• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

George Gascon, LA County DA and his woke criminal policies have cut gun toting gang members loose multiple times.

Gascon announced a sweeping range of reforms when he was sworn-in Monday, including no longer seeking the death penalty and not using gang enhancements for sentencing.

In addition, he has issued a memo to prosecutors in his office seeking to change how they deal with a range of low-level crimes.

The memo spells out misdemeanors which should be declined or dismissed before arraignment, with a number of exceptions at the discretion of the prosecutor. Among them: Trespassing, disturbing the peace, driving with no license or a suspended license, making criminal threats, drug possession, drinking in public, loitering to commit prostitution and resisting arrest, among others.

Oh no, he doesn't want the California government to execute people! I don't know about you, but I don't want any governments killing people.

We could address the "low-level crimes," but let's be honest-- @Grandpappy just wanted to tell everyone how 38 special he is.

Hold On Loosely:

You think you could outdraw a gang member? You think your peashooter is going to do any good? Thanks for inadvertently making two good gun control points.
Yes with out a doubt I believe I can easily out draw a gang member, out shoot a gang member, out tactic a gang member, and out gun a gang member. My carry pea shooter, a glock 26 9mm with g-17 mags, will afford me more than an adequate change of survival. If I was in Florida and able to bring a bigger stick, they better hope they hit AND incapacitate me very quickly. It will not be pretty for them. And if either of my sons were caught in that horrible situation the same would happen only much faster lol.

It's called training. Tactical training. Police and military aren't the only humans capable of training and honing firearm skills. Average Joe's who train often and as realistically as possible and who prepare mentally can be just as effective as a highly trained peace officer. Many are even better than HIGHLY trained police officers. The label of LE or Military or even gang banger doesn't magically transform one into a gun and tactic wiz as you seem to believe.

Some of them have been arrested and released multiple times. Something about how it's not their fault. They were disadvantaged youth. Or something.

Which got me wondering, what if a taxpaying, contributing citizen like myself got pulled over and the cops found a .38 in the glovebox?

Liberty and justice for all?

So we should abolish parole ?

Sometimes the system just sucks, whether you are in a gang or not.

Back
Top Bottom