• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

for men - What would you do ?

what would you do

• l would only care about my own life

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
But if your first thought is your own safety, and not for stopping terrible harm from coming to your wife, then something's straight up wrong with you.

I agree with that.

Because the best future you can give your wife and children is that 30 years for now, they and maybe some grandchildren would be get to stand at your gravestone on the anniversary of your murder. She can explain who the grandfather she never met was. And, hopefully, there is a man standing with her that she loves as much as she did you so long, long ago - and hopefully that man loves her and loves your children as much as you did long long ago. Hopefully, it didn't take her too long to find a complete replacement for you - if that even theoretically possible.

My wife likes macho men far more than most women probably do and she definitedly got herself a real macho "knuckle-dragging neanderthal" too. But not THAT much of one to "throw his life away" in a pointless and suicidal ego rage likely to assure you are both murdered. After killing you he has no choice but to kill you too. Regardless of that, I gather you have not been around much actually real assaultive violence.

Are you REALLY that worthless to your wife and children? Is your ego that totally and suicidally out of control? "Earth to Major Tom..."

I say it again . . . if your first instinct, when your wife is about to raped, is about yourself, then there's something wrong with you.

as a woman , if l really believe he deserves my devotion , l would do everything to protect him.

Does this mean you will offer yourself to the rapist to save your husband's life?

P.S. Sorry, no time to go through all the discussion, so I may repeat somebody.

I say it again . . . if your first instinct, when your wife is about to raped, is about yourself, then there's something wrong with you.

The question isn't "what would be your first instinct." The question is "what would you do?" - and a person can try to guess that they'd do (which you did) - or a person could figure what should I do - and entirely different question. I faced lots and lots and lots violence in my life - and learned the only rational thought process is "what should I do?" - not "what do I want to do?" While it isn't THE top of the list, avoiding death is pretty high up there. Avoiding anyone's death - and I am on that list. My children and wife's life even higher up.

And I'll say again that if that really was your "instinct," it is a highly defective one that isn't about her at all, but only your ego and is entirely against her self interests. Its just you suiciding because you couldn't deal being with a wife who had been raped. It would be just too ego unbearable to you. And its as tactically stupid as it gets.

Where my answer would change if he then wanted to tie me up. I am certain my wife and I would immediately attack on the slimmest of chances that one of us might get to him while still alive and function - for which if I did he's dead and if she did there's a fair chance he would be too. BUT, if not, then it best for both of us to die right then - because our deaths are certain once I was tied up, with it only a question of how much her and I suffer until the inevitable death comes.

Although most people don't grasp the distinction, sometimes there is a decisive difference between yielding and being captured.

Does this mean you will offer yourself to the rapist to save your husband's life?

The biggest issue is that no self respecting man IMO would ask that of her, I know I'd rather die than have the woman I love raped.

The question isn't "what would be your first instinct." The question is "what would you do?" - and a person can try to guess that they'd do (which you did) - or a person could figure what should I do - and entirely different question. I faced lots and lots and lots violence in my life - and learned the only rational thought process is "what should I do?" - not "what do I want to do?" While it isn't THE top of the list, avoiding death is pretty high up there. Avoiding anyone's death - and I am on that list. My children and wife's life even higher up.
Agree here, the first question should be "what should I do"
And I'll say again that if that really was your "instinct," it is a highly defective one that isn't about her at all, but only your ego and is entirely against her self interests. Its just you suiciding because you couldn't deal being with a wife who had been raped. It would be just too ego unbearable to you. And its as tactically stupid as it gets.
50/50 here, if the effort is based on pride then it's a waste of life. If that person sacrifices their life for the wife to get away because it would kill them internally for her to suffer(my stance, I take my loved ones very seriously, they are above me in my mind) then that desire to keep them safe is not a waste.

Where my answer would change if he then wanted to tie me up. I am certain my wife and I would immediately attack on the slimmest of chances that one of us might get to him while still alive and function - for which if I did he's dead and if she did there's a fair chance he would be too. BUT, if not, then it best for both of us to die right then - because our deaths are certain once I was tied up, with it only a question of how much her and I suffer until the inevitable death comes.
Once you lose control of the situation completely, absolutely.

Although most people don't grasp the distinction, sometimes there is a decisive difference between yielding and being captured.[/QUOTE]

The biggest issue is that no self respecting man IMO would ask that of her, I know I'd rather die than have the woman I love raped.

OK, but if your woman sacrifices her to save your ass, would you accept it? If she would bag you to stay away and stay alive?

OK, but if your woman sacrifices her to save your ass, would you accept it? If she would bag you to stay away and stay alive?
Tough question, honestly I think the protection instinct would kick in and I would tell her to just run fast and get away.

Tough question, honestly I think the protection instinct would kick in and I would tell her to just run fast and get away.

That's fine, but try overwhelm a gun with bare hands. :roll: There is chance though if you get shot or killed, the shooter would be shocked and his desire for raping would evaporate, he runs and you will save your woman. But it may not.

Yeah, it's a very tough situation.

I think most wives would do that to save their husbands' lives. Just as I think most husbands wouldn't want them to. Put two people who love each other in such an impossible situation and that is the kind of disagreement that will arise. That is what a real man and a real woman do, they put their loved ones first.

That's fine, but try overwhelm a gun with bare hands. :roll: There is chance though if you get shot or killed, the shooter would be shocked and his desire for raping would evaporate, he runs and you will save your woman. But it may not.

Yeah, it's a very tough situation.
Oh, trust me I know that trying to disarm an armed attacker is a suicide mission. It all comes down to the situation but if it's my life or my loved one's safety as an only choice I will make the sacrifice.

