• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Fox News shareholder funded ‘Ground Zero mosque’ imam: report

That's very true, but why would they be calling their 2nd biggest shareholder a funder of terrorist, and make a slant about the fact that their second biggest shareholder -might- be funding the Kordoba House?

Because they are ethically reporting the news despite their shareholder's interests in their company?

B) Fox may or may not have reported as you said (I don't really care whether they did or not except to point out that there's a HUGE difference between whether they reported it or some pundit commented on it).

So to paraphrase, you're saying "I don't care what the facts are. I just want to point out that you could be wrong."

Wonderful contribution to the topic at hand.

The issue here is whether or not Fox is intentionally obscuring the truth in order to make a political attack without exposing themselves to criticism.

Because they are ethically reporting the news despite their shareholder's interests in their company?

Typically when a news organization reports on a company though good or bad, (for example when NBC reports on bad news coming out of GE) they also put in the "btw this company is a shareholder or this is out parent company). Why not do that this time?

Yes, will all the people on DP against the Cultural Center, please watch this video.

Questionable Ties???

I watched the video...I love Jon Stewart. My opposition has nothing to do with the ties to terrorists. That it will be exploited BY terrorists is simply an unfortunate consequence. I dont know anything about Imam Rauf's true intentions. I simply believe it is a bad decision to build this facility on the site of the twin towers. I side with many American Muslims that ALSO disagree with building the facility on this site.

So to paraphrase, you're saying "I don't care what the facts are. I just want to point out that you could be wrong."

Your paraphrase was utter bull**** and the single most idiotic thing I have read so far this week.

Typically when a news organization reports on a company though good or bad, (for example when NBC reports on bad news coming out of GE) they also put in the "btw this company is a shareholder or this is out parent company). Why not do that this time?

I've never heard them point to an individual shareholder as relevant. A parent company or an affiliate station or company, definitely. But never a singular shareholder.

The thing that amazes me is that they somehow forgot his name. And are saying that his company is up to nefarious things. It's hilarious especially because he was on Fox news just this January.

NEIL CAVUTO (1/14/2010): I'm very honored to have as my special guest tonight Prince Al-Waleed bin Talal. ... His Kingdom Holding Company continues to be among the world's most successful and admired.

Re: News Corp’s number-two shareholder funded ‘terror mosque’ planner

Also Agent why are you calling Daily Show stupid? You obviously watch it.

I said they were really that ****ing evil and that their target demographic was really that ****ing stupid. If you saw the episode in question you have caught the reference.

Considering that Fox News supported the iman by having him on their channel many times, plus saw no problems with the new building as early as December 2009, then who is more stupid... Fox News or the Daily Show?

Um Fox News invites all sorts of radicals onto their network all of the time, Michael Moore has been on Fox News, Ward Churchill has been on Fox News that proves nothing, and this didn't get any real media attention until it went before the city board or people tried to get a historical preservation status for the building or some such thing fairly recently which brought with it public attention.

News Corp’s number-two shareholder funded ‘terror mosque’ planner

Indeed, as none other than Rupert Murdoch's New York Post reported last May, the Kingdom Foundation, al-Waleed's personal charity, has donated a total of $305,000 to Muslim Leaders of Tomorrow, a leadership and networking project sponsored jointly by two of Rauf's organizations, the American Society for Muslim Advancement and the Cordoba Initiative. Al-Waleed owns a 7 percent, $2.3 billion stake in News Corporation. Likewise, News Corporation owns a 9 percent, $70 million stake — purchased in February — in Rotana, Al-Waleed's Saudi media conglomerate. Put another way: Rupert Murdoch and Fox News are in business, to the tune of billions of dollars, with one of the "Terror Mosque Imam's" principal patrons.

You know, if FOX News really believes what it is telling it's viewers about Imam Rauf, don't you think they would have to report that they support a terrorist organization? After all, FOX News is fair and balanced, right? :mrgreen:

On the other hand, maybe they are blowing what they calling the "Ground Zero Mosque" all out of proportion.

So, which is it? FOX News can't have it both ways. Either Imam Rauf is not a terrorist, or FOX News is a terrorist organization. Which is it? Inquiring minds want to know. LOL.

Article is here

NOTE: John Stewart had a field day last night with this. LOL.

Last edited:

So he's exposed. Good.

How does that have any bearing on Fox News?

Is MSNBC responsible for all of GE's transgressions like working with the terrorist state Iran though child companies?

The thing that amazes me is that they somehow forgot his name. And are saying that his company is up to nefarious things. It's hilarious especially because he was on Fox news just this January.

Uh well...considering journalism is an investigative sport, don't you think it's possible that for one segment in January, one reporter favored him but after some, you know, investigation and linking because of another story, a different reporter might have a completely separate perception?

I've never heard them point to an individual shareholder as relevant. A parent company or an affiliate station or company, definitely. But never a singular shareholder.

He's not just a sharholder, he holds 6% of the companies class B voting shares giving him the ability to vote on company policies and major decisions.

