• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

For those of you who use online dating

Tiny

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Slightly Conservative
Have you thought about lying about your age?

And for those of you who don't use online dating, how bad do you think it would be?

Thanks.

And for those of you who don't use online dating, how bad do you think it would be?

Thanks.

Why would you lie about your age?

I don’t lie about my age, nor do I advertise it. It’s irrelevant, IMHO. As one of my doctors told me “you present younger”.

I don’t lie about my age, nor do I advertise it. It’s irrelevant, IMHO. As one of my doctors told me “you present younger”.
Some people do indeed look younger for their age. I guess you are one of the lucky ones.

I get that pretty often, too.

I actually look slightly younger than me age too, though not by much.

Thanks.

I shave 5 years off. Could maybe get away with shaving 10 off.
I still look pretty young and am in good shape.
If I met someone on there and there was any chemistry, I'd come clean right away, probably on the first date.
Just out with it: "Look, I lied about my age and I want to be honest with you because I like you."
Theres no great sin in that man, its one of those little white lies. I wouldn't get uptight about that.

If I met someone on there and there was any chemistry, I'd come clean right away, probably on the first date.
Just out with it: "Look, I lied about my age and I want to be honest with you because I like you."
Theres no great sin in that man, its one of those little white lies. I wouldn't get uptight about that.

Yeah, if I went out on a first date and the guy said he lied about his age, that would be the last date. I don't understand the point of lying in the first place.

Yeah, if I went out on a first date and the guy said he lied about his age, that would be the last date. I don't understand the point of lying in the first place.

OK. Well then I guess you and I wouldn't have a second date. Suit yourself.
Your loss.
🤷‍♂️

Put’s a new spin on “don’t ask, don’t tell”.

Can I ask you how old you are, if you don't mind.

If you want you can send me a PM too.

never crossed my mind

Doing so shows a lack of confidence in yourself for those that do.
Plus, for those that want a relationship and not a hook up, what would you think of someone who lied to you to attract you?
I'd flush them on principle once I found out.

But what if he was really funny and charming and you really liked him.

Some people do indeed look younger for their age. I guess you are one of the lucky ones.

Ever hear of a doctor telling a patient that they look older than their age? LOL

Can I ask you how old you are, if you don't mind.

If you want you can send me a PM too.

I dont really care.
I'm 54. 49 sounds better. LOL.

I've had a few decent conversations with a few women online, actually its not bad for that. If you really want to search through larger numbers of people its best to use all the tools at your disposal including the Internet.
It does start to seem so superficial and phony though, it did to me.
For instance: I once had a lady on there ask me to take a close up photo of my teeth so she could see if I have good teeth?
Now: I take pretty good care of my teeth and have a good smile, but I'm not going to take a freaking picture of my teeth so you can check them as if I were a horse. Thats just too much.
It was shortly after that when I stopped going on that dating site. Met a few cute women on there though.

Why would you lie like that?

(rhetorical, think about it)

But what if he was really funny and charming and you really liked him.

I would question why such a nice guy had to lie.

For instance: I once had a lady on there ask me to take a close up photo of my teeth so she could see if I have good teeth?

I had a woman ask to see my 1099. It was an upscale dating site so I was already pretty well vetted.
Although I can understand her concern, that was a bridge too far.

Why would you lie like that?

(rhetorical, think about it)

very simple:
I want to seem younger than I actually am.
I like younger women. I dont want to date a woman my own age. Most of the people I hang out with are younger than I am.
Theres no great mystery there at all, I'm honest about it. Dont really have to "think about it".
very simple answer.

very simple:
I want to seem younger than I actually am.
I like younger women. I dont want to date a woman my own age. Most of the people I hang out with are younger than I am.
Theres no great mystery there at all, I'm honest about it. Dont really have to "think about it".
very simple answer.

I date women younger than you do and I am older than you. Attractive women.

I don't lie to them.
------------------

I suggest you do.

Peace

Back
Top Bottom