• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

George Gascon, LA County DA and his woke criminal policies have cut gun toting gang members loose multiple times.

What a surprise, so called "freedom" loving Mericans want to keep people in prison without due process. Who cares if they are innocent or guilty. Of course, when it is the white insurrectionists they get out on bail (one even fled the country) or get minor sentences, and here you are whining that people shoudl be locked up without due process just because they may commit another crime. sorry, we already lock up a disgusting amount of people, and the poor are the ones that can't pay bail and wait years rotting away in prison awaiting their due process. What else would you expect from the American Taliban

But republicans do none of that. Would rather spend money bombing and murdering, and keeping disproportionately poor and minority people at a huge taxpayer expense locked up, with no rehabilitation, and then when they get out strip them of rights and dignity where all they can do is turn back to crime.

I expect I won't get any support from you for my Universal Background Check for guns and motor vehicles proposal. Wouldn't want to inconvenience criminals, eh?

Letting them prey on innocents is no answer!

Maybe the death penalty for habitual violent offenders.

Maybe send them to a Turkish prison upon their second violent offense. Vastly cheaper and way more undesirable.

Maybe back off the Rabid gun banning garbage and encourage good law abiding folks to defend themselves with guns.

Until you developed an effective alternative it's either lock them up or allow them to prey on us.
I don't support the death penalty except in extremely rare and narrow cases but I support honest citizens being able to whack and stack violent criminals trying to harm them

Some of them have been arrested and released multiple times. Something about how it's not their fault. They were disadvantaged youth. Or something.

Man, that guy's got a lot done in a short amount of time!

Assumed office
December 7, 2020

It's almost like you're making this stuff up so you can play the conservative victim role.

Here's how you cite a source (if you ever actually have one):

The relevant information is near the top of the information box on the right side.

Did you know that a lot of people are rotting in jail because they can't make bail and they're not being tried?

Quote:

A CalMatters investigation has revealed that at least 1,300 people have been incarcerated in California's jails longer than three years without being tried or sentenced. Mar 31, 2021

Did you know that a lot of people are rotting in jail because they can't make bail and they're not being tried?

Quote:

A CalMatters investigation has revealed that at least 1,300 people have been incarcerated in California's jails longer than three years without being tried or sentenced. Mar 31, 2021

what happened to the speedy trial requirements? did the defendants waive that

30 posts in and about half of them are conservatives that have posted no evidence to support their vague claims.

Do you think getting 10 years additional time just for being a gang member, at your expense, is a good idea?

By your standards it's not being "woke" to pay an additional $1,061,310 to house a gang member for a decade. Whatever, your money- you can advocate for locking up someone for being a gang member for good if it's worth it to you.

Gang enhancements only accompany violent crime. The same with gun enhancements. Violence begets more violence. It deserves to be treated harshly in the courtroom.

You talk about the cost of housing violent inmates. In your estimation how much is a life worth?

Land of the free. School to prison pipeline just the way you like it, no?
The way I like it? You insane? I would love nothing more than all citizens obey the law. If you habitually break the law particularly with violent crime I don't want you in our civilized society no matter how awful you bleeding heart libs think that is.

If it could be guaranteed that only those of you who are willing to give chance after chance to these thugs would be harmed by the crime they cause, I wouldn't care. Since we can't my main concern is with the innocent citizen.

Ironically, the only reason to have a .38 in the glovebox is because the level of criminal activity is insane due to Gascon's failures.

And when the 1/6ers are on the wrong end of the legal system, y'all want criminal justice reform and you start whining about the DC gulag.

"What's good for me, should be kept from thee."
Mixed up again? It seems so...

Ironically, the only reason to have a .38 in the glovebox is because the level of criminal activity is insane due to Gascon's failures.

Grandpappy's gaslighting failure.

98% of LA prosecutors support recalling Gascon.

Got any credible source for that claim?

Even you might feel better with a .38 when traveling in LA. Think you could outdraw a gang member?

You think you could outdraw a gang member? You think your peashooter is going to do any good? Thanks for inadvertently making two good gun control points.

