• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Florida tops 16,000 COVID cases Tuesday, highest daily new cases since January

WOM has FL with over 17,000, and TX with almost 10,000

How can I put this? Oh, living in Florida is like living with 7 million spoiled brats on a daily basis. If Florida wasn't large enough for one to get away from the Brats and also enjoy the Sane People who also live here, I'd moved permanently back to "Land down under". Florida has two classes of people: Donald Trump and Hillary/Sanders.
Look up "The Villages" in central Florida for the wackadoos. They're amazing in their total ignorance.

How can I put this? Oh, living in Florida is like living with 7 million spoiled brats on a daily basis. If Florida wasn't large enough for one to get away from the Brats and also enjoy the Sane People who also live here, I'd moved permanently back to "Land down under". Florida has two classes of people: Donald Trump and Hillary/Sanders.
Look up "The Villages" in central Florida for the wackadoos. They're amazing in their total ignorance.
I live within five miles of a part of the villages where they ride around in their golf carts and yell white power. It is huge, so big it's in three counties and still growing and a republican stronghold. Any republican candidate for senator, governor or president must stop at the villages. Let me also mention it's ninety nine percent white. It is the proverbial disneyland for retirees but it's not my cup of tea. I have my own little piece of heaven where I'm not crowded in like a sardine and no homeowners association to tell me what I can and can't do. Nice place, just not for me, too many 'entitled' people there for my tastes.

And yet I'm watching darth death desantis telling everyone no masks, no mandates, no closures, and no ****ing common sense from our governor.
Yes he is banking on covid going away like a miracle and in the meantime he is doing his best to fudge the numbers and downplay the surge as "seasonal". He can't even tell people to vaccinate without being called a sell-out by the right either. It is going to be hard for him to come back from this. What a shame....

I live within five miles of a part of the villages where they ride around in their golf carts and yell white power. It is huge, so big it's in three counties and still growing and a republican stronghold. Any republican candidate for senator, governor or president must stop at the villages. Let me also mention it's ninety nine percent white. It is the proverbial disneyland for retirees but it's not my cup of tea. I have my own little piece of heaven where I'm not crowded in like a sardine and no homeowners association to tell me what I can and can't do. Nice place, just not for me, too many 'entitled' people there for my tastes.
Yes I know what you mean. I found my place in the sun on Pine Island in SWFL. It's near Cape Coral but far enough so I do not have to deal with the crowds. No high rises either. Florida is a paradise if not for the people. It is hot as hell though for 6 or 7 months of the year and the humidity will kill you without AC.

And yet I'm watching darth death desantis telling everyone no masks, no mandates, no closures, and no ****ing common sense from our governor.
i wonder when the DeSantis/Trump Republicans will show up in this thread.

Maybe we'll get some wisdom from Sarah and Para.

Florida has been in the top 5 for Covid infections since April.

Might have something to do with the TRump imitation the governor has been doing.
Yes and he got so much attention for doing absolutely nothing to stop covid and it is finally biting him on the ass. I hope this stops the tourists from visiting. That will be the final nail in DeSantis's coffin.

Yes he is banking on covid going away like a miracle and in the meantime he is doing his best to fudge the numbers and downplay the surge as "seasonal". He can't even tell people to vaccinate without being called a sell-out by the right either. It is going to be hard for him to come back from this. What a shame....
Well, it is at least partially seasonal. I mean, Orlando has a huge surge along with a huge crowd of tourists. You don't think there's any connection between the two?? Thanks!!

Well, it is at least partially seasonal. I mean, Orlando has a huge surge along with a huge crowd of tourists. You don't think there's any connection between the two?? Thanks!!
We had a surge this big in January too. There is no "season" for covid. The tourist are catching it here and bringing home with them so hold onto your hats northerners..

Seasonal? Summer is the dead season in florida. Not many people want to be outside in the sun in the summer in florida unless you like a hundred and thirty degree heat. We average around a hundred days of ninety degree plus days a year and that's in the shade. I honestly don't know what to say about flori-duh. I guess the voters here just like voting for crooks and liars? It's sad the things people will accept to protect their way of life. We elect losers here in florida to keep the white folks safe.

We had a surge this big in January too. There is no "season" for covid. The tourist are catching it here and bringing home with them so hold onto your hats northerners..
There is also a new variant that doesn't have a letter yet. I think its 10% of new infections. Perfect for all the snow birds to catch in a few months.

Its all Fauci's fault according to the trumpidiots and that moron Desantis.
Yes Fauci told people that they didn't need masks 17 months ago and that is what caused all of this.

Yes I know what you mean. I found my place in the sun on Pine Island in SWFL. It's near Cape Coral but far enough so I do not have to deal with the crowds. No high rises either. Florida is a paradise if not for the people. It is hot as hell though for 6 or 7 months of the year and the humidity will kill you without AC.
Amen. Unless you experience a summer in florida I don't want to hear about how hot it is in detroit in the summer.

Seasonal? Summer is the dead season in florida. Not many people want to be outside in the sun in the summer in florida unless you like a hundred and thirty degree heat. We average around a hundred days of ninety degree plus days a year and that's in the shade. I honestly don't know what to say about flori-duh. I guess the voters here just like voting for crooks and liars? It's sad the things people will accept to protect their way of life. We elect losers here in florida to keep the white folks safe.
And the people don't care that they all rip us off blind, let big sugar pollute our rivers and cause red tide on our beaches because they are the biggest donors to the GOP in Florida. They also ignore our referendums and do as they please no matter what we vote for. Typical Red State governance.

And the people don't care that they all rip us off blind, let big sugar pollute our rivers and cause red tide on our beaches because they are the biggest donors to the GOP in Florida. They also ignore our referendums and do as they please no matter what we vote for. Typical Red State governance.
The red tide was so bad in vero a few years ago you couldn't go outside for more than a minute or two before you started choking. It's all about the dollar, pulling it in and pocketing it and as far as you are concerned, we don't care if you drop dead from covid dammit no matter what the economy will stay open. Man how I despise republican politics.

What are you talking about?? January is a big tourist season here. In fact tourists love it here all year round. And over a thousand people a day are moving here. And as far as your statement that "tourists are catching it here and bringing home," you have ZERO evidence to support that. Yes, CROWDS amplify covid's transmission. And tourists are in crowds, especially in Orlando. But anybody - from California to Zimbabwe - can transmit it if they carry it. It's not some native affliction peculiar to Florida. Gimme a break. Thanks!!

Back
Top Bottom