• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Fox News’ “War on Christianity”: How right-wing hacks created a sect of victims

`
[SUB]"If you only consumed the Fox News Network or books penned by Fox “journalists,” you could be forgiven for believing that the streets of America run red with the blood of Christian martyrs or that Bibles are being burned in the streets of San Francisco by marauding atheists. The claims of religious persecution are laughable even on cursory examination, but this slice of American self-delusion can no longer be ignored. The manufactured war on Christians provides cover for fundamentalist to perpetrate actual discrimination, against gay people, religious minorities and women. With the latest decision from the Supreme Court creating religious rights for billon-dollar corporations like Hobby Lobby, this wholesale nonsense has gone beyond anyone’s capacity to ignore.

To understand the rise of the Christian victim myth, one must trace it to the source: Fox News and especially its affiliated radio and book empire. Even among the intellectually atrophied, there are a few who stand out for being worse than the rest. At Fox News, I would argue it’s the trifecta of Mike Huckabee, Sean Hannity and my personal favorite (and the main subject of this post), Todd Starnes. To understand the creation of the religious victimization myth, I thoroughly examined Starnes’ latest polemic: “God Less America: Real Stories From the Front Lines of the Attack on Traditional Values.” Forwarded by Huckabee and promoted by Hannity, this Fox News corporate product captures everything that is wrong, untrue and stupid about this ongoing narrative...... " Source - Screen Shot
[/SUB]​
`
`
`

The Pentecostal/Evangelical right now has got Fox entertainment news to push their new agenda --- The War Against Christianity, aka: Christian Victim hood.
`

How DARE they create victims! Only LIBERALS can play the victim card!

For a few generations, the cry of the wicked was “Don't force your morality on us!”

Now, wickedness and degradation have gained such a foothold in our society that they gladly force their immorality on everyone else.

I do not know why the burden of continuing to stand against evil, and for good, falls so heavily on Christianity, but the wicked hate anything or anyone that dares to call them out for their wickedness; and are not shy about using whatever power they gain to shut any such person or organization up.

It's not so much a “War on Christianity” as it is a war against morality, with Christianity being the most prominent force standing for morality.

What if I told you, you're the most dangerous people in America but have been neutered so are now more of a wacky pest than taken seriously.

I think American Christians who claim persecution should be ashamed of themselves when there are Christians in other countries dying for their beliefs. You do not hear me bitching about how gays are generally treated in America when it is a very different story in Uganda and Russia.

And the 'victimized' LGBTQ, women, religious minorities have Salon, CNN, CBS, NBC, MSNBC, ABC, HUFFINGTON, POLITICO, DAILYKOS, ETC to continuously push their agenda. Seems fair to me. :roll: Fact is, there's global war on Christians/Christianity and I'm pretty sure we don't want it to fester here as it has elsewhere.
`
If it seems fair to you then that settles it....for you. Me, not at all. So long as the extreme religious right keeps away from my civil liberties and rights, I have no problem with them....however, I do not see that happening. This "victimization ploy" is a joke you know.

Exactly...IN CHURCH is the only place the heathens want Christians to be able to pray.

Christian are called on to be a counter to the sinners of the world and their influence. Pushing them off into some corner of irrelevance if the war of which we speak.

Why not pray where Jesus suggested you pray?

As a christian myself I have experienced ZERO personal backlash due to my religion

also I havent seen any evidence at all that there is any type of war against "christianity" (or religion or morality) in this country in any way whatsoever lol

its complete illogical BS and victimism lol

For a few generations, the cry of the wicked was “Don't force your morality on us!”

Now, wickedness and degradation have gained such a foothold in our society that they gladly force their immorality on everyone else.

I do not know why the burden of continuing to stand against evil, and for good, falls so heavily on Christianity, but the wicked hate anything or anyone that dares to call them out for their wickedness; and are not shy about using whatever power they gain to shut any such person or organization up.

It's not so much a “War on Christianity” as it is a war against morality, with Christianity being the most prominent force standing for morality.

