• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Food prices are going up — and at levels Americans haven't seen in decades

Can't respond to the GAO citation which refutes your assertion
WTF are you on about? I have never denied there have been, as the GAO noted, $4.6 trillion in federal outlays for COVID-19 since early 2020. I have refuted beyond a reasonable doubt that your earlier post was pure nonsense... a case of fundamental reading comprehension errors. And like a good GQP cultist, you won't relent.
so run and hide behind thread topic?
What do i have to hide from? You are the one who can't seem to get anything right.
OK. Good to know that you do that type of thing, when refuted.
Refuted by what?
  • COVID spending $6.6 trillion in fiscal 2020
  • $6.8 trillion more COVID in 2021 - Both years equaled at least 50% more in spending than in 2019—and all for “Covid.”
  • Only a year ago, Democrats waved through a sixth Covid relief bill, President Biden’s massive $1.9 trillion American Rescue Plan—enough money to buy every Covid vaccine, ventilator, and hospital chain on the planet.
  • Only this week, the White House put out a $5.8 trillion 2023 budget proposal. Yet the administration insists that without $22.5 billion in emergency dollars now, we again face Covid apocalypse.
Why We Are Covid Broke
All Washington knows how to do is spend money—and it can’t even do that well.
Kimberley A. Strassel, March 31, 2022​
So let's add this up.
$6.6T
$6.8T

===
$13.4T Total in 2 years
How does a GAO link that shows $4.6 trillion in COVID relief refute my dismissal of the trash you posted above? If i posted what you did above, i would be so embarrassed, i'd delete my account.

WTF are you on about? I have never denied there have been, as the GAO noted, $4.6 trillion in federal outlays for COVID-19 since early 2020. I have refuted beyond a reasonable doubt that your earlier post was pure nonsense... a case of fundamental reading comprehension errors. And like a good GQP cultist, you won't relent.

What do i have to hide from? You are the one who can't seem to get anything right.

Refuted by what?

How does a GAO link that shows $4.6 trillion in COVID relief refute my dismissal of the trash you posted above? If i posted what you did above, i would be so embarrassed, i'd delete my account.
Isn't $4.6T, the cited GAO number, closer than what you were asserting was the case?

"How could anyone forget about the $1.2 trillion in COVID-19 S.S. outlays for FY 2021? What about the $750 billion in COVID-19 defense spending?"

In the quote below:
fredgraph.png

How could anyone forget about the $1.2 trillion in COVID-19 S.S. outlays for FY 2021? What about the $750 billion in COVID-19 defense spending?

:ROFLMAO:

It's almost as though you're being paid to make your fellow GQP'ers look like fools. The sad part, you folks do it for free.
You calling anyone with whom you disagree political, denigrating them, insulting them, it part of the larger problem, one which you continue.

Your partisan shit stinks just as bad.

Have a nice day. We are done here.

Isn't $4.6T, the cited GAO number, closer than what you were asserting was the case?
No. I never asserted anything. I simply refuted your bullshit narrative that $13.4 trillion in COVID-19 spending in two years. It's painfully obvious... you have trouble comprehending what you read.
"How could anyone forget about the $1.2 trillion in COVID-19 S.S. outlays for FY 2021? What about the $750 billion in COVID-19 defense spending?"
Social Security has been an outlay since 1937. Defense spending? I mean....
You calling anyone with whom you disagree political, denigrating them, insulting them, it part of the larger problem, one which you continue.
My wrath has nothing to do with politics. It's fact vs. fiction. Truth vs. lie. Trump GQP cultists are the single biggest threat this nation has faced since the civil war. Not because they have different political beliefs, but because they are not interested in operating in reality. They create their own facts and hide behind their opinions formulated from falsehoods.
Your partisan shit stinks just as bad.
Please keep posting. Your presence (along with a great deal of your fellow cultists) is a testament to failure.
We are done here.
This is what... the third time you've made this statement. Perhaps it's a charm?

