• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Georgia gun range owner, wife, and son killed and 40 guns stolen in robbery gone bad!!!!

Yep, Rich

Looks like one of (delusional) gunners' favorite talking points ... "Mass shootings never happen at gun ranges" ... just got blown out of the water.

Like I told one of the gun-huggin' clowns on here months ago ... if somebody really wanted to pop your overfed ass, your little guns are no match for the element of surprise...
It goes both ways if someone wants to pop your underfed anti gun ass, your little mace can or professional begging for your life are no match for the element of surprise.

Yeah, been a long ****in time since i've been on a range - too long. Reminds me I need to honor those who actually do the work of keeping this kind of operation open. I haven't owned a gun in years. Haven't shot one in years. But thinking about it more given all the insanity that's going on.
If you are in Tampa PM me.

Armed dead bodies...

So much for fighting back huh ?

No, because that would be all of them
Typical RW straw-man dishonesty.

The weather.

How do you know they were armed?

Yeah, been a long ****in time since i've been on a range - too long. Reminds me I need to honor those who actually do the work of keeping this kind of operation open. I haven't owned a gun in years. Haven't shot one in years. But thinking about it more given all the insanity that's going on.
Read this - and think about it some more. ;)

loaded-with-lead
"When shooters fire guns with lead-based ammunition, they spread lead vapor and dust, insidious toxins.
Thousands of people, including workers, shooters and their family members, have been contaminated at shooting ranges due to poor ventilation and contact with lead-coated surfaces, a Seattle Times investigation has found.
For the public, shooting firearms is the most common way of getting lead poisoning outside of work, according to national statistics."

"Children who’ve never set foot inside a gun range have been poisoned by lead tracked home by parents and others who worked or shot there. Health officials have documented such “take home” cases from Alaska to New Hampshire."

"Although it’s toxic to everyone, lead poses the greatest risk to unborn babies and children."
“No safe blood-lead level in children has been identified,” according to the CDC. “Even low levels of lead in blood have been shown to affect IQ, ability to pay attention and academic achievement. And effects of lead exposure cannot be corrected.”

And some gun purveyors pretend to care about unborn babies. 😮

loaded-with-lead
"When shooters fire guns with lead-based ammunition, they spread lead vapor and dust, insidious toxins.
Thousands of people, including workers, shooters and their family members, have been contaminated at shooting ranges due to poor ventilation and contact with lead-coated surfaces, a Seattle Times investigation has found.
For the public, shooting firearms is the most common way of getting lead poisoning outside of work, according to national statistics."

"Children who’ve never set foot inside a gun range have been poisoned by lead tracked home by parents and others who worked or shot there. Health officials have documented such “take home” cases from Alaska to New Hampshire."

"Although it’s toxic to everyone, lead poses the greatest risk to unborn babies and children."
“No safe blood-lead level in children has been identified,” according to the CDC. “Even low levels of lead in blood have been shown to affect IQ, ability to pay attention and academic achievement. And effects of lead exposure cannot be corrected.”

From your link: "Yet state and federal regulators are doing little to make certain gun ranges put such protections in place."

Gosh, if only government did its job.

From your link: "Yet state and federal regulators are doing little to make certain gun ranges put such protections in place."

Gosh, if only government did its job.
You absolving the gun range operators of their obligations to provide a safe working environment? Gosh, if only they took their responsibilities seriously then we wouldn't need OSHA inspections, right?

You absolving the gun range operators of their obligations to provide a safe working environment? Gosh, if only they took their responsibilities seriously then we wouldn't need OSHA inspections, right?
Nope, not all all. I understand what it takes to get permission to build a new gun range, and the plans have to include both a protection plan and a remediation plan for the lead exposure. If ranges aren't in compliance, they need to be shut down until they are in compliance.

I'm very careful regarding lead exposure. I wear a mask when firing suppressed firearms. I clean my hands immediately after shooting. I use mask and gloves when cleaning brass. I only hunt with non-lead ammunition.

loaded-with-lead

Is this problem exclusive to ranges?

Is your heartburn with the out of regulation ranges, or the regulators who aren't enforcing their regulations?

