• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Georgia gun range owner, wife, and son killed and 40 guns stolen in robbery gone bad!!!!

This wasn't what most would call a "mass shooting" in the sense that it wasnt a crazy person indiscriminately trying to kill random people in a place where lots of people gather, ie; shopping area, church, dance club.... This was a planned ROBBERY with some extra murder thrown in to either leave no witnesses, or the victims had to be killed first so they couldn't shoot back since they were more than likely armed. So yes, what we normally call mass shooters usually never go mass shooting at places where they know people are armed. When is the last time a police station got shot up?
'Boogaloo Bois' member charged in connection to shooting at Minneapolis police station

Federal agents say they have seen tape that allegedly shows Hunter firing "13 rounds from an AK-47 style semiautomatic rifle into the Minneapolis Police Department’s Third Precinct building" on the night of May 28, according to a statement by federal prosecutors.

Didn't say that.
You said in no uncertain terms that guns were the motivating factor for the crime. So the criminals were motivated to commit this crime because of the chance to procure guns right? That may be true but it is still not the gun's fault or the fault of the gun range owners. Some will blame both just watch.....

'Boogaloo Bois' member charged in connection to shooting at Minneapolis police station

Federal agents say they have seen tape that allegedly shows Hunter firing "13 rounds from an AK-47 style semiautomatic rifle into the Minneapolis Police Department’s Third Precinct building" on the night of May 28, according to a statement by federal prosecutors.
Ok.... thats one shooting in an already compromised police station DURING A RIOT. Got another one where some RANDOM CRAZY attacked a police station in the middle of a non-riot day when it was full of cops and other workers?

On a more serious and less jaundiced note, it's a sad story and the rise in violent crime is getting very real.
I suspect the perp or perps knew the couple that owned the shop were very old and may have been surprised the grandson was present. I think the victims must have been surprised because most of the range owners I know and guys who own gun shots are armed all the time. A range is a bit different because people show up with a weapon to fire so owners are used to seeing guns come in. Most all I know of require that the guns are in a case before they can bring them in. However, once you are inside the range, no telling what damage might get done by a person who intends bad things to happen.
Hope they catch these killers soon.

You said in no uncertain terms that guns were the motivating factor for the crime. So the criminals were motivated to commit this crime because of the chance to procure guns right? That may be true but it is still not the gun's fault or the fault of the gun range owners. Some will blame both just watch.....
It's the fault of the guy who committed the crime.

I suspect the perp or perps knew the couple that owned the shop were very old and may have been surprised the grandson was present. I think the victims must have been surprised because most of the range owners I know and guys who own gun shots are armed all the time. A range is a bit different because people show up with a weapon to fire so owners are used to seeing guns come in. Most all I know of require that the guns are in a case before they can bring them in. However, once you are inside the range, no telling what damage might get done by a person who intends bad things to happen.
A horrible and tragic story.

So these good guys had over forty guns, but that didn't stop them being shot? Not very safe having guns, is it?

Yeah, been a long ****in time since i've been on a range - too long. Reminds me I need to honor those who actually do the work of keeping this kind of operation open. I haven't owned a gun in years. Haven't shot one in years. But thinking about it more given all the insanity that's going on.

So these good guys had over forty guns, but that didn't stop them being shot? Not very safe having guns, is it?

Makes you wonder why police, soldiers, and bodyguards even have them.

I knew a guy who had a fire extinguisher and still suffered a substantial loss in a fire.

None of that stuff is of any use.

It didn't exactly happen during business hours at the range in question. I wonder why that is?
This reporting describes the time of the shooting as 5:30 PM, the victims were discovered and reported near 8:00 PM by the county coroner
who happens to be the son of the 75 year old victim and his wife. It does not say if the 17 year old grandson also murdered was
the son of the coroner.

"..Grantville police were called to the Lock, Stock and Barrel Shooting Range on Bohannon Road after 8 p.m., authorities confirmed on Facebook.
Richard Hawk is the Coweta County coroner, AJC.com said.
According to police, about 40 firearms were taken from the range. A DVR security system was also stolen, police said. Authorities believe the robbery and shooting happened around 5:30 p.m..."

What are the "rulz"? Is "crime in the area" only assigned to "democrat" cities, but when it happens in Coweta County
where this shooting incident took place,

Link to cached page of this November 16, 2016 article,
https://times-herald.com/news/2016/11/trump-ahead-in-coweta-top-spot-a-seesaw
"Trump claimed 70 percent of the local vote at 9:30 pm," guess who is still accused of being responsible?

Last edited:
"Hearts and minds" extend deepest concern for this man and his family," per the usual script that only in America, is the only generally agreed upon reaction to the "longish" list of similar incidents.

"A county coroner in Georgia discovered the bodies of his parents and his son, who were killed Friday in an apparent robbery at the Lock Stock & Barrel Shooting Range in Grantville, police say..."

States of Incarceration: The Global Context 2021 - Prison ...​

https://www.prisonpolicy.org › global

Not only does the U.S. have the highest incarceration rate in the world; every single U.S. state incarcerates more people per capita than virtually any ...

Last edited:

You're pathetic.
"More cops," Rucker61 ? LOL, won't that result in even more incarcerations?

The state of Georgia had the 4th highest incarceration rate in the U.S. in 2021, nearly one percent of its population!

968 per 100,000 population

In Massachusetts, 275 per 100,000, in New Jersey, 341, in New York, 376, in Connecticut, 394.

What do those four states do that Georgia does not do? Hint: the answer is not, "hire more cops".

