• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Fox News Shows Their Love For Howard Kurtz

We watch it primarily for two reasons:

First, the sheer comedic value of Sean Hannity and Fox and Friends! It doesn't get much better.

Secondly, it's always good to keep on top of what the enemy is up to. And make no mistake,
the Far Right is the enemy and their mouthpiece is Fox News

That's the spirit.
Get a grip, man.
Slightly Liberal ... I don't think so.

Gee Pete, I think their complaint was that a show called reliable sources shouldnt be based on Media Matters and Kurtz was being a tool for being giving them an entire show as a platform.

I think thats an honest assessment and may be part of why Kurtz left CNN because his reputation was lending the show credibility it did not deserve.

It doesn't say much for his rep either if he were willingly being a tool.

That's the spirit.
Get a grip, man.
Slightly Liberal ... I don't think so.

Funny, those on the international forums consider me a right wing apologist for the United States. But I realize that you true right wingers don't ever venture to those damned foreign forums, so you wouldn't know that. My advice to you is to stay away from them. You might see some opinions that really upset you.

Laugh all you want. Fox is profitable.

So is the Mafia. So what? As long as you have right wing billionaires like the execrable Koch Brothers underwriting right wing causes, its not hard to be profitable.

Your fellow Americans are your "enemy"? Is that what MSNBC is teaching you?

You bet they're my enemy. They are on a crusade against civil liberties, minorities, and many of the things that make this country great. They are the biggest danger facing this country. The terrorists are rank amateurs compared to these clowns.

And calling the Far Right 'fellow Americans' is a giant stretch. Their vision of a theocratic America isn't close to mine.

And for the record, I don't watch much MSNBC. I check it out about as often as I do Fox. Its loony left, but not nearly as dangerous as the loony right.

If you have a complaint about "that O'Reilly guy" why not explain what it is? Have you no freedom of speech where you're from?

Really? My country lacks freedom of speech because I showed perplexity instead of "explaining" a complaint I don't even have? Don't give your fellow countrymen a bad name...

Also, you may want to be more careful and read all the posts, in case the person you're trying to be sarcastic with has actually elaborated his point further.

She got it no more wrong than many others.:cool:
The many others are not part of the Media Matters story. She got it wrong because Scooter Libby was leaking the data to her.

So is the Mafia. So what? As long as you have right wing billionaires like the execrable Koch Brothers underwriting right wing causes, its not hard to be profitable.
So is a new solar company. And you said all of that with a straight face, I guess. First, nobody, left or right, is pulling the strings in media unless they have very, very deep pockets. Second, the evil Kochs pale in comparison to the doubly evil Soros. Hell, that guy has even institutionalized himself.

Not that I know of. I don't like their politics, but that's as far as it goes.
That was the contention to which I responded. The tit for tat in that area could go on for quite a while, and there likely be no clear one to come out on top. That was my point.

You bet they're my enemy. They are on a crusade against civil liberties, minorities, and many of the things that make this country great. They are the biggest danger facing this country. The terrorists are rank amateurs compared to these clowns.

And you learned that where? NBC? CBS? ABC? How are they against civil liberties and minorities? Perhaps you can provide a link to explain how they have reached that conclusion.
And calling the Far Right 'fellow Americans' is a giant stretch. Their vision of a theocratic America isn't close to mine.

Where is there a move to make the USA a theocracy? Is this more 'mainstream media'?? And although you make not like the opinions of others they are still your fellow Americans.

And for the record, I don't watch much MSNBC. I check it out about as often as I do Fox. Its loony left, but not nearly as dangerous as the loony right.
So you learned this from the mainstream media then?

Really? My country lacks freedom of speech because I showed perplexity instead of "explaining" a complaint I don't even have? Don't give your fellow countrymen a bad name...

Also, you may want to be more careful and read all the posts, in case the person you're trying to be sarcastic with has actually elaborated his point further.

Just showing perplexity hardly furthers debate. No worries about giving my country a bad name either.

Back
Top Bottom