• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Forget the Alamo

We all like things clear, simple, and black & white. Reality though, unfortunately, usually just comes in various shades of grey.
Wrong, there is no shades of grey. The Texans were good and Santa Ana was evil. Even Mexicans don’t like Santa Ana

Yes! Proud, freedom loving Americans need to look to the Chinese communists for how to do it right!

They’re not wrong. It’s hard to have a functioning society when parasites who want to destroy it for profit are aloud to promulgate false ideas

I more or less categorically can't trust any historian pontificating about "whiteness" to render a fair and objective account of any event in North American history.

It's a shame, because it might be a fascinating book. Even so, who can trust a book that ostensibly advertises an anti-white bias in the synopsis? I want the truth, not "a more nuanced and inclusive story" or a screed about "celebrating whiteness".
And it’s likely going to be entirely claptrap.

The new narrative the left is forming to try to destroy Texan identity is that evil racist white slave owners just decided to up and steal Texas from brown Mexicans even though the Mexican elite was entirely white (and still are today, they are called “fresas” the Spanish for strawberry, or “güeros”) and mixed race Tejanos largely joined with white Texians. They ignore that Santa Ana was a petty tyrant whos usurpation of power triggered multiple secessions from Mexico.

They’re not wrong. It’s hard to have a functioning society when parasites who want to destroy it for profit are aloud to promulgate false ideas

Yes. Trump is the most prominent one. We should start with him.

Whiteness is a social construct and a way that society expects people to be, but doesnt necessarily define an individual and i dont find it anti white people. Context is key. Its an analysis of social phenomena, not biological or innate properties.
Whiteness is a fictional construct by anti-white racists, it is not even a social construct. That’s a lie

Yes. Trump is the most prominent one. We should start with him.
No, Trump is the reaction to people like you, and when the interregnum is over and he’s re-elected in 2024 I think he’ll now know the left needs to be punished and not worked with

Sounds like a culture destroying leftist who should be put in a re-education camp

Another day, another round of EMN revealing his anti American bias and hatred for the constitution.

Whiteness is a social construct and a way that society expects people to be, but doesnt necessarily define an individual and i dont find it anti white people. Context is key. Its an analysis of social phenomena, not biological or innate properties.
That sounds like what the Right says about POC.

No, Trump is the reaction to people like you, and when the interregnum is over and he’s re-elected in 2024 I think he’ll now know the left needs to be punished and not worked with

Trump is a desperate attempt to maintain hegemonic power by a demographic- much like Bashar El Assad with the Alawites in Syria. He is their strong man who keeps their demographic in power- and will do whatever brutality is needed to keep it like that, including massacring the whole rest of the country if need be.

We need to be more like Bashar El Assad. Crack some skulls! Because what patriotic freedom loving Americans do!

This thread got me to thinking about the history that I have been exposed to. I think one of our issues is that there is a segment of the population that cannot come to grips with the fact that much of our history has been polished to show no warts. As technology and communication become better, we are exposed to the discrepancies with reality and what we have been led to believe.
Liberals run the education system in this country. Take it up with them.

Revealing choice of word.

Liberals run the education system in this country. Take it up with them.
All you are good for is drive bys, make me a drink….oh, that’s right…….NB.

All you are good for is drive bys, make me a drink….oh, that’s right…….NB.
You couldn't substantiate that if your life depended on it. I post a lot of threads, and participate in them. You're all about your political narrative, and highjacking threads with deflection. You want a better education system (e.g., history education), change it, do something about it. But teaching CRT Marxism ain't it.

This thread got me to thinking about the history that I have been exposed to. I think one of our issues is that there is a segment of the population that cannot come to grips with the fact that much of our history has been polished to show no warts. As technology and communication become better, we are exposed to the discrepancies with reality and what we have been led to believe.
Yeah, what’s wrong with that?

The majority of people have no need to view historical events with any nuance at all and teaching the sanitized version to revere creates a unified and coherent society.

Teaching people their forbears are evil and need to be condemn breaks their connection to the past and causes them to become angry depressive people with no duty to the future as well as the past, and creates no positive benefit for society.

The majority of people have no need to view historical events with any nuance at all and teaching the sanitized version to revere creates a unified and coherent society.

