• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Florida to recommend against Covid-19 vaccine for healthy children

You need to read the OP. He did not say it should be left up to your doctor, that I agree with . He said he was going to issue a statement that parents should not get their children vaccinated ....a blanket recommendation.

My bet is he never publishes that as an official statement. It is dead ass wrong of him