• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

From transgender to transhuman

Tiny

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Slightly Conservative
I came across an article on Druthers.ca, an independent, people-powered newspaper. This newspaper is based in Canada, however many of its articles have relevancy to the United States.

I will quote an excerpt of the article that I thought was interesting, to see if I can generate a discussion. Basically the author talks about transgender issues. He also mentions transhumanism and how the two are connected in some way.

I have included the link to the original article at the bottom of the post.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
My opinion on transgender issues is very different today than it was around 15 years ago when — as a divorced male living in Toronto — I attended conferences on gender and sexuality issues, researching possible articles and book material on all permutations of John Lennon’s lyric “Whatever gets you through the night is alright.” I was fascinated that some people felt they were trapped in the body of the wrong gender, and modified themselves with everything from makeup and hairstyles to radical sex reassignment surgery (SRS) to make their bodies mirror how they felt inside.

In those days, transgender issues applied to a witheringly small number of people, in the low single digits as a percentage of the population — perhaps at the decimal level. Being trans wasn’t fashionable then and some trans people with whom I spoke believed hormonal fluctuations in their mothers’ wombs had caused them to develop a male brain in a female body and vice versa. (Public discussion often overlooks the many female to male transitions.) It’s possible that endocrine-disrupting chemicals in our water, food and environment are making this rare phenomenon more common.

You can see I’m anything but a bigot against trans people. I’ve always believed such people have the right to live as they please, and that no one should discriminate against them. I have compassion for them.

Fast forward to today, however, and I see transgenderism as co-opted and weaponized. It’s a large-scale social engineering project that’s been decades in the planning, likely stemming back to globalist organizations like the Pilgrim Society, The Roundtable, the Royal Society for International Affairs (RSIA) and so on. Surveys suggest as many as 20 percent or more of young people these days identify as gender fluid. The public school system is actively encouraging very young children to question their gender and promotes that gender is a purely social construct. (I note in passing that gender is viewed as separate from sexual orientation. Being male, female or something in between says nothing about the sex to which you’re attracted. A woman I dated briefly has been married to another woman who became a trans “man” and then lusted after gay males, which is apparently common. Her ex was reportedly thrilled when he was finally able to grow sideburns — an underrated signifier of male identity.)

Being told they can be whatever gender they like has, predictably, led to a generation of confused, angry and depressed young people, many of whom come to regret major decisions like dubious (and often failed) surgery into which they were coached or coerced. I won’t report here all the ways these things can go wrong, what with girls having their forearm muscles excavated for penis-forming material, that can rot and fall away… and things like that. You can research that yourself. All I can say is it’s stunning that jurisdictions like Seattle provide sanctuary to young people seeking government-funded surgery, without their parents’ knowledge or consent.

Being trans is a right, don’t know you? And a parent who interferes with a person’s right to transition may find themselves fined or jailed, for breaking the law. This is clearly a multi-pronged propaganda and social engineering project designed to undermine the family, break down social cohesion and — importantly for the globalist restructuring of society along Great Reset and global governance lines — prepare us for a transhumanist future. In that future, we’ll be expected to accept all kinds of body augmentation, including microchip implants to pay at the till or open doors with a hand wave. More chillingly, most countries have endorsed changes to agreements with the World Health Organization (WHO) to give it sweeping powers in any emergency it might declare — powers that supersede those of our own nations. We may soon be coerced to accept hundreds of mRNA injections under development, and brain implants along the lines of Elon Musk’s Neuralink — merging man and machine in just the way Aldous Huxley warned about, that’s celebrated by World Economic Forum Founder Klaus Schwab and his policy advisor Yuval Noah Harari.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

To see full article: https://druthers.ca/from-transgender-to-transhuman/

If the link doesn't work, just go to Druthers.ca, then go to Read, then go to By subject, and then go to Technocracy. Search for the article titled: From transgender to transhuman

Fast forward to today, however, and I see transgenderism as co-opted and weaponized. It’s a large-scale social engineering project that’s been decades in the planning, likely stemming back to globalist organizations like the Pilgrim Society, The Roundtable, the Royal Society for International Affairs (RSIA) and so on. Surveys suggest as many as 20 percent or more of young people these days identify as gender fluid. The public school system is actively encouraging very young children to question their gender and promotes that gender is a purely social construct. (I note in passing that gender is viewed as separate from sexual orientation. Being male, female or something in between says nothing about the sex to which you’re attracted. A woman I dated briefly has been married to another woman who became a trans “man” and then lusted after gay males, which is apparently common. Her ex was reportedly thrilled when he was finally able to grow sideburns — an underrated signifier of male identity.)

