• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

For those of you who use online dating

I date women younger than you do and I am older than you. Attractive women.

I don't lie to them.
------------------

I suggest you do.

Peace
Are you very attractive? Can I see a picture of you?

No and no.

What a weird thing to ask.
The way you talked, you sounded like you were quite attractive. You were apparently bagging women much younger so I was curious to see what you looked like. But if you don't want to share your pic, that's fine with me.

The way you talked, you sounded like you were quite attractive. You were apparently bagging women much younger so I was curious to see what you looked like. But if you don't want to share your pic, that's fine with me.

How old are you?

I’m glad I’m not dating anymere. This whole online thing is not my style at all. I was more of an approach ‘em when I see ‘em kind of guy.

Granted, the odds of success were always in the one out of ten range, but that was half the fun. Now, I’m the one saying, “I’m married,” or when that fails to deter, “I’m in a happy, committed relationship, can we just be friends?”

Thank god I found my wife before online dating became the norm. It looks miserable and everybody I know who uses it is miserable.

I’m glad I’m not dating anymere. This whole online thing is not my style at all. I was more of an approach ‘em when I see ‘em kind of guy.
I am the same way. I prefer meeting people in real life. It's more natural, more "organic" that way.

There are simply things about a person that you cannot observe online, their mannerism being just one thing I can think of.

Are you very attractive? Can I see a picture of you?
tenor.gif

I date women younger than you do and I am older than you.

Thats odd, since I didnt mention the ages of any women I'm dating.
Attractive women.

Uh huh. Regular Playboy bunnies I'll bet. You Studly. 😂

I don't lie to them.

Cool. I couldn't care less if you lie to them or not. I guarantee they're lying to you. Bout lots of stuff.
I suggest you do.

Suggest away. But I'll probably go ahead and keep doing what I do, it works well for me and thats really what I care about.(y)
Its funny that I dont give a crap what you do, but you seem to care about what I do. I dont recall asking you for your "suggestions".
If I dont specifically ask you for them: you can assume they are unwanted. And unneeded.

you sounded like you were quite attractive.

I am old and average.

You were apparently bagging women much younger

No I am not. I date women that appeal to me.

That you don't understand where I am coming from is why you need to lie about your age (and other things I am sure)

That you don't understand where I am coming from is why you need to lie about your age (and other things I am sure)
There is no need to act like an ass to me.

I am the same way. I prefer meeting people in real life. It's more natural, more "organic" that way.

There are simply things about a person that you cannot observe online, their mannerism being just one thing I can think of.
Back in the day, we'd do occasional blind dates. "Hey, I have a single friend, you just have to meet!"

Those rarely worked out. And, even if the date went well, there was always something missing, so no second call ever came from them.

Dating blind definitely didn't compare to asking out some girl you met in Psychology class. Hell, even if that date flopped, you at least swung for something you actually wanted and not something someone else thinks you want.

Back in the day, we'd do occasional blind dates. "Hey, I have a single friend, you just have to meet!"

Those rarely worked out. And, even if the date went well, there was always something missing, so no second call ever came from them.

Dating blind definitely didn't compare to asking out some girl you met in Psychology class. Hell, even if that date flopped, you at least swung for something you actually wanted and not something someone else thinks you want.
My parents met on a blind date.

To be honest, if it's just a sex thing with no intention of intimacy or long-term relation, then age doesn't really matter. It's all about looks and attraction. Some people psychologically are unattracted to people "too old" but then if you take the same profile content and put a younger age on it, they're suddenly into it. Never made sense to me really. In those cases, if lying increases your chances then I guess it's not a big deal. If you're trying to build relationships then starting out with a lie is pretty bad and I wouldn't be into that.

I find online dating horrible and I'm glad I met my life partner at a common interest event.

So you are online dating or you're not? Why are you asking other's for pictures of themselves when you won't even tell us your age?

My parents met on a blind date.
Don’t get me wrong. I didn’t say they don’t work for some. I said they don’t work for me.

I tend to covet what I see, not what’s presented on my plate.

I wasn't implying otherwise.
My current wife magically appeared at our table out on the patio of a local establishment, sitting there alone when me and the boys returned from burning one out back. Turns out she was a friend of one of the other guys’ girlfriend. We ended up talking the rest of the night but didn’t hook up again until weeks later.

That’s the kind of “blind date” I can appreciate.

Some people do indeed look younger for their age. I guess you are one of the lucky ones.

i met this asian lady who said she was in her fifties

she literally looked like she was in her twenties

i would have guessed 26 or something.

she gets ID'd sometimes for alchohol even lol

Have you thought about lying about your age?

And for those of you who don't use online dating, how bad do you think it would be?

Thanks.

i told a girl i was 21 once

a few months later she saw my ID that i was 23 and got pissed and left

mind you we were both starting to see that we werent a very good match anyway so that is probobly a big part of the reason she left so easily and i didnt chase her afterwards

if we were madly in love she probbly would not have minded

Back
Top Bottom