Last edited:
This wasn't what most would call a "mass shooting" in the sense that it wasnt a crazy person indiscriminately trying to kill random people in a place where lots of people gather, ie; shopping area, church, dance club.... This was a planned ROBBERY with some extra murder thrown in to either leave no witnesses, or the victims had to be killed first so they couldn't shoot back since they were more than likely armed. So yes, what we normally call mass shooters usually never go mass shooting at places where they know people are armed. When is the last time a police station got shot up?

... Frein is accused of killing State Police Cpl. Bryon Dickson and wounding Trooper Alex Douglass in an ambush on the Blooming Grove barracks on Sept. 12. Police found a diary entry, his AK-47, two homemade pipe bombs and several campsites, they but [sic] hadn't been able to capture him until Thursday. ...

Armed troopers were no match for the element of surprise (cowardly) employed by the killer...

... Frein is accused of killing State Police Cpl. Bryon Dickson and wounding Trooper Alex Douglass in an ambush on the Blooming Grove barracks on Sept. 12. Police found a diary entry, his AK-47, two homemade pipe bombs and several campsites, they but [sic] hadn't been able to capture him until Thursday. ...

Armed troopers were no match for the element of surprise (cowardly) employed by the killer...

He seems some sort of a "fan boy" re-enactor with acute attention to historical detail.
"..In September 2017, Trooper Bryon Dickson's widow, Tiffany Dickson, filed a lawsuit against Frein's parents alleging they missed warning signs about their son's behavior and that Frein’s father ”psychologically manipulated” him into adopting militantly anti-government and anti-police views.[65] .."

Yeah. Nobody ever has a chance. Guns and fire extinguishers are always useless. Doctors too. I knew a guy who died even though he had several doctors.

Better to just give up and surrender to whatever fate determines for you.

It didn't exactly happen during business hours at the range in question. I wonder why that is?

Less people perhaps ?

It still happened at a range, when staff (and guns) were there.

You would have people unarmed period, and still end up dead.

No, I would allow some firearms, but the type used by those criminals, would be banned

I want to see gun crime reduced to UK or Japanese levels
Don't you ?

Less people perhaps ?

No, I would allow some firearms, but the type used by those criminals, would be banned

Don't you ?

What type did they use?

Can you show where anyone, at any point, has argued that a gun is an absolute guarantee that one won't be victimized?

This reporting describes the time of the shooting as 5:30 PM, the victims were discovered and reported near 8:00 PM by the county coroner
who happens to be the son of the 75 year old victim and his wife. It does not say if the 17 year old grandson also murdered was
the son of the coroner.

"..Grantville police were called to the Lock, Stock and Barrel Shooting Range on Bohannon Road after 8 p.m., authorities confirmed on Facebook.
Richard Hawk is the Coweta County coroner, AJC.com said.
According to police, about 40 firearms were taken from the range. A DVR security system was also stolen, police said. Authorities believe the robbery and shooting happened around 5:30 p.m..."

What are the "rulz"? Is "crime in the area" only assigned to "democrat" cities, but when it happens in Coweta County
where this shooting incident took place,

Link to cached page of this November 16, 2016 article,
https://times-herald.com/news/2016/11/trump-ahead-in-coweta-top-spot-a-seesaw
"Trump claimed 70 percent of the local vote at 9:30 pm," guess who is still accused of being responsible?
Okay the business hours are my bad. Open till 8:00 but TOD around 5:30-6:00pm a lull in people due to dinner time. Maybe no one else since just the 3 bodies. Yeah they had it planned out, but then they could have waited for Sunday(closed) unless they were afraid of alarms and maybe a big ass safe.

Less people perhaps ?
Since they close at 8:00 Sat. yeah likely and just the three dead bodies.
And which at least 3 criminals got the drop on them.

So you would ban only those firearms capable of killing?
Don't you ?
My question is, if you see "gun crime" so appalling why did you come here in the first place? Why not live somewhere where it's safe?

Since they close at 8:00 Sat. yeah likely and just the three dead bodies.

Armed dead bodies...

And which at least 3 criminals got the drop on them.

So much for fighting back huh ?

So you would ban only those firearms capable of killing?

No, because that would be all of them
Typical RW straw-man dishonesty.

My question is, if you see "gun crime" so appalling why did you come here in the first place? Why not live somewhere where it's safe?

The weather.

Less people perhaps ?

What firearms haven't been used by criminals?
Don't you ?
Not if it requires the government to ignore the Constitution, the Bill of Rights or SCOTUS.

I'd rather see all ex-pats sent back to their country of origin so they can feel safe.

What firearms haven't been used by criminals?

The FN SCAR perhaps ?
HK-416 ?
HK-417 ?
FN P-90 ?
SA-80 ?
M-240 ?
AK-12 ?

Not if it requires the government to ignore the Constitution, the Bill of Rights or SCOTUS.

So if lowering US gun related crimes to UK/Japanese levels, means axing certain parts of the Constitution that the UK and Japan don't have,
You prefer the gun crime
Interesting and entire what I expected, you'd rather see the world burn than give up your guns.

I'd rather see all ex-pats sent back to their country of origin so they can feel safe.

Because you accept that people are safer there ?

The FN SCAR perhaps ?
HK-416 ?
HK-417 ?
FN P-90 ?
SA-80 ?
M-240 ?
AK-12 ?
Is this the short list you'd allow the People to keep after your "ban"?
So if lowering US gun related crimes to UK/Japanese levels, means axing certain parts of the Constitution that the UK and Japan don't have,
You prefer the gun crime
Interesting and entire what I expected, you'd rather see the world burn than give up your guns.
It isn't about giving up guns. It's about giving up rights, allowing the government to ignore the Constitution, the Bill of Rights and SCOTUS. You've shown again and again that you just don't ****ing understand the concept. After centuries of peasantry by your ancestors it's not a surprise.
Because you accept that people are safer there ?
We wouldn't miss you.

Back
Top Bottom