• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Food prices are going up — and at levels Americans haven't seen in decades

Schism

Destroyer of Propaganda
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
The United States Department of Agriculture released an update to its Food Price Outlook for 2022 and found that nearly everything one might ingest – whether it comes from the grocery store or restaurant – is going up in price.

And yes, that's on top of the price increases consumers have already been forced to endure in the last year.

"All food prices are now predicted to increase between 4.5 and 5.5%," the USDA's Economic Research Service explained in the March report.

While the overall increase is alarming, a closer look at various food categories show just how expensive shoppers can expect items to get, according to the USDA:

• Beef and veal: +16.2%
  • Pork: +14%
  • Poultry: +12.5%
  • Fish and seafood: +10.4%
  • Eggs: +11.4%
  • Dairy: +5.2%
  • Fats and oils: +11.7%
  • Fresh fruits: +10.6%
  • Fresh vegetables: +4.3%
  • Processed fruits and vegetables: +7.6%
  • Sugars and sweets: +7%
  • Cereals and bakery products: +7.8%

Thanks to Joe Biden and Democratic Party policy. This is what they want. This is what democrats voted for.

It happens every single time a Dem is elected President. I feel bad for the poorest in our country, because they were lied to

Thanks to Joe Biden and Democratic Party policy. This is what they want. This is what democrats voted for.

It happens every single time a Dem is elected President. I feel bad for the poorest in our country, because they were lied to

I think on the fiscal side the Covid stimulus was a bit too much, but this inflation is happening all over the world, even in previously “deflationary” or “disinflationary” economies like Germany and Britain. So I would place the major blame on lax central bankers, who hit the gas in 2020 with free money, thinking any inflation due to supply disruptions would be transitory. Some of it is probably wage-driven, also.

how is the free market the fault of the president? Also, I just bought a gallon of milk for $1.75. Prices haven't went up that much.
We don't buy much meat being vegetarians, but I make food for the dog because
a it is cheaper
b I know what is in it
A lb of ground beef went from $8 to $ 12 withing a 2 week period. I yet have to convince the dog to eat home made sprouts.

Wow
Just don't eat if you are having trouble paying for necessary nourishment.
Which meal will you skip?
And put on your walking shoes. Because gas prices are just like food. Going up!
Eh, I decided to make a post like one of the libertarians around here...:oops:

how is the free market the fault of the president? Also, I just bought a gallon of milk for $1.75. Prices haven't went up that much.
Inflation at a 40 year high! Guess someone does shopping for you?

a it is cheaper
b I know what is in it
A lb of ground beef went from $8 to $ 12 withing a 2 week period. I yet have to convince the dog to eat home made sprouts.
good lord, where do you live that ground beef costs $12 a pound? I bought ground beef for $5 at the same time I bought the milk...and it is the grass fed stuff.

Utter Nonsense from Biden on Gas Prices

It’s the Inflation, Stupid​

joe-biden-white-house-budget.jpg

No spin or blame-shifting can hide the dramatic cost-of-living increases. They’re sinking Biden’s presidency.

Joe Biden is engaged in the most extensive test since Jimmy Carter of whether an American president can survive elevated levels of inflation, and it’s not going well.
The latest NBC News poll has Biden at a dismal 40 percent approval rating that, if it doesn’t change, will end the careers of Democrats up and down the ballot in November’s midterm elections. According to the poll, only a third of people approve of Biden’s handling of the economy, a low that most presidents have needed a recession to hit. This number has sunk steadily — along with Biden’s overall standing — from 52 percent in April of last year.

Inflation, which increased 7.9 percent from February 2021 to February 2022, is top of mind for voters. In the survey, 35 percent of people said cost of living is the first- or second-most important issue to the country. Climate change, in contrast, is at 17 percent and the pandemic at 8. Given the choice, 68 percent would rather see Biden make reducing inflation and improving the economy his top priority, not the war in Ukraine.
Elevated inflation represents a trifecta of doom for incumbent presidents.

Tyson has defended its actions. In a statement to CNBC, the company said, “Economists and industry analysts confirm that today’s higher meat prices are a direct result of constrained supplies due to the labor shortage, higher input costs for such things as grain, labor and fuel, and stronger consumer demand.”

a it is cheaper
b I know what is in it

They say that dogs can eat a vegan diet.

a it is cheaper
b I know what is in it
I make my dogs food too, but I use ground turkey and then add green beans and sweet potato.

Back
Top Bottom