice?
The issue isn't whether the voting process is 'acceptable' to a candidate, but whether it follows the rules set in advance by the legislature. They didn't, which is why people are upset, and why Trump is able to make the allegation that it was 'stolen'. Follow the process, and there would be no room for him to dispute the results.

I sure hope Merrick Garland is seeing this and perhaps a little embarrassed by it. But the reality is, it should have never taken this long for The Fulton County DA to get going with this.

What in the hell is going on with these people? What are they so afraid of?
What they are afraid of is being dumped into the same pile of excrement as the rest of you liberals who have been trying to make the case (and failing) against Trump since his first nomination. The Russia hoax comes to mind as well as the rest of them...

Look Trump, was a New Yawk shit. He got elected over a worse New Yawk shit. He did a lot of things that long term will save the Republic from liberal shits, so yes I'm happy he was in and is now out. I'm not happy that the guy the liberal shits put in is unable to do anything to save or even maintain the status quo of the Republic because, well, he is senile and liberal shits are pulling his strings.

Not necessarily. If declared a mistrial from a hung jury, it can be re-tried in most circumstances.

Alright, that's fair.

The issue isn't whether the voting process is 'acceptable' to a candidate, but whether it follows the rules set in advance by the legislature. They didn't, which is why people are upset, and why Trump is able to make the allegation that it was 'stolen'. Follow the process, and there would be no room for him to dispute the results.
It still does not matter. The POTUS is a party to the election process, he has no authority over it.

The presidential election is conducted by 51 independent voting authorities. They each have their own processes and sole authority to determine if the processes were followed sufficiently. Their 51 certifications of results are a testament to their satisfaction that the processes were substantially followed. The POTUS is free to not like the way it was conducted, but in the end it is tough sh... If he doesn't like the outcome, he is free to sue and exhaust whatever legal remedies available to him, as he did. Once those were exhausted, however, anything action he takes beyond that is an abuse of power ( such as calling the Secretary of State of Georgia and demanding he find more votes for him).

The problem, in this case, is that he merely would not accept the outcome. In this instance, suggesting there was a nobler cause at play, such as the states didn't follow their rules, is idiotic. In certifying the results, the states have attested to the fact the the election was done in accordance with their rules. Again, the participants in the election had certain legal recourse, which one side exhausted.

Sorry that you man-child of a president threw a major league temper tantrum that fundamentally was an assault on a American democracy in its own right. How dare he undermine people's confidence in our elections. How dare he!

At the end of the day, however, that is all this is, a huge temper tantrum by a man that once graced the office of President, and left that office disgraced. America is much weaker today because of his antics.

Last edited:
The two are NOT doing the same thing. The DOJ conducts criminal investigations. It's not the job of congress, and they aren't equipped for it. What they are doing now is political theater.
Just saying there is much overlap and much of the info gathered and the interviews of 1/6 commission should be useful for DOJ.

Just saying there is much overlap and much of the info gathered and the interviews of 1/6 commission should be useful for DOJ.
lol. I expect that very little of it is useful for the DOJ. In fact much of what the 1/6 commission is investigating has nothing to do with the incident on 1/6.

Couple of points...

1) The 'call' was an attorney facilitated settlement conference, stemming from the lawsuit. Both Trump and the SOS were on the call.... with their lawyers... the goal being to come to an agreement. It's not that Trump had a call, then sued. It was all a part of the same conversation.

2) I believe that the signature is on the envelope. Once the ballot is separated from the envelope, there's no way to connect the two. They absolutely should do an audit of the process, not to 'change the result' but to determine how well it was followed, and where the holes are. I'm sure they'll find a lot of signature issues.

3) The whole mess in GA could have been avoided IF election officials had followed the law with regards to observers, and allowed them to 'meaningfully observe' the process. (Not to mention not lying to them about the counting being over for the day). IMHO ballot counting should be like vegas - on a table in clear view, with the 'dealer' placing the cards so they can be seen. That way, there is no question later.
I agree with this.
I was pointing out that Trump called and said what he did. If Trump is lying about the evidence of Fraud then this would be treason!
But the Left did not take Trump to court, and Trump tried to go to court! So one should reason Trump wants justice and the Left want to
hide the truth!....