While there are entities which fund social engineering and academic work for radical liberalism, I actually think the main driver for contemporary progressive ideology is liberalism itself - dating all the way back to the founding fathers.

It's important to understand that the ideology put forth by the post enlightenment thinkers contrasted wildly with classical Western thought. It diverged completely from the Platonic ideal of individual freedom which could be achieved through discipline. Instead, freedom can only be achieved via liberation from external constraints. Contemporary liberals AND conservatives both believe this, they just disagree on the details. Conservatives believe in the oppressive and hierarchal nature of the state and liberals believe in socially constructed hierarchies (religion, cultural traditions, ethnic traditions, etc.) are oppressive. Fundamentally though, both modern conservatives AND liberals believe freedom can be achieved through liberation of these external constraints which is at total odds with aforementioned classical thought. This, in part, is why conservatives have been so terrible at negating social revolution.

The liberal ideal of freedom is just the logical conclusion of the ideas the founders put forth. A liberation from the chains of traditional agencies and expectations. The full realization of the individual spirit, unmoored by any authoritative external hierarchies like religion or the state. We are born INTO a state of freedom - it is a "human right", not a privilege earned via discipline and reason. The radical conclusion then (as transhumanism demonstrates) is that human freedom cannot have any external lawgiver and is only limited by the creative instinct of the individual to self-realize.

Nothing about transgenderism is weaponized or malfunctioning. It is the intended function of liberalism. Conservatives inability to see this is why their philosophy is dead end garbage and they routinely fail to provide a convincing argument. If both sides believe individual freedom in the enlightenment sense is the ideal, why can't people do literally whatever they want to their body?

I came across an article on Druthers.ca, an independent, people-powered newspaper. This newspaper is based in Canada, however many of its articles have relevancy to the United States.

I will quote an excerpt of the article that I thought was interesting, to see if I can generate a discussion. Basically the author talks about transgender issues. He also mentions transhumanism and how the two are connected in some way.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
My opinion on transgender issues is very different today than it was around 15 years ago when — as a divorced male living in Toronto — I attended conferences on gender and sexuality issues, researching possible articles and book material on all permutations of John Lennon’s lyric “Whatever gets you through the night is alright.” I was fascinated that some people felt they were trapped in the body of the wrong gender, and modified themselves with everything from makeup and hairstyles to radical sex reassignment surgery (SRS) to make their bodies mirror how they felt inside.

Being trans is a right, don’t know you? And a parent who interferes with a person’s right to transition may find themselves fined or jailed, for breaking the law. This is clearly a multi-pronged propaganda and social engineering project designed to undermine the family, break down social cohesion and — importantly for the globalist restructuring of society along Great Reset and global governance lines — prepare us for a transhumanist future. In that future, we’ll be expected to accept all kinds of body augmentation, including microchip implants to pay at the till or open doors with a hand wave. More chillingly, most countries have endorsed changes to agreements with the World Health Organization (WHO) to give it sweeping powers in any emergency it might declare — powers that supersede those of our own nations. We may soon be coerced to accept hundreds of mRNA injections under development, and brain implants along the lines of Elon Musk’s Neuralink — merging man and machine in just the way Aldous Huxley warned about, that’s celebrated by World Economic Forum Founder Klaus Schwab and his policy advisor Yuval Noah Harari.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

If the link doesn't work, just go to Druthers.ca, then go to Read, then go to By subject, and then go to Technocracy. Search for the article titled: From transgender to transhuman
Bottom line = be a nurturing/loving parent and the world will become a utopia...............it's the answer to all human ills....

No. More and more people are dissatisfied with how they are treated when they present as male or female. They're rebelling against sexism more than anything else.

Bottom line = be a nurturing/loving parent and the world will become a utopia...............it's the answer to all human ills....

