• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Fox News Hires Caitlyn Jenner As A Contributor

(thanks)

Heh! Maybe it's more nuanced than you know! :p

It creeps in there sometimes. I can feel it.

But you know, life is a process of refinement. We strive to be better, though we of course can never get to the end. But the important thing is that we do indeed strive.

I do very much see that.

It's almost seems like a form of passive-aggressive behaviour.

Back off the last sentence?

Hah!

You don't know how many times I've created entire posts, let them sit for awhile, then came back only to decide to jettison the entire thing!

But often enough, I will let a charged or emotive post sit a wee bit before sending. Very often when I come back, I do see some stuff that I don't like.

The easiest thing to do of course, is to treat every post as if everyone you know in the world will see it. Your spouse, your kids, your employer or clients, your friends, your Pastor or Congregation, etc. If you would not want them to see what you wrote, you probably shouldn't write it!
That's a good idea - to let a charged post you've written sit and then revisit a bit later to see if you still want to hit submit!

That's a good idea - to let a charged post you've written sit and then revisit a bit later to see if you still want to hit submit!

Thanks!

I do it from time to time, maybe once every several dozen posts.

When I know it's a charged post (great phrase!), I can feel it, and I'll just let it sit there, sometimes for only several minutes while I move on to another post. But more often I'll wait until I'm ready to close out my session. Sometimes, I'll even leave it until my next session.

And like I said earlier, once in a while I even give-up on the entire thing!

Thanks. It bothers me that these UPenn kids and parents are staying silent. If they are such woke assholes they are just going to go along with the scam, then they are getting what they deserve.
Maybe they’re just not triggered like you

When I know it's a charged post (great phrase!)
It was you who used the phrase and I thought it the perfect description!

It's more than that.
Okay, you can certainly have your opinion. I think the only thing that even comes close is the hair length and style. I told my husband about the thread and the comparison and his reaction was about like this;)
OK brown hair. That's it. Perhaps it's female perspective. As a male, I can tell you that even at 3am, beer goggles on, there would be no confusion.

A transgender on FOX is a no no!
The left won't be happy with this.
But then the left does not care for Jenner because of the conservative slant. Let's the screaming begin.
For all the MAGA crowd squeals about 'what's your born you shall ever be' I'm thinking it's the Rabid Right who should be up in arms... :cautious:

I would think the Right wouldn't care for Jenner because she once had a penis, but 'denies' the form GAWD gave her at birth... ✌️

It was you who used the phrase and I thought it the perfect description!

Haha!

Yeah, I forgot I did too, until I just looked!

You should have done the classic move, when you get lucky or erroneous praise:

"Nod your head slightly, and quietly say 'thank you', while quickly turning away to make your exit before anyone knows the jig is up!"

Okay, you can certainly have your opinion. I think the only thing that even comes close is the hair length and style. I told my husband about the thread and the comparison and his reaction was about like this;)
Lol, you have to go get your husband to insult my masculinity?

Sad.

Lol, you have to go get your husband to insult my masculinity?

Sad.
Lol about your "masculinity" - as I know not a thing about you.
The comment I made to my husband was that there was a thread going on about Jenner/Fox News and various posters were saying she looked like Melania Trump. He laughed and made a comment similar to the one Rawley made.
But if your "masculinity" somehow has you interested in Jenner's appearance or makes you think she resembles Melania - well okay. I'll leave you to decide if that is an insult to your "masculinity", lol.

The comment I made to my husband was that there was a thread going on about Jenner/Fox News and various posters were saying she looked like Melania Trump. He laughed and made a comment similar to the one Rawley made.
But if your "masculinity" somehow has you interested in Jenner's appearance or makes you think she resembles Melania - well okay. I'll leave you to decide if that is an insult to your "masculinity", lol.
Some people take things personally (and thus make it personal against others).

The Liberalism of today has seemingly morphed from that I knew back in the day. But then, in some examples I'd say the same about the new Trump influenced Conservatism. Not speaking to you here, obviously, as you seem to be a principled Conservative - and I respect that.
Yup, the fringe on both sides is where were at today.

Caitlyn Jenner, the transgender athlete, reality star and California gubernatorial candidate, has signed on to Fox News Media as a contributor.

Jenner’s first appearance will be on Hannity on Thursday.

Fox News Media CEO Suzanne Scott said in a statement, “Caitlyn’s story is an inspiration to us all. She is a trailblazer in the LGBTQ+ community and her illustrious career spans a variety of fields that will be a tremendous asset for our audience.”

Jenner said in a statement, “I am humbled by this unique opportunity to speak directly to FOX News Media’s millions of viewers about a range of issues that are important to the American people.”

Is this a good move for Fox? What say you?
Good for Caitlyn!

Sean Hannity is respectfully interviewing Caitlin Jenner in the clip cited below.
She (and I am being very generous and Liberal here) sounds reasonable and sincere in her beliefs. It's hard to look at her and think of her as a female. But I turn my head and simply listen to her opinions. Wow! Calling Jenner a 'she' or a 'her' is a little difficult especially when I think of the 1976 Olympics.
Maybe I'm just showing my age.

Nice try, but no joy.

A transgender on FOX is a no no!
The left won't be happy with this.
But then the left does not care for Jenner because of the conservative slant. Let's the screaming begin.
They'll just throw Caitlyn Jenner under the bus.

The left is about ideas not people.

There dying for sure, but mostly from self inflicted suicide, can't live with the contradiction.

Societies as a whole will never cuddle up to sexual deviants ..sociology 101.
It's not the contradiction, it is the bigotry and prejudice.

It's not the contradiction, it is the bigotry and prejudice.
I would think the prejudice and bigotry against black people in the 1950s was much greater, but they didn't commit suicide to nearly the extent that it is an issue with trans.

So it's not likely that the issue is this bigotry and prejudice also considering trans people are done of the most privileged people on the planet.

It's a win-win, in my opinion.

If the Fox audience gets more exposure to the transgendered it normalizes it for them.

If they turn off FOX in disgust? Doubleplus good.
Sometimes it kinda hurts to watch.

Well, did anybody watch her last night?

Back
Top Bottom