Is this the short list you'd allow the People to keep after your "ban"?

You said:
What firearms haven't been used by criminals?

And I just gave you some suggestions
Don't you remember what you asked ?

It isn't about giving up guns.

Absolutely, 100% it is !!!

It's about giving up rights, allowing the government to ignore the Constitution, the Bill of Rights and SCOTUS. You've shown again and again that you just don't ****ing understand the concept. After centuries of peasantry by your ancestors it's not a surprise.

QED, you prove my point
You'd rather keep you right to a gun, that trade US gun related crime levels for those of the UK and Japan.

You don't need to say any more.

I suspect the thieves/murderers knew the place, or had cased it.

It takes some cogliones to knock-over a gun store. But the owners were a couple in their mid seventies, and some with that knowledge saw them as marks.

That reminds me, I stumbled upon some random comedian last night who had one joke where he suggested that only black people be allowed to be police.

As a solution to the police issues, you see.

Gun range getting late maybe the doors not locked up yet and at least 3 guys walk in with range gear just talking away to put the owner at ease and all the sudden they're prisoners with guns aimed at them. Guess what happened when they just let themselves be robbed? Care to guess? They did it your way and got slaughtered like sheep.

The couples' age put them at risk, as well.

I will be posting details of this event as I find them. Just sad that scumbag thugs would do such a horrible thing. Shows the reality of the danger business owners face everyday.

I would be willing to bet that "recidivism" played a role in this tragedy.

Yeah, because many people (particularly conservatives) don't give a shit about addressing crime, the root cause of crime, the rehabiltation, all they care about is "tough on crime" and lock people up. Once they serve their time, they can't get jobs, can't live in many places, gee, why is recitivism if they can't get back into society. And while in prison they are treated like animals and no rehabilitation, can come out worse than they went in.

Root causes of crime people don't want to do anything about, income inequality, poverty, homelessness, mental illness, and drug addiction to name a few

Yeah, because many people (particularly conservatives) don't give a shit about addressing crime, the root cause of crime, the rehabiltation, all they care about is "tough on crime" and lock people up. Once they serve their time, they can't get jobs, can't live in many places, gee, why is recitivism if they can't get back into society. And while in prison they are treated like animals and no rehabilitation, can come out worse than they went in.

Root causes of crime people don't want to do anything about, income inequality, poverty, homelessness, mental illness, and drug addiction to name a few
Wow.

And the only thing you can do is yell, "The guns! The guns!" And it isn't even those guns you're after.

Do the blue states who run state prisons do anything different than what you're describing here?

loaded-with-lead

Lol......so you abortionists think killing them in womb is better?

Every range I have visited in the last 20 plus years including the one I RO'ed at for 7 plus, has instituted lead decontamination protocols including shoe sole sticky pads, excellent ventilation, lead removing hand soaps, and wash stations.

That why you get a hard pull of air flow toward the firing line. No drinks or food allowed on the firing line. They also recommend changing out of and washing contaminated clothing asap.

Many ranges also won't allow open lead ammo. Either range clean lead free ammo or jacketed bullets allowed. Still life comes with risks. If you fear lead then don't go shooting.

If the range doesn't take it seriously then you have a choice. Quit and get another job if you are an employee. Leave and patronize another range that does take it seriously if you are a customer.

Why you liberals refuse to consider personal responsibility is mind blowing.

Personally I have left ranges for safety issues. Customers not handling firearms in a safe manner and little enforcement from the range. I'm happy with shooters world. An RO stands directly behind each shooting bay watching. Excellent ventilation and clean up areas. Still some morons with shitty muzzle awareness from time to time but way better than others. When I see the dangerous behavior I inform the RO and if not quickly addressed I leave. Called personal responsibility!

Nope, not all all. I understand what it takes to get permission to build a new gun range, and the plans have to include both a protection plan and a remediation plan for the lead exposure. If ranges aren't in compliance, they need to be shut down until they are in compliance.

