• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Fox Host Laura Ingraham Triggers John Eastman Into Possibly Making a Serious Confession on Live TV

ouch

Air Muscle
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
Having J6 defendants on a biased tv network could be hazardous to certain defendant's trial case. In this case, J6 defendant John Eastman. TV cameras + Fox Network are mysteriously mesmerizing to MAGA Heads. :devilish:

When host Laura Ingraham asked what his “constitutional” plan was on 6 January 2021 — as Mr Trump and his allies sought to overturn the results of the 2020 election — Mr Eastman admitted that he tried to stop the certification of the election results and wanted then-Vice President Mike Pence to at least halt Congress from certifying them for a week.

“Some people had urged that Vice President Pence simply had power to reject electors whose certification was still pending,” he said.

“I explicitly told Vice President Pence in the Oval Office on January 4, that even though it was an open issue, under the circumstances we had I thought it was the weaker argument, and it would be foolish to exercise such power.

“What I recommended, and I’ve said this repeatedly, is that he accede to requests from more than 100 state legislators in the swing states, to give them a week to try and sort out the impact of what everybody acknowledged was illegality in the conduct of the election.”

Having J6 defendants on a biased tv network could be hazardous to certain defendant's trial case. In this case, J6 defendant John Eastman. TV cameras + Fox Network are mysteriously mesmerizing to MAGA Heads. :devilish:

When host Laura Ingraham asked what his “constitutional” plan was on 6 January 2021 — as Mr Trump and his allies sought to overturn the results of the 2020 election — Mr Eastman admitted that he tried to stop the certification of the election results and wanted then-Vice President Mike Pence to at least halt Congress from certifying them for a week.

“Some people had urged that Vice President Pence simply had power to reject electors whose certification was still pending,” he said.

“I explicitly told Vice President Pence in the Oval Office on January 4, that even though it was an open issue, under the circumstances we had I thought it was the weaker argument, and it would be foolish to exercise such power.

“What I recommended, and I’ve said this repeatedly, is that he accede to requests from more than 100 state legislators in the swing states, to give them a week to try and sort out the impact of what everybody acknowledged was illegality in the conduct of the election.”
He'll regret having said that. It was an admission of a violation of the Constitution.

And how is this admission of his evidence of a crime?

John Eastman faces 9 felony charges in Georgia....

Violation of the Georgia Racketeer Influenced and Corrupt Organizations Act
Solicitation of violation of oath by public officer
Conspiracy to commit impersonating a public officer
Conspiracy to commit forgery in the first degree (2 counts)
Conspiracy to commit false statements and writings (2 counts)
Conspiracy to commit filing false documents
Filing false documents

Eastman is also currently undergoing disbarment proceedings in California.

And how is this admission of his evidence of a crime?
It's Mr Eastman's possible admission of guilt about his efforts to impede the certification of presidential electors. Judge Carter has even stated that "Dr. Eastman dishonestly conspired to obstruct the Joint Session of Congress on January 6, 2021."

A reasonable attorney representing Mr Eastman in the upcoming J6 trial, would need to question why would their client say what they just said on live tv?

My question for you is how did what Mr Eastman stated on live tv helps his case?

The Vice President of the United States has no power to stop Congress from certifying an election. Any argument to the contrary is just gibberish speak by coup defenders.

These fools don't realize you DON'T talk about the charges against you because you might incriminate yourself?
Shit, a 19 yr old knows better. Seriously.

These fools don't realize you DON'T talk about the charges against you because you might incriminate yourself?
Especially when their elders advise them to shut up or get into more serious trouble than they are already in. Forensic science would have many trying field days examining MAGA brains. imo

It's Mr Eastman's possible admission of guilt about his efforts to impede the certification of presidential electors. Judge Carter has even stated that "Dr. Eastman dishonestly conspired to obstruct the Joint Session of Congress on January 6, 2021."

A reasonable attorney representing Mr Eastman in the upcoming J6 trial, would need to question why would their client say what they just said on live tv?

My question for you is how did what Mr Eastman stated on live tv helps his case?
Ok. Trying to get Pence to delay certification for one week so that certain states can review the accuracy of election totals is not a crime.

There is no law or constitutional power allowing Mike Pence, or any VP, to delay certifying of an election. There is no vehicle by which states can use a non-existent power to change the outcome of an election. Any argument to the contrary is coup defender nonsense.

It obviously is part of a criminal conspiracy, and laid out in the indictments.

That you haven't read.
No, the claim is Eastman has admitted to a crime. What crime? And be specific.

Admitting that you worked to change the results of an election by delaying the vote certifying event through demonstrations, legal maneuvering, and getting specific players within the government to change their actions, is a crime.

It's like deciding to have your friends and family take over a court house, and then prop up your lawyers so they can change the laws on books by reaching out to the local politician's clerks, when you're about to be convicted.

It's a crime. Don't be stupid. Don't double down on this.

There they go again - "everybody" acknowledges/knows. They have no idea if anyone knows, but know there are enough gullible people out there that will swallow their lies hook, line and sinker.

Ok. Trying to get Pence to delay certification for one week so that certain states can review the accuracy of election totals is not a crime.
Mr Eastman was trying to get VP Pence to do something that wasn't in his power as the USVP to do. Mr Eastman's scheme to inject fake electors is the alleged crime and what he was trying to get VP Pence to do was part of that very same scheme.

I don't believe that they have developed a microscope powerful enough for that yet.
True, but lets do it the old fashion way. Look deeply into his eyes. Only thing is that I'm not sure if there are new medical terminologies for what John Eastman and DJT suffer with. MAGA -?- syndromes.

1693850996758.png
John Eastman in Fulton County mug shot (Reuters)

The Constitution does not give the Executive Branch that power as per the 20th Amendment.

Congress is the body that determines this process as per the 20th. As such, Congress will make statutes that commands that all states must have their electoral votes certified by the states by the same date. Then...the certified votes must be sent to DC by the same date. Now, if a state is falling behind on the deadlines then the President of the Senate and/or the Archivist can be tasked to expedite the state to get the certifications in...not to slow it down.

The 20th Amendment, Section 3 is pretty clear that the sitting VP has no role in determining the President or VP. Ony Congress can do that.

So, if Pence were to make an order to delay (which, he was advised correctly to not do) the certification, he would certainly be in violation of the Constitution and the laws/statutes passed by Congress.

So...yes...it would be a crime.

You'll have to quote the 12A on that one.

updated on Aug. 8, 2021
by Ryan Goodman and Juilee Shivalkar

.... fast forward to...

Last edited:
He'll regret having said that. It was an admission of a violation of the Constitution.
I mean he already admitted to a violation of the Electoral Count Act in an email to a lawyer on a government email account...

Back
Top Bottom