It really is. "The hand that rocks the cradle is the hand that rules the world"

Full poem here.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

In those days, transgender issues applied to a witheringly small number of people, in the low single digits as a percentage of the population — perhaps at the decimal level. Being trans wasn’t fashionable then and some trans people with whom I spoke believed hormonal fluctuations in their mothers’ wombs had caused them to develop a male brain in a female body and vice versa. (Public discussion often overlooks the many female to male transitions.) It’s possible that endocrine-disrupting chemicals in our water, food and environment are making this rare phenomenon more common.

You can see I’m anything but a bigot against trans people. I’ve always believed such people have the right to live as they please, and that no one should discriminate against them. I have compassion for them.

Being told they can be whatever gender they like has, predictably, led to a generation of confused, angry and depressed young people, many of whom come to regret major decisions like dubious (and often failed) surgery into which they were coached or coerced. I won’t report here all the ways these things can go wrong, what with girls having their forearm muscles excavated for penis-forming material, that can rot and fall away… and things like that. You can research that yourself. All I can say is it’s stunning that jurisdictions like Seattle provide sanctuary to young people seeking government-funded surgery, without their parents’ knowledge or consent.

transgenderism is not co-oped and weaponized lol
Transgender =/= transhumanism
biological sex =/= gender
gender =/= sexual orientation
Biological sex =/= sexual orientation

end thread and conspiracy theory

What is this nonsense and why should we accept it?

transgenderism is not co-oped and weaponized lol
biological sex =/= gender
gender =/= sexual orientation
Biological sex =/= sexual orientation

end thread and conspiracy theory

In one of Asimov's later books (which he might not have written alone) he invented a "transhuman" race on one of Earth's colonies (Solaria.) Their addiction to real estate and robot servants led them to an aversion to physical presence, which in turn led them to a breeding program without sex. Men had tiny penises and women had tiny vaginas. Fertilization of women could only be accomplished by (mutually consenting) transmission of sperm over long distances, and if I remember correctly the fetus would be raised in an incubator, and have no physical contact with either parent.

It wasn't a particularly good book, despite being titled as one of the Foundation series. I'm not naming the book, because people should definitely read the original Foundation trilogy before delving into Asimov's senile ramblings. But the idea of the human species splitting into sub species which cannot interbreed, was interesting and I think relevant to the thread. Most relevantly, Solarians by choice opted out of what was to become the Galactic Empire.

This is totally untrue. Unless we're saying that transgenderism is merely a state of mind, then transgenderism absolutely is transhumanism. The modifications required for transition are only possible thanks to modern technology. Transgenderism is necessarily composed of psychological and transhumanist elements.

This is totally untrue.
Unless we're saying that transgenderism is merely a state of mind, then transgenderism absolutely is transhumanism. The modifications required for transition are only possible thanks to modern technology. Transgenderism is necessarily composed of psychological and transhumanist elements.
when the APA and the rest of the medical science community recognize transhumanism as the same thing you let me know
until then the fact remains

when the APA and the rest of the medical science community recognize transhumanism as the same thing you let me know
until then the fact remains

Transhumanism is using technology to modify the human condition. I don't give a shit what alphabet organizations or the "consensus" says. Physical transition is literally *the* definition of transhumanism.

Transhumanism is using technology to modify the human condition.
which is factually meaningless to transgenderism
thank you for reinforcing the facts already provided and further proving them to be true

I don't give a shit what alphabet organizations or the "consensus" says. Physical transition is literally *the* definition of transhumanism.
like wise facts and medical science dont care about your feelings

so here we are in the same spot

which is factually meaningless to transgenderism
thank you for reinforcing the facts already provided and further proving them to be true

It isn't and it's why I differentiated between the state of being "transgender" psychologically and the physical act of transition which requires modern medical procedure.

like wise facts and medical science dont care about your feelings

so here we are in the same spot

Feel free to let me know how physical transition is possible without modern medical procedures.

correct hence Transgender =/= transhumanism
Feel free to let me know how physical transition is possible without modern medical procedures.
not needed because physical transition is meaningless to transgenderism (no physical transition is needed to be transgender)
thank you again for further proving your false claim to be inaccurate and further cementing the facts

so once again here we are in the same spot

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

\

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Conspiracy forum is >

While there are entities which fund social engineering and academic work for radical liberalism, I actually think the main driver for contemporary progressive ideology is liberalism itself - dating all the way back to the founding fathers.