You think you could outdraw a gang member? You think your peashooter is going to do any good? Thanks for inadvertently making two good gun control points.
You think no chance is better than a chance?

Well, I can actually shoot. Unlike gang members. That sideways aiming stance they do in rap videos is a fail. You hear about these gang shootings where 90 rounds were fired and only ten people are wounded? Ya.
The old .38 Special packs a pretty good punch. Just FYI.

https://www.outkick.com/98-of-los-a...-da/?msclkid=dbef336ac05e11eca9e1d2db59c70c1c

Well, I can actually shoot. Unlike gang members. That sideways aiming stance they do in rap videos is a fail. You hear about these gang shootings where 90 rounds were fired and only ten people are wounded? Ya.
The old .38 Special packs a pretty good punch. Just FYI.

https://www.outkick.com/98-of-los-a...-da/?msclkid=dbef336ac05e11eca9e1d2db59c70c1c

Clay Travis and Buck Sexton sure sound like they're honest. "Your morning zoo and Republican roundup on AM 666."

Clay Travis and Buck Sexton sure sound like they're honest. "Your morning zoo and Republican roundup on AM 666."
Have you been listening to those guys? Better be careful! You might become a White Nationalist!

Have you been listening to those guys? Better be careful! You might become a White Nationalist!

I get most of my political news and analysis from conservative talk radio. If you can't trust someone named Buck Sexton, then who can you trust?

People who want to do something to stop all this horrific crime for future generations should support family planning and abortion.

The fewer unplanned or unwanted children coming into this world will help decrease the number of violent criminals preying on the innocent.
Freakanomics.

Do you think getting 10 years additional time just for being a gang member, at your expense, is a good idea?

By your standards it's not being "woke" to pay an additional $1,061,310 to house a gang member for a decade. Whatever, your money- you can advocate for locking up someone for being a gang member for good if it's worth it to you.

Using that confiscated drug money to good use.

30 posts in and about half of them are conservatives that have posted no evidence to support their vague claims.

Campaign to recall LA County DA George Gascón gains momentum with over 200K signatures​

Organizers of the second effort to recall embattled Los Angeles County DA George Gascón said they have gained momentum after collecting more than 200,000 signatures– with plenty of time to still hit their goal to get on the November ballot.

Meanwhile, the list of supporters who have since rescinded their support for Gascón continues to grow and includes ex-Los Angeles Department Chief Charlie Beck, the LA Police Protective League, the LA County Professional Peace Officers Association and the Association of Deputy District Attorneys.

“Politically, he’s on an island right now,” Lineberger said.

Why two Los Angeles County prosecutors are suing DA Gascón​

LOS ANGELES - Senior Los Angeles Deputy District Attorneys Maria Ramirez and Victor Rodriguez on Wednesday announced a lawsuit against District Attorney George Gascón, alleging they were reassigned because they complained about certain policies.

According to the lawsuit, "Both plaintiffs were subjected to retaliation in the form of removal from their positions as bureau directors and demoted to the positions of head deputy because they disclosed and/or refused to take actions that they reasonably believed were violations of law."
Both Ramirez and Rodriguez have been employed by the District Attorney’s Office for more than 30 years, were in positions of "high authority" with regular access to Gascón, and aspired for promotions to assistant district attorney, the suit alleges.

New DA Gascon to decline prosecution on range of low-level crimes​

LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- The Los Angeles County District Attorney's Office will no longer prosecute a range of misdemeanor crimes, from resisting arrest to drug possession to making criminal threats, according to a memo issued this week by new DA George Gascon.

Gascon announced a sweeping range of reforms when he was sworn-in Monday, including no longer seeking the death penalty and not using gang enhancements for sentencing.

In addition, he has issued a memo to prosecutors in his office seeking to change how they deal with a range of low-level crimes.

The memo spells out misdemeanors which should be declined or dismissed before arraignment, with a number of exceptions at the discretion of the prosecutor. Among them: Trespassing, disturbing the peace, driving with no license or a suspended license, making criminal threats, drug possession, drinking in public, loitering to commit prostitution and resisting arrest, among others.

Back
Top Bottom