• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Gang member gets just deserts.

Fledermaus

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Peoples Republic of California AKA Taxifornia
Political Leaning
Libertarian - Right
A gang member with an extensive criminal history was killed in a gun battle with San Bernardino police Wednesday after being suspected of shooting a deputy the day before.

Couldn't have happened to a nicer guy.

From the ABC link....

The suspect has been identified as Ervin Olikong, 34, described as a dangerous gang member with an extensive criminal history, including assault and robbery. In addition to Tuesday's ambush of a deputy, he was wanted on a warrant for assault with a deadly weapon, according to San Bernardino Police Chief Eric McBride.

How unpleasant for him.

A libertarian ironically celebrating government violence.

A gang member with an extensive criminal history was killed in a gun battle with San Bernardino police Wednesday after being suspected of shooting a deputy the day before.

From the ABC link....

The suspect has been identified as Ervin Olikong, 34, described as a dangerous gang member with an extensive criminal history, including assault and robbery. In addition to Tuesday's ambush of a deputy, he was wanted on a warrant for assault with a deadly weapon, according to San Bernardino Police Chief Eric McBride.

What is it about Cali? Man, first it's the serial killer state. Now, it's Gangland.

He earned it.

So being a right-libertarian means government violence depends on the victim. Therefore, your ideology and the contradictions it has are dependent on the behavior of the accused, in this case.

From the ABC link....

They all think they're "hard" until return fire ensues.

1629502672279.png

A libertarian ironically celebrating government violence.

What?? A known gang member with a stated propensity for enjoying police shootouts, and you're decrying "government violence?"
On what planet do you spend the majority of your time?
If you're ambushed by a guy with a semi-auto rifle pumping thirty rounds at you as you come around a blind corner, what would you suggest instead?

Reactions: Bum
So being a right-libertarian means government violence depends on the victim. Therefore, your ideology and the contradictions it has are dependent on the behavior of the accused, in this case.

Dude, it's becoming very clear that you do not live in the real world.

What?? A known gang member with a stated propensity for enjoying police shootouts, and you're decrying "government violence?"
On what planet do you spend the majority of your time?
If you're ambushed by a guy with a semi-auto rifle pumping thirty rounds at you as you come around a blind corner, what would you suggest instead?

I'm discussing the validity of @Fledermaus 's position relative to his stated political lean.

I'm discussing the validity of @Fledermaus 's position relative to his stated political lean.
I don't give a shit.
There's NO OTHER OPTION when a known gang member is opening fire with up to thirty rounds right at your face, or you would have responded with them.
In which parent's basement do you spend the majority of your time?

Dood, I live in the real world.
You clearly do not.
You live in an artificial world where the deputy stops the patrol car and flashes the peace sign, and the gang member and he launch into the theme song for My Little Pony.

I don't give a shit.
There's NO OTHER OPTION when a known gang member is opening fire with up to thirty rounds right at your face, or you would have responded with them.
In which parent's basement do you spend the majority of your time?

I know you don't give a shit. I do give a shit when government and society fails.

Stop with your lame trolling.

You clearly do not.
You live in an artificial world where the deputy stops the patrol car and flashes the peace sign, and the gang member and he launch into the theme song for My Little Pony.

Cool story, brah.

Last edited:
I know you don't give a shit. I do give a shit when government and society fails.

Stop with your lame trolling.

This was a decided win.
The world has one less sociopathic assassin to worry about.

So being a right-libertarian means government violence depends on the victim.

Being right libertarian means understanding this waste of DNA chose his course.

Therefore, your ideology and the contradictions it has are dependent on the behavior of the accused, in this case.

If one shoots at cops expect cops to shoot back.

His choice.

He chose to be a dirt bag. He met Mr. Darwin.

What about my political lean rules out acknowledging that fact.

You don't understand natural selection nor libertarianism.

Also from the "link".

".....The suspect believed to have shot a San Bernardino County sheriff's deputy was killed following a gun battle Wednesday afternoon that left two police officers wounded....."

"Bad guy with a gun shoots three good guys with guns"

Is there a better time to talk about gun control ?

Also from the "link".

".....The suspect believed to have shot a San Bernardino County sheriff's deputy was killed following a gun battle Wednesday afternoon that left two police officers wounded....."

"Bad guy with a gun shoots three good guys with guns"

Is there a better time to talk about gun control ?

I am all for CRIMINAL control.

"an extensive criminal history "

Back
Top Bottom