So you were forced to marry someone of the same sex? If not, there is no "forcing" immorality on you. Instead what has happened is you are no longer able to force YOUR morality on others and you don't like it.

LMAO please provide factual evidence of your subjective opinion of immorality being forced on us.

Very true, Christians who submit to Obama's Birth control mandates, accept abortion, accept govenment over site of ministerial appointments (Tabor Lutheran vs EEOC), accept mandatory sex education classes, and remain silent on gay marriage have little to fear.

There are millions willing to do the above. There are also millions who are not.

As a christian myself I have experienced ZERO personal backlash due to my religion

Probably because you are willing to do the things above. I am not, so I have experienced the attempted backlashes:

-Obama attempts to allow the EEOC to supervise ministerial appointments in my church.
-Obama attempts to define "free" sterilizations and BC as a "right" and then attempts to force objecting Christians, including my denomination, to pay for it.
-Baltimore, New York, and Austin attempt to restrict pro life clinics, some run by my denomination.
-Military training "accidently" presents my denomination as a "hate group" and presents non compliant Christian orgainizations as "hate groups".
-Mass. Democratic party briefly proposes forcibly assigning a selected uhmmm..... "oversite board" to control the finances of my denomination.

Last edited:
LMAO please provide factual evidence of your subjective opinion of immorality being forced on us.

That's a bit too easy there AJ.

Just stand on the street while taxpayer supported Gay Pride Parades take place in cities across the country. I couldn't care less myself, but if the participants and parade watchers did what they do in these parades at any other time, they would be arrested for public displays of nudity and indecency. And all that is done in front of children and anyone else who can't escape the circus.

In my book, that is one small but absolute example of forcing immorality onto the public.

Just stand on the street while taxpayer supported Gay Pride Parades take place in cities across the country. I couldn't care less myself, but if the participants and parade watchers did what they do in these parades at any other time, they would be arrested for public displays of nudity and indecency. And all that is done in front of children and anyone else who can't escape the circus.

In my book, that is one small but absolute example of forcing immorality onto the public.

When were you forced to attend or watch a gay parade?

When were you forced to attend or watch a gay parade?

Every year, when it takes place directly in front of my home, where I'm trapped until it's over. The only way to leave is to walk. Can't take the car, and can't return in my car until it's over.

Probably don't want to go down the rabbit hole on this one BMCM, because you're going to lose on the point. It's forced, and it's at taxpayer expense, and if it weren't the PC thing, hundreds would be arrested for public exposure and indecency.

Would you tolerate a taxpayer supported 3+ hour parade with street closures for a Religious parade, with all the religious trappings?

I really have to wonder about people on here that profess to be Christians but stand in judgment for others beliefs.

Is homosexuality a sin... According to the Bible it is, however it is not a Christians place to pass judgment.

When Jesus was walking on this earth he did not pass judgment on others. God passes judgment.

I consider myself a Christian man and try to live my life in that manner, however I do not judge people. I may not agree with what some do or say, but at the end they will have to answer for their sins. If you judge others then you will also have to answer for that sin.

Every year, when it takes place directly in front of my home, where I'm trapped until it's over. The only way to leave is to walk. Can't take the car, and can't return in my car until it's over.

Probably don't want to go down the rabbit hole on this one BMCM, because you're going to lose on the point. It's forced, and it's at taxpayer expense, and if it weren't the PC thing, hundreds would be arrested for public exposure and indecency.

Would you tolerate a taxpayer supported 3+ hour parade with street closures for a Religious parade, with all the religious trappings?

You chose to live there, you chose to look out the window. these things are scheduled a head of time so you can very easily go elsewhere during that time. I would have no problem with a religious parade. Judge not, least ye be judged.

1.)That's a bit too easy there AJ.

2.)Just stand on the street while taxpayer supported Gay Pride Parades take place in cities across the country. I couldn't care less myself, but if the participants and parade watchers did what they do in these parades at any other time, they would be arrested for public displays of nudity and indecency. And all that is done in front of children and anyone else who can't escape the circus.

3.)In my book, that is one small but absolute example of forcing immorality onto the public.