Not a response to the question posed.
No then if the money supply doubled, the purchasing power of each dollar would remain the same? I find that hard to believe, and yet, seems what you are proposing here.
Yes, when more dollars are chasing after the same goods and services, the price of those goods and services go up, so in effect the purchasing power of those dollars, their value, goes down.
This seems to make good sense.
You want to panacea like blame it all on COVID. Seriously? That position doesn't hold much credibility with me. What of all the 'Our economy is doing great' cheering over the last year? Just so much more political gaslighting would be my guess.
All I know is that inflation is eating away at my purchasing power, deflating the value of my retirement nest egg, my pay check, my bank account balance.
I also know the Fed run the monetary system which was ****ing invented to manage shit like this, and they clearly aren't.
Biden and his anti-oil policies make each trip to the gas station a new PITA.
So much for government being efficient or effective at what should be their core competencies, so failing performance as usual. Vote all the bums out. ****'em all.
And, yes, I'm pissed off. And, yes, I'll take it out on the Democrats when I enter the voting booth for both midterms and in 2024. You can chose to agree or disagree, I really don't care.
1649608520408.png

Last edited:
Your chart ends in January. Get up to speed.
Im referencing the PCE index which was reflective going to February.

Nevertheless, you continue to miss the point. Various price indices we're reflective of pandemic related disinflation going back a year. Hence, when an index surges, YoY change will surge until the indices catch up . As we get into May and June, there won't be any more disinflationary data points being reflected in YoY change.

That's what transitory means. You could have saved us both time by looking it up, but i doubt you're capable of comprehending the concept.
Are you literally ignorant of the facts, or being purposely misleading?
🤣

I explained the concept of transitory inflation. That's not to say the entirety of our inflationary conundrum is based on transitioning from a pandemic induced economic downturn, but that's beyond the scope of this exchange.

That's a lie. Nobody voted for a global supply chain shortage caused by a pandemic or for the oil companies to conspire to keep prices high.

Why do you post this crap when you know it's not true?
Because the majority of the GOP lack critical thinking skills.

God forbid if they should scratch beyond a slogan or bumper sticker.

or for the oil companies to conspire to keep prices high.
That's not fair though. Energy producers had gotten their asses handed to them in 2020... these prices levels are vital for the industry.

Smaller producers have been struggling for years which is observable in high-yield debt default rates.

Im referencing the PCE index which was reflective going to February.
Nevertheless, you continue to miss the point. Various price indices we're reflective of pandemic related disinflation going back a year. Hence, when an index surges, YoY change will surge until the indices catch up . As we get into May and June, there won't be any more disinflationary data points being reflected in YoY change.
That's what transitory means. You could have saved us both time by looking it up, but i doubt you're capable of comprehending the concept. 🤣
I explained the concept of transitory inflation. That's not to say the entirety of our inflationary conundrum is based on transitioning from a pandemic induced economic downturn, but that's beyond the scope of this exchange.
Great post and I am interested to see how the Zoomers and Millennials react, to the new interest rates and inflation...
-Peace
1649654780010.png

So what was Biden's policy, with congress approval, that happened to increase prices. Do give specifics.

Every decision he's made since he took oath has combined into the perfect storm, a Cat5 hurricane, spinning off tornados that destroy everything in their path. Go ahead, name any EO, directive, signed bill, or off the cuff remark, and you're staring at the root cause of this mess. Specifically, every single decision made by Mumbling Joe Brandon has been a colossal smoldering dung heap, wandering around the party waving and grabbing, hoping Obama sees him.

Open Border Crisis
Afghan withdrawal
Covid mandates
Brandon Flu
BBB
Infrastructure
Hunter
Bidenflation
Biden "I Did That!" Gas Hike
Lowest polls ever
Kept buying Russian Gas
"That's WW3 Man!"
Losing Party heading into November

" Do give specifics."

LOL! Your party is in shambles and your party's leader might not make it to 24.

Open Border Crisis
Afghan withdrawal
Covid mandates
Brandon Flu
BBB
Infrastructure
Hunter
Bidenflation
Biden "I Did That!" Gas Hike
Lowest polls ever
Kept buying Russian Gas
"That's WW3 Man!"
Losing Party heading into November
This is a lost bunch of nonsense. You aren't willing to understand what causes prices to rise... and are only boasting because it is a politically unfavorable circumstance.

Boring AF....

Back
Top Bottom