• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

George Zimmerman’s wife: 'I have doubts but I also believe the evidence'

Excon

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent

Scott Stump TODAY contributor
In the midst of divorce proceedings against husband George Zimmerman, Shellie Zimmerman said she has doubts about what really happened in the shooting death of Florida teen Trayvon Martin last year, she told Matt Lauer in an exclusive interview.

"I'm conflicted on that,'' Shellie told Lauer on TODAY Thursday. "I believe the evidence, but this revelation in my life has really helped me take the blinders off and start to see things differently."

[...]

On Sept. 9, authorities in Lake Mary, Fla., were summoned to the house the couple once rented from Shellie’s father, after she called 911 to report George was threatening her with a gun, according to police reports, which provide a conflicting picture of the sequence of events. Neither side filed a complaint over the incident, and Shellie said that she now wishes she had pressed charges.

"In hindsight I should've, and I really regret that, but I'm on probation and the officers made it very clear that day if I pressed charges we were all going to go to jail and I would've been the only one to stay there,'' she told Lauer.

[...]

George Zimmerman’s wife: 'I have doubts but I also believe the evidence' - TODAY.com

Poor Shellie. Doing anything she can to stay in the spotlight.

I don't recall her seeking the spotlight during the trial. Might be more like she is done with PMS- Putting up with Men's ****.

I'm thinking whatever deal they made to get through the trial has soured, but like a drug deal gone bad ya can't run to the cops and file a complaint!

Poor media trying so hard to keep a race divide going.....

Scott Stump TODAY contributor
In the midst of divorce proceedings against husband George Zimmerman, Shellie Zimmerman said she has doubts about what really happened in the shooting death of Florida teen Trayvon Martin last year, she told Matt Lauer in an exclusive interview.

"I'm conflicted on that,'' Shellie told Lauer on TODAY Thursday. "I believe the evidence, but this revelation in my life has really helped me take the blinders off and start to see things differently."

[...]

On Sept. 9, authorities in Lake Mary, Fla., were summoned to the house the couple once rented from Shellie’s father, after she called 911 to report George was threatening her with a gun, according to police reports, which provide a conflicting picture of the sequence of events. Neither side filed a complaint over the incident, and Shellie said that she now wishes she had pressed charges.

"In hindsight I should've, and I really regret that, but I'm on probation and the officers made it very clear that day if I pressed charges we were all going to go to jail and I would've been the only one to stay there,'' she told Lauer.

[...]

George Zimmerman’s wife: 'I have doubts but I also believe the evidence' - TODAY.com

Poor Shellie. Doing anything she can to stay in the spotlight.

She's filed for divorce. I won't put much stock in what she says bad about her to-be ex. Most women trash their ex.

Ex-wives are always the first choice whenever the media wants a negative comment about someone. And the Liberal media hates Geo Zimmerman for preserving his own life.

Last edited:
Poor media trying so hard to keep a race divide going.....

How is this keeping the race divide alive? More like showing us how ugly divorce can be...

A CON playing the race card.... imagine that.... :roll:

What importance is the story about Mrs. Zimmermans belief about his shooting to the national consideration of "news?" If its not keeping the racial divide alive what is it? It has zero to do with divorce - the topic was her belief on his statements not their divorce. You probably thought billy jeff clinton's woes were about sex didn't you? Figures.

How is this keeping the race divide alive? More like showing us how ugly divorce can be...

A CON playing the race card.... imagine that.... :roll:

I don't recall her seeking the spotlight during the trial. Might be more like she is done with PMS- Putting up with Men's ****.

I'm thinking whatever deal they made to get through the trial has soured, but like a drug deal gone bad ya can't run to the cops and file a complaint!
:doh
She didn't have to seek the spot light during trial. She was in it. Now it is gone for her unless she creates reason for it to be focused on her again.
It seems it is more like a combo of her taking advantage of the press to be in it, and the press pushing the divide.

And it doesn't sound like your bs of "pms", but more like a woman scorned.

Last edited:
I don't think Shellie is lying about being scared of him during the domestic violence dispute.

And this thread continues to prove why this is the worst subject to ever be debated in the entire history of the site.

I don't think Shellie is lying about being scared of him during the domestic violence dispute.
She lied about seeing a gun. She did so purposely.

And this thread continues to prove why this is the worst subject to ever be debated in the entire history of the site.
:doh

Back
Top Bottom