FYI: The GA lawyers/People NEVER got with Trumps Accountant to resolve the issues they said they would !....

This gets rolling tomorrow.
Though there has been little indication that Trump will pay for his deeds in other investigations, this is the one where there is the most proof of his actions. Somehow, I still see him sliding.

At least we have one DA walking the walk for justice. June 1, 2022!! 🍿 (y) 🍿

Fulton County's district attorney said she expects witness testimonies to begin June 1 in a criminal investigation into whether former President Donald Trump tried to overturn the 2020 election results illegally in Georgia.

Selection for a special purpose grand jury will begin May 2, but witness testimonies won't start until after the Georgia primaries on May 24, District Attorney Fani Willis told the Atlanta Journal-Constitution.

"I don’t want anyone to say, ‘Oh, she’s doing this because she wants to influence the outcome of this upcoming election,'" Willis said in an interview Monday. "The people will decide the outcome of this upcoming election. It will have nothing to do with this district attorney’s office.”
At this point I think most of the country has settled in for the fact that Trump isn't going to prison. I'm pretty sure there's an unwritten rule that Presidents don't get impeached and they sure as hell don't get indicted (let alone go to prison) after they leave office.

At this point I think most of the country has settled in for the fact that Trump isn't going to prison. I'm pretty sure there's an unwritten rule that Presidents don't get impeached and they sure as hell don't get indicted (let alone go to prison) after they leave office.
As much as what you stated is unfortunately true and as much as I believe in our need for justice, collectively, this case must move forward as far as it can in order to hold our beliefs that no one is above the law. Unfortunately, this too will once again be more than likely proven a fallacy. I'll be as proud of Prosecutor Willis as if she won this case. She didn't back down from all of the odds and pressures against her and her team. At least not yet. I suspect that you'll feel the same way.

As much as what you stated is unfortunately true and as much as I believe in our need for justice, collectively, this case must move forward as far as it can in order to hold our beliefs that no one is above the law. Unfortunately, this too will once again be more than likely proven a fallacy. I'll be as proud of Prosecutor Willis as if she won this case. She didn't back down from all of the odds and pressures against her and her team. At least not yet. I suspect that you'll feel the same way.
I agree that they should move forward with this, but I’m much more cynical than I was six years ago. I no longer believe our system is able to hold rich and powerful people accountable, and I now believe that Presidents, current and former, are above the law.

If you want to know Russian citizens can be so cynical and de-politicized, look no further than trump skating on every crime he commits. If our political and justice system weren’t dysfunctional, he would be indicted for multiple crimes by now.

Therefore, they are above the law. I knew the no-one-is-above-the-law spiel for the elite was bs.

Therefore, they are above the law. I knew the no-one-is-above-the-law spiel for the elite was bs.
The Mueller decision literally codified that Presidents are above the law. He treated the DOJ tradition against indicting sitting Presidents like it was written into our Constitution, so much so that he wasn’t even allowed to say Trump committed crimes. If that isn’t “above the law,” then nothing is.

The Mueller decision literally codified that Presidents are above the law. He treated the DOJ tradition against indicting sitting Presidents like it was written into our Constitution, so much so that he wasn’t even allowed to say Trump committed crimes. If that isn’t “above the law,” then nothing is.
Yes, this wasn't a sudden revelation for me. I see the Mueller investigation as an embarrassment and colossal waste of time and money along the lines of allowing the massive theft of Covid relief funds. The U.S. government is inept and ultimately, though they put on a good show for the rubes, they protect each other and their positions above all else, because the last thing they want to do is set a threatening precedent. Disgusting.

Yes, this wasn't a sudden revelation for me. I see the Mueller investigation as an embarrassment and colossal waste of time and money along the lines of allowing the massive theft of Covid relief funds. The U.S. government is inept and ultimately, though they put on a good show for the rubes, they protect each other and their positions above all else, because the last thing they want to do is set a threatening precedent. Disgusting.
Well, unfortunately, Mueller's decision was a precedent. That the DOJ opinion of not indicting a sitting President was an untested legal theory. Then it became tested, and it passed into the halls of precedent. And a precedent of a head of state being above the law is far more dangerous than any alternative scenario they may have been afraid of.

Back
Top Bottom