It's important to understand that the ideology put forth by the post enlightenment thinkers contrasted wildly with classical Western thought. It diverged completely from the Platonic ideal of individual freedom which could be achieved through discipline. Instead, freedom can only be achieved via liberation from external constraints. Contemporary liberals AND conservatives both believe this, they just disagree on the details. Conservatives believe in the oppressive and hierarchal nature of the state and liberals believe in socially constructed hierarchies (religion, cultural traditions, ethnic traditions, etc.) are oppressive. Fundamentally though, both modern conservatives AND liberals believe freedom can be achieved through liberation of these external constraints which is at total odds with aforementioned classical thought. This, in part, is why conservatives have been so terrible at negating social revolution.

The liberal ideal of freedom is just the logical conclusion of the ideas the founders put forth. A liberation from the chains of traditional agencies and expectations. The full realization of the individual spirit, unmoored by any authoritative external hierarchies like religion or the state. We are born INTO a state of freedom - it is a "human right", not a privilege earned via discipline and reason. The radical conclusion then (as transhumanism demonstrates) is that human freedom cannot have any external lawgiver and is only limited by the creative instinct of the individual to self-realize.

Nothing about transgenderism is weaponized or malfunctioning. It is the intended function of liberalism. Conservatives inability to see this is why their philosophy is dead end garbage and they routinely fail to provide a convincing argument. If both sides believe individual freedom in the enlightenment sense is the ideal, why can't people do literally whatever they want to their body?
My view is that transgenderism as a dysphoria that needs to be psychologically addressed rather than surgically. For instance, people with body integrity dysphoria believe they cannot be their full selves until they have amputated a completely healthy body part. Anorexics may go to a doctor and ask for liposuction because she feels fat. Both if these conditions would never be treated by a doctor and the doctor would tell them the truth rather than feeding into how they feel. He would send them to psychological treatment to hopefully address the dysphoria and body dysmorphia they are experiencing. The worry is that this is hurting the trans community more than it is helping them and there is a group of over 52,000 detransitioners on redit who regret having transitioned and are permenantly changed for that reason.

All that being said, an overwhelming majority of the population agrees more with the surgical side of the argument and for that reason yes, adults should absolutely have access to the surgery if they want it. My concerns on the matter are overridden by the majority in this case and so I agree Republicans need to back off on preventing anyone from getting surgery. They should, IMO, come at it from an angle that shows they actually want to help the transgender population rather than just control them with policies cause “they know best”. I would make more programs for trans people to receive extra psychological help, fund independent research so we can have a much clearer understanding of the effects of various treatments and what is working best for this community etc, and I would start to come up with ideas that support this community from a non surgical side (while they are still allowed to go the surgical route if they choose of course). And of course stop demonizing them as some horrible group of people that’s ruining America…blah blah blah blah blah. Do that and you will actually may have a chance of bringing positive change to the issue. What they are doing now isn’t going to improve a darn thing. That’s just total wishful thinking though and I know this isn’t how most republicans think on this topic at all. I’m more speaking for myself I guess and what I wish they would do,

This is totally untrue. Unless we're saying that transgenderism is merely a state of mind, then transgenderism absolutely is transhumanism. The modifications required for transition are only possible thanks to modern technology. Transgenderism is necessarily composed of psychological and transhumanist elements.
People have been transitioning in their gender for a very long time, long before any current civilization existed. We have archeological and anthropological evidence to support this.

<snip>
Do you ever discuss anything in the threads you post, or is your goal simply to share sites you like?

People have been transitioning in their gender for a very long time, long before any current civilization existed. We have archeological and anthropological evidence to support this.

People have been cannibalizing, raping, and murdering each other long before contemporary liberal civilization too.

What your presenting isn’t an argument. I consider myself pretty well versed in far Eastern and Western European history. I can’t think of a single civilization or culture that actively promoted or tacitly approved of transsexuality as we understand it today.

People have been cannibalizing, raping, and murdering each other long before contemporary liberal civilization too.

What your presenting isn’t an argument. I consider myself pretty well versed in far Eastern and Western European history. I can’t think of a single civilization or culture that actively promoted or tacitly approved of transsexuality as we understand it today.
I'm not at all surprised that you can't think of a single civilization, but yet again, you're demonstrably wrong.
Ain't that a hoot?

Back
Top Bottom