I personally don't see a problem with this. The Kingom Holdings group has large shares in almost every worldwide mega corporation including Walt Disney, Pepsi, Apple, CitiGroup, P&G, and Ford Motors. It's a global investment firm looking to make money, not spread religious idealism. If you look hard enough you could tie back atleast a dollar to the Kingdom Holdings from every company and group in the world.

The point of this and the Daily Show segment is that what Fox is trying to do by utilizing loose associations can be done with almost anyone and anything. In the end the freedom of religion should not be thrown out the window because of emotional hysterics and heresy associations.

Last edited:

You know, if FOX News really believes what it is telling it's viewers about Imam Rauf, don't you think they would have to report that they support a terrorist organization? After all, FOX News is fair and balanced, right? :mrgreen:

On the other hand, maybe they are blowing what they calling the "Ground Zero Mosque" all out of proportion.

So, which is it? FOX News can't have it both ways. Either Imam Rauf is not a terrorist, or FOX News is a terrorist organization. Which is it? Inquiring minds want to know. LOL.

Article is here

NOTE: John Stewart had a field day last night with this. LOL.

:roll:

False analogy. Newscorp is a publicly traded company, do you know what that means? It means no one has control over who purchases Newscorp stock on the open market. Imam Rauf on the other hand is more than capable of denying the money from that Wahhabist POS.

Now is the Jon Stewart really this ****ing stupid or is he really this ****ing evil? I think he's really that ****ing evil but his target demographic is really that ****ing stupid.

Last edited:
You have to watch the video to understand it. His previous segment was on how idiotic it is to link multiple loose ties in order to make a political point. He was using the same methods that fox uses to attack fox itself. But if you don't get all the facts, all it is to you is a smear.

You have to watch the video to understand it. His previous segment was on how idiotic it is to link multiple loose ties in order to make a political point. He was using the same methods that fox uses to attack fox itself. But if you don't get all the facts, all it is to you is a smear.

"Waaaaaa!!!! I only did it cuz they did it tooooooooo!!!!!!!"

Yeah not a valid defense.

"Waaaaaa!!!! I only did it cuz they did it tooooooooo!!!!!!!"

Yeah not a valid defense.

You just criticized the point he made. So obviously you believe this isn't a just way of making a point? That was exactly what he was aiming for. Please play again.

You obviously haven't heard of satire.

You just criticized the point he made. So obviously you believe this isn't a just way of making a point? That was exactly what he was aiming for. Please play again.

You obviously haven't heard of satire.

You obviously don't know what the **** you're talking about, but that's beside the point.

The heart of the issue here is that Fox is not liable for it's shareholders. Clearly, they aren't letting their shareholder affect their ethics if they are reporting bad **** about him.

Satire is only funny when it rings true.

:roll:

False analogy. Newscorp is a publicly traded company, do you know what that means? It means no one has control over who purchases Newscorp stock on the open market. Imam Rauf on the other hand is more than capable of denying the money from that Wahhabist POS.

Now is the Jon Stewart really this ****ing stupid or is he really this ****ing evil? I think he's really that ****ing evil but his target demographic is really that ****ing stupid.

leftpanel_alwaleed.JPG

You may want to tone down your rhetoric as it may reduce the sting from self pwnage.

Likewise, News Corporation owns a 9 percent, $70 million stake — purchased in February — in Rotana, Al-Waleed's Saudi media conglomerate.

jallman no, just no. You fail. It's ok to admit you fail, everyone here has done it. It takes a big man to admit they fail. So what's it gonna be?

You obviously don't know what the **** you're talking about, but that's beside the point.

The heart of the issue here is that Fox is not liable for it's shareholders. Clearly, they aren't letting their shareholder affect their ethics if they are reporting bad **** about him.

Satire is only funny when it rings true.

It was a follow up to a segment in which he criticizes Fox news correspondants and opinionists linking loose connections between Imam, terrorists, and Iran in which he references to during his monday segment. He was making a point that it is an unjust argument to associate two groups using those said loose connections. It only spreads fear, and doesn't really have any merit to it.

jallman no, just no. You fail. It's ok to admit you fail, everyone here has done it. It takes a big man to admit they fail. So what's it gonna be?

You gonna make an on topic post or what?

It was a follow up to a segment in which he criticizes Fox news correspondants and opinionists linking loose connections between Imam, terrorists, and Iran in which he references to during his monday segment. He was making a point that it is an unjust argument to associate two groups using those said loose connections. It only spreads fear, and doesn't really have any merit to it.

Ok...if that's how you see it. :shrug:

The Daily Show Debates: Is Fox News Evil Or Stupid? Video

ROTFL

Saudi Prince Alwaleed bin Talal who is also a major shareholder in Fox News Corporation.

I see dots. Lots and lots of dots. Oh no, the dots are connecting themselves. Gasp, the dots are guilty by association to other dots. Be afraid, be very afraid. Eeek, the dots are all terrorists trying to kill us. Aaaaaaaahhhh, saaaaaave us.......
from the dots.

Last edited:
I simply believe it is a bad decision to build this facility on the site of the twin towers.

It's a good thing they aren't building it on the site of the Twin Towers then.

Back
Top Bottom