• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Food prices are going up — and at levels Americans haven't seen in decades

Schism

Destroyer of Propaganda
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
Food prices are going up — and at levels Americans haven't seen in decades

Thanks to Joe Biden and Democratic Party policy. This is what they want. This is what democrats voted for.

It happens every single time a Dem is elected President. I feel bad for the poorest in our country, because they were lied to

I think on the fiscal side the Covid stimulus was a bit too much, but this inflation is happening all over the world, even in previously “deflationary” or “disinflationary” economies like Germany and Britain. So I would place the major blame on lax central bankers, who hit the gas in 2020 with free money, thinking any inflation due to supply disruptions would be transitory. Some of it is probably wage-driven, also.

how is the free market the fault of the president? Also, I just bought a gallon of milk for $1.75. Prices haven't went up that much.
We don't buy much meat being vegetarians, but I make food for the dog because
a it is cheaper
b I know what is in it
A lb of ground beef went from $8 to $ 12 withing a 2 week period. I yet have to convince the dog to eat home made sprouts.

Wow
Just don't eat if you are having trouble paying for necessary nourishment.
Which meal will you skip?
And put on your walking shoes. Because gas prices are just like food. Going up!
Eh, I decided to make a post like one of the libertarians around here...

how is the free market the fault of the president? Also, I just bought a gallon of milk for $1.75. Prices haven't went up that much.
Inflation at a 40 year high! Guess someone does shopping for you?

a it is cheaper
b I know what is in it
A lb of ground beef went from $8 to $ 12 withing a 2 week period. I yet have to convince the dog to eat home made sprouts.
good lord, where do you live that ground beef costs $12 a pound? I bought ground beef for $5 at the same time I bought the milk...and it is the grass fed stuff.

Utter Nonsense from Biden on Gas Prices

Tyson has defended its actions. In a statement to CNBC, the company said, “Economists and industry analysts confirm that today’s higher meat prices are a direct result of constrained supplies due to the labor shortage, higher input costs for such things as grain, labor and fuel, and stronger consumer demand.”

a it is cheaper
b I know what is in it

They say that dogs can eat a vegan diet.

a it is cheaper
b I know what is in it
I make my dogs food too, but I use ground turkey and then add green beans and sweet potato.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…