I'm very careful regarding lead exposure. I wear a mask when firing suppressed firearms. I clean my hands immediately after shooting. I use mask and gloves when cleaning brass. I only hunt with non-lead ammunition.
Personal responsibility!!!!!! Liberal don't understand that.

I suspect the thieves/murderers knew the place, or had cased it.

It takes some cogliones to knock-over a gun store. But the owners were a couple in their mid seventies, and some with that knowledge saw them as marks.
Been in the gun business for nearly 4 decades. Own my own shop finally for the last 8 years. I watched as shop after shop got robbed at gun point over the years. Not us! Some say luck. The difference between us and them??????we openly carried firearms at both my old job and my current shop. So we believe that was and is the difference.

Being armed doesn't mean guaranteed victory. Not saying that at all. What it means is if you as a robber don't bring your A game it's gonna cost you dearly. Much safer for the badguys hitting the unarmed shops. And they know it.

Been in the gun business for nearly 4 decades. Own my own shop finally for the last 8 years. I watched as shop after shop got robbed at gun point over the years. Not us! Some say luck. The difference between us and them??????we openly carried firearms at both my old job and my current shop. So we believe that was and is the difference.

Being armed doesn't mean guaranteed victory. Not saying that at all. What it means is if you as a robber don't bring your A game it's gonna cost you dearly. Much safer for the badguys hitting the unarmed shops. And they know it.
Almost everyone is armed at my LGS.

Interesting.

All the shops by me, I mean every one, has their employees open carrying. I figured that was S.O.P. for gunshops.

Now I must admit I'm part of a very large metro area, that has its share of criminal-element. That may figure into it. But yeah, I've never been in a store where the employees weren't strapped.

Exactly. IMHO the best use of a firearm is not in discharging it, but rather it's use as a deterrent. Far better to avoid trouble, than get in it.

But straight-up: If I was dealing with the general public, while sitting on all that quick-turn-for-cash, high-street-value, inventory . . . you bet I'd be armed!

--

BTW - I envy you. Working for yourself, in what I suppose is a business that would be your hobby otherwise. If that's so, it's a win-win; even better if it's turning cash!

The best of luck, to you! (y)

One thing I have learned in my life over the years is that you can't rehabilitate someone who doesn't want to be rehabilitated. I know it makes you feel good to believe you can help. You can't help. You will never force someone to end drug use, no matter what you do, no matter what you try, until they decide they want to quit. Same with the criminal. They must seek change. There are programs in place for this. There are also private, and many religious organizations that specifically work to help ex cons during the transition. So don't sit here as if it isn't already being done. It just doesn't work unless they want to stop.

There is not doubt it is hard for ex cons as it should be. Don't become a criminal and you will avoid this admitted difficultly.

Look at your root causes lol. Poverty........so being poor justifies criminal behavior now? Bull crap the poor criminal simply wants the easy money. No sacrifice working your way up like I did. No suffering through years of schooling. No hard mundane work every day. Much easier and faster to get it the bad way. AND what is your solution? Wealth redistribution?

Homelessness and drug addiction are choices. Bad choices. We make many choices in life. A friend chose to get a girl pregnant in high school. He didn't use protection. While I did. Didnt feel as good for me but I was responsible. He and the girl broke up and he was forced to pay child support. As he should! He got behind very quickly and his drivers license was suspended. Had to work so he drove anyway. Got caught multiple times driving on a suspended license. Finally they hit him with a felony. He couldn't find a good job after that and his life has been crap since. Choices! I didn't go to college despite my family wanting me too and prepared to pay for it. I made horse shit money for a decade or more. I was forced to work 56 hours per week to bring home enough money to keep my family taken care of. My wife made almost as much working 40 hrs because of her bachelor's at the time. My choice forced to wait 15 years longer to open my own business.

Now imagine those who choose to experiment with drugs and become addicted. Life choices.

Only the mentally defective have an excuse that wasn't a choice in life.

And we conservative do give a shit about addressing crime. We push for tougher sentences. We support the help for those who seek it. We even prepare to resist any crime that might affect us or ours. Far more than liberals who simply make excuses and always seek to allow the criminal access to innocent victims.

Back
Top Bottom