1.) you think, if you focus on the word FACTUAL then id bet its impossible lol

2.) see your example complete fails, and we could extended it to movies, spring break, madi gras, st pattys day etc.
I can be in the presence of ALL of those and "MY" morality factually doesnt change nor is it forced too

thank you for proving my point

3.) yes, just like i said, your book of OPINION but facts and reality disagree

You chose to live there, you chose to look out the window. these things are scheduled a head of time so you can very easily go elsewhere during that time. I would have no problem with a religious parade. Judge not, least ye be judged.

LOL

Nice try. So "get out if you don't like it" isn't an indicator of forced?

Epic fail.

I did suggest you avoid the rabbit hole.

Your choice.

1.) you think, if you focus on the word FACTUAL then id bet its impossible lol

2.) see your example complete fails, and we could extended it to movies, spring break, madi gras, st pattys day etc.
I can be in the presence of ALL of those and "MY" morality factually doesnt change nor is it forced too

thank you for proving my point

3.) yes, just like i said, your book of OPINION but facts and reality disagree

Dang. I forgot my promise to myself.

Thanks for the comments. Have a good day.

The parade of terror. :2bigcry:

:lamo

How many billions do churches get in tax breaks every year? They are a business and a political organization, milking the system.

Dang. I forgot my promise to myself.

Thanks for the comments. Have a good day.

no problem, you have a good day too

anytime you need the misunderstandings in your posts pointed out out and facts explained let me know , im always glad to help.

let me know when you can provide a factual example.

So does that mean the people that live in Marti Gras are subjected to "straight-people" immorality? Why aren't you protesting MArti Gras as well?

`
[SUB]"If you only consumed the Fox News Network or books penned by Fox “journalists,” you could be forgiven for believing that the streets of America run red with the blood of Christian martyrs or that Bibles are being burned in the streets of San Francisco by marauding atheists. The claims of religious persecution are laughable even on cursory examination, but this slice of American self-delusion can no longer be ignored. The manufactured war on Christians provides cover for fundamentalist to perpetrate actual discrimination, against gay people, religious minorities and women. With the latest decision from the Supreme Court creating religious rights for billon-dollar corporations like Hobby Lobby, this wholesale nonsense has gone beyond anyone’s capacity to ignore.

To understand the rise of the Christian victim myth, one must trace it to the source: Fox News and especially its affiliated radio and book empire. Even among the intellectually atrophied, there are a few who stand out for being worse than the rest. At Fox News, I would argue it’s the trifecta of Mike Huckabee, Sean Hannity and my personal favorite (and the main subject of this post), Todd Starnes. To understand the creation of the religious victimization myth, I thoroughly examined Starnes’ latest polemic: “God Less America: Real Stories From the Front Lines of the Attack on Traditional Values.” Forwarded by Huckabee and promoted by Hannity, this Fox News corporate product captures everything that is wrong, untrue and stupid about this ongoing narrative...... " Source - Screen Shot
[/SUB]​
`
`
`

The Pentecostal/Evangelical right now has got Fox entertainment news to push their new agenda --- The War Against Christianity, aka: Christian Victim hood.
`

This is new?

And the 'victimized' LGBTQ, women, religious minorities have Salon, CNN, CBS, NBC, MSNBC, ABC, HUFFINGTON, POLITICO, DAILYKOS, ETC to continuously push their agenda.

Seems fair to me. :roll:

Fact is, there's global war on Christians/Christianity and I'm pretty sure we don't want it to fester here as it has elsewhere.

LOLOLOLOL Hilarious.

Remember this? BWAHAHAHA...war my ass.

Oreilly_Holiday.jpg

So does that mean the people that live in Marti Gras are subjected to "straight-people" immorality? Why aren't you protesting MArti Gras as well?

shhhhh dont use common sense, reality and rationality when people are choosing to ignore it

The parade of terror. :2bigcry:

:lamo

How many billions do churches get in tax breaks every year? They are a business and a political organization, milking the system.

Nice strawman. And how does a taxbreak force anything on the public, like a Gay Pride Parade can?

Back
Top Bottom