I think most wives would do that to save their husbands' lives. Just as I think most husbands wouldn't want them to. Put two people who love each other in such an impossible situation and that is the kind of disagreement that will arise. That is what a real man and a real woman do, they put their loved ones first.
I really think that is the true 50/50 in a loving couple, any person who would harm either would have pure hell from their partner.

Oh, trust me I know that trying to disarm an armed attacker is a suicide mission. It all comes down to the situation but if it's my life or my loved one's safety as an only choice I will make the sacrifice.

Or zap him with a spell. :smileyfart

Let's pray and hope to never face such a situation, because theory is one thing, real life is another.

Or zap him with a spell. :smileyfart

Let's pray and hope to never face such a situation, because theory is one thing, real life is another.
I've gone against armed assailants before, would rather not do it again. I'm no "theoretical hero" as I would rather never have to make those choices, I just know what is important to me personally.

I would do the exact same thing other people do in that situation. They watch their wife get raped in horror. There is not much you can do. The situation will not be any better for your wife, if she sees you getting shot. There was just a similar story in the media recently about a Norwegian couple. They were driving on the road in South Africa, and got stopped by robbers. They raped his girlfriend, and robbed them. Like most people, he just had to watch.

However, if I have a gun, then it is a different situation. I would take out my gun and shoot him, when he is busy dealing with my wife.

Last edited:
I would do the exact same thing other people do in that situation. They watch their wife get raped in horror. There is not much you can do. The situation will not be any better for your wife, if she sees you getting shot.

However, if I have a gun, then it is a different situation. I would take out my gun and shoot him, when he is busy dealing with my wife.
This is about a worst case scenario obviously. In the best circumstance I hear someone trying to breech the perimeter, arm up, and the second they cross the home/property plane they are dead. If they gain the advantage things change, but under any circumstances I would gladly die to give loved ones a fighting chance to escape, hopefully ****ing up the perp permanently in the process.

This is about a worst case scenario obviously. In the best circumstance I hear someone trying to breech the perimeter, arm up, and the second they cross the home/property plane they are dead. If they gain the advantage things change, but under any circumstances I would gladly die to give loved ones a fighting chance to escape, hopefully ****ing up the perp permanently in the process.
I am not sure what you are trying to say.

But you are not helping your wife by offering yourself. I am quite sure your wife (if you have one) would prefer getting raped, than seeing you die. You are causing more harm by offering yourself. Also, offering yourself does not mean she avoids getting raped.

I am not sure what you are trying to say.

But you are not helping your wife by offering yourself. I am quite sure your wife (if you have one) would prefer getting raped, than seeing you die. You are causing more harm by offering yourself. Also, offering yourself does not mean she avoids getting raped.
What I am trying to say is that I would rather die than have my wife raped because I wouldn't want her to suffer that, obviously if I'm in a situation where I'm trading my life I lost, but the intention would be to take the guy out of the gene pool completely. Worst case scenario I die, best case scenario the attacker dies, but if the wife escapes without harm, win/win for me.

What I am trying to say is that I would rather die than have my wife raped because I wouldn't want her to suffer that, obviously if I'm in a situation where I'm trading my life I lost, but the intention would be to take the guy out of the gene pool completely. Worst case scenario I die, best case scenario the attacker dies, but if the wife escapes without harm, win/win for me.

The only way you could win in such a situation is if you have a gun or highly skilled in martial arts. That's why I said I would do something if I have a gun, but I wouldn't do anything if I didn't.

Currently I have no gun, because it is pretty much illegal where I live and you certainly can't carry it around or use it for self defense.

Just one thing. While I said I wouldn't do anything if I didn't have gun, I would have done something if I had the possibility to knock him out with a baseball for instance.

Because that is exactly how he is treating her if he believes her life is more valuable than his. Then what makes a woman's life more valuable then, that we would expect a man to jump in an get himself killed trying to save a woman from rape?

And here is that entitlement mentality again... Expecting a man to get himself killed to protect her.. Because if he does not, he is handing his wife over to the rapist. Perfect example of a woman who is completely blind to her own hypocrisy as most women are in the states. I assume you would not think a woman was handing over her husband or her kids to a rapist if the rapist was holding her at gunpoint while raping them. Does this only work one way? Are you going to just come out and admit it or am i going to have to argue your hypocrisy out of you?

Do you expect a woman to attack a gunmen raping her husband or her children. And would you call a woman who does not, a coward?

If you honestly hold this view equally between the sexes, then that's wonderful. But I am willing to bet my paycheck that the vast majority of the American public / American Women would not agree with you. If the majority of women still think men should pay for a date, you think they think women should step in and take a bullet to save her husband?

More wisdom from Mr Manly.

Id rather be a coward then dead. My wife will heal and my "ass" will heal. People who's pride is worth more than their life are in my opinion, moronic cavemen.

if a man with a gun wanted to rape your wife and threatened to kill you if you attempt to attack him to protect yourself and your wife ,what would your reaction be ?

as a woman , if l really believe he deserves my devotion , l would do everything to protect him.

so he must do the same thing ,l believe.

Since I live in a nation with a police force, I don't have to do anything. I can just call 911, and sit back and wait, confident that the all-powerful State will be there to take care of us, and that the criminal in question will calmly agree to wait for them to arrive before he engages in any perfidious deeds.

Since I live in a nation with a police force, I don't have to do anything. I can just call 911, and sit back and wait, confident that the all-powerful State will be there to take care of us, and that the criminal in question will calmly agree to wait for them to arrive before he engages in any perfidious deeds.

do you live in a dreamworld ?

:2razz:

l didnt mean that.

but if he can die for me ,l can do anything for him..

Back
Top Bottom