Teaching people their forbears are evil and need to be condemn breaks their connection to the past and causes them to become angry depressive people with no duty to the future as well as the past, and creates no positive benefit for society.
The problem is, if you build a unified and coherent society using a false version of history, then later on, when the falsehoods are inevitably exposed, your unity and coherence will crumble to dust. Far better to build your foundation upon the truth instead.

The problem is, if you build a unified and coherent society using a false version of history, then later on, when the falsehoods are inevitably exposed, your unity and coherence will crumble to dust. Far better to build your foundation upon the truth instead.
No, the problem with that is that it’s culturally acceptable to defame and slander historical figures.

In most cases, the stories previously told about our national heroes, was simply stories told from an honorable slant that were mostly true. However most of the revisionist historian’s are making complete lies. For example most everything taught about Christopher Columbus is simply a lie. It’s not even history taught in a different context, it is flat out lies.

Cultural desecration should be a felony

Unsure why we are having this debate, the battle of the Alamo was one fight in a series of engagements. To say that the entire campaign was "whiteness" against the Spanish takes the entire conflict and confines it in today's political take on race.

At the time race had nothing to do with it, the entire thing was about land and who would ultimately own it.

And BTW, it did not start and stop with the Alamo nor what we call Texas today. From the Spanish, really Mexican, point of view the entire thing is still taught as a rebellion against their government.

History does not need to be rewritten here washed in today's political correctness.

Also, others are right, not only is the Alamo a disappointment as a landmark but the whole thing was Hollywood sensationalized (to put it mildly.)

I’ve seen that, Carnegie was one of the robber barons, right?
Indeed he was and as an example of his greed. One of his steel plants was doing fine, it was profitable. Carnegie decided it wasn't profitable enough so he instructed his work force they will be working ten hour days six days a week and taking a pay cut.

Can’t say it better than post # 40 @Irredentist

Can’t say it better than post # 40 @Irredentist
You’re right about that. You can’t make any better a case because you’re the ones who are lying about history and so you have to couch your evil objectives in moralistic terms

You couldn't substantiate that if your life depended on it. I post a lot of threads, and participate in them. You're all about your political narrative, and highjacking threads with deflection. You want a better education system (e.g., history education), change it, do something about it. But teaching CRT Marxism ain't it.
You do know about the “search” function, right?

No, the problem with that is that it’s culturally acceptable to defame and slander historical figures.

In most cases, the stories previously told about our national heroes, was simply stories told from an honorable slant that were mostly true. However most of the revisionist historian’s are making complete lies. For example most everything taught about Christopher Columbus is simply a lie. It’s not even history taught in a different context, it is flat out lies.

Cultural desecration should be a felony

Growing up, many kids idolize their parents almost to the point of godlike status. But as they become adults, they begin to see them as humans, complete with all their faults, foibles, and eccentricities. Granted, some parents are absolute psychopaths. But for the most part, seeing these vulnerabilities does not destroy the parent/child relationship, but often only deepens it. Most of us can live without myths.

You’re right about that. You can’t make any better a case because you’re the ones who are lying about history and so you have to couch your evil objectives in moralistic terms
1634219743859.jpeg

Growing up, many kids idolize their parents almost to the point of godlike status. But as they become adults, they begin to see them as humans, complete with all their faults, foibles, and eccentricities. Granted, some parents are absolute psychopaths. But for the most part, seeing these vulnerabilities does not destroy the relationship, but often on the defensive. Most of us can live without myths.
No, you cannot live without myths. That’s why the left is promoting their racism, because they are replacing the founding myths of America with a new set of myths. Unlike the old ones though which were based in truths, theirs are based in lies.

And besides you can see the game by how they treat different people. Odd how no lefties are ever demanding a more shades of grey history of Martin Luther King Jr as a sexual deviant and philo-communist.

No, you cannot live without myths. That’s why the left is promoting their racism, because they are replacing the founding myths of America with a new set of myths. Unlike the old ones though which were based in truths, theirs are based in lies.

And besides you can see the game by how they treat different people. Odd how no lefties are ever demanding a more shades of grey history of Martin Luther King Jr as a sexual deviant and philo-communist.

Interesting. But maybe we can have myths for the masses, but see the shades of grey ourselves. I have read the shades of grey in MLK. I’m OK with that. Could it be not all of us need myths?

Back
Top Bottom