• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Fourth of July weekend toll: 82 shot, 14 of them fatally, in Chicago.....

I've actually thought about taking book on summer violence here in the city... Over/Under for this weekend is currently 10...

Mornin Chez. :2wave: Well Monday they had 6 more.....but I haven't kept tabs for Tuesday and yesterday. Ended up having to deal with other issues with my work. But I know Shaw of Judicial Watch is on them about some reports with the Task force that is here. Where Emanuel was touting their progress in going after the bangers with Rico Statutes.

The CPD thinks and acts like they have a handle on this.....they don't. This morning Quinn the Governor, which you know.....just stated that if Emanuel asks. He will offer State Police for assistance to certain neighborhoods. That's if the Mayor Asks.

Wonder why a Governor needs to ask a Mayor to do anything.....should that Governor deem it worth doing.

Mornin Chez. :2wave: Well Monday they had 6 more.....but I haven't kept tabs for Tuesday and yesterday. Ended up having to deal with other issues with my work. But I know Shaw of Judicial Watch is on them about some reports with the Task force that is here. Where Emanuel was touting their progress in going after the bangers with Rico Statutes.

The CPD thinks and acts like they have a handle on this.....they don't. This morning Quinn the Governor, which you know.....just stated that if Emanuel asks. He will offer State Police for assistance to certain neighborhoods. That's if the Mayor Asks.

Wonder why a Governor needs to ask a Mayor to do anything.....should that Governor deem it worth doing.

The same reason he needed Bill Daley to come in and scare away anyone with any ideas of running for office. He's weak.

His only salvation is that the GOP, for whatever reason, can't seem to keep/get anyone elected to higher office in this state aside from Judy Baar Topinka.(and yes you have to say it in the gravelly smokers voice.)

The Obama appointed may of shootcago is as effective at curbing gun violence as is his daddy is at securing the borders.

The same reason he needed Bill Daley to come in and scare away anyone with any ideas of running for office. He's weak.

His only salvation is that the GOP, for whatever reason, can't seem to keep/get anyone elected to higher office in this state aside from Judy Baar Topinka.(and yes you have to say it in the gravelly smokers voice.)

Yeah Kirk is a sell out now.....over 12 year same party rules. You can see what has happened. The whole entire Chicagoland Area.

Blacks killing blacks.

What exactly does this tell you?
Apparently it means (to quote Kanye) "Barack Obama dont like black people."

It could mean that Chicago has a gang violence problem that is completely ignored. It could mean theres a whole lot of liberal anti-gun hacks that only offer the pretense of concern about violence when the shooters are white and the victims are cute little pink chirruns. It could mean that the focus on guns and law abiding citizen gun ownership is very clearly and obviously a misplaced effort and if people were sincere about saving lives they would focus on the day to day violence in places like Chicago and not just surface on the occasion of a school shooting or some other celebrated shooting incident to exploit.

Apparently it means (to quote Kanye) "Barack Obama dont like black people."

It could mean that Chicago has a gang violence problem that is completely ignored. It could mean theres a whole lot of liberal anti-gun hacks that only offer the pretense of concern about violence when the shooters are white and the victims are cute little pink chirruns. It could mean that the focus on guns and law abiding citizen gun ownership is very clearly and obviously a misplaced effort and if people were sincere about saving lives they would focus on the day to day violence in places like Chicago and not just surface on the occasion of a school shooting or some other celebrated shooting incident to exploit.

or not.

Clearly we need to make shooting people against the law.
No...we need to pass magazine capacity bans, AR bans, and background checks to all of these law abiding citizens who are then corrupted by their legal gun ownership and become murderous thugs.

No...we need to pass magazine capacity bans, AR bans, and background checks to all of these law abiding citizens who are then corrupted by their legal gun ownership and become murderous thugs.

These guys were murderous thugs and were probably never "legal" gun owners. Oh, and all of that has been tried, failed.
So unless you are ready for the government to spend billions taking guns away from every gun owner in the nation, your ideas hold no water.
Remember, billions and hundreds if not thousands of lives.

These guys were murderous thugs and were probably never "legal" gun owners. Oh, and all of that has been tried, failed.
So unless you are ready for the government to spend billions taking guns away from every gun owner in the nation, your ideas hold no water.
Remember, billions and hundreds if not thousands of lives.
You dont get irony and dripping sarcasm, do you...

That the Southside ain't no joke.

This is why I don't traverse past Madison if I can help it.

It also tells me Rahm's idiocy in closing down the Task Force is a failure, like everything else he's done.

It also tells me, that gang bangers are gonna bang, and that honest, law abiding citizens need to arm themselves.

Really?

This from the guy giving me smack about if I am afraid of walking neighborhoods at night?

I spend a lot of time on the South side - and thats South of Roosevelt, my friend (thats apparently pants-wetting territory for you) - and I can tell you the problem is not that we have too few guns and we need to arm scared Northsiders like yourself - but the problem is anyone can walk over to Indiana, buy what he wants, and sell it on the street in Chicago.
The city has strict gun laws because Indiana doesnt.

Really?

This from the guy giving me smack about if I am afraid of walking neighborhoods at night?

I spend a lot of time on the South side - and thats South of Roosevelt, my friend (thats apparently pants-wetting territory for you) - and I can tell you the problem is not that we have too few guns and we need to arm scared Northsiders like yourself - but the problem is anyone can walk over to Indiana, buy what he wants, and sell it on the street in Chicago.

That's a nice story but I didn't have a chance to get my popcorn

:popcorn2:

Ah, there we go...

Yer funny...LOL, I lived in Roseland, my friend....in my yoot I hung in Englewood, but keep up your schpeal, IIT campus is real spookie...OOGEY WOOGEY BOOGEY!!!

:lamo

Choosing to not consort with a certain element equates to fear huh?

Got it! :thumbs:

Keep living that thug life there, Tupac...

That's a nice story but I didn't have a chance to get my popcorn

:popcorn2:

Ah, there we go...

Yer funny...LOL, I lived in Roseland, my friend....in my yoot I hung in Englewood, but keep up your schpeal, IIT campus is real spookie...OOGEY WOOGEY BOOGEY!!!

Choosing to not consort with a certain element equates to fear huh?

Got it! :thumbs:

Keep living that thug life there, Tupac...

Why am I guessing you lived there in the 50s?

Really?

Riiiiiiiiiiiight. THATS the problem.

I realize it may be a new concept for you.
Yep. I have this silly notion that people that commit violent acts tend to be the ones responsible for the commission of violent acts. Responsibility...shocking, right?

They were celebrating the 4th. with bangs. Obviously, Chicago needs a new police commissioner and a new mayor, or, more guns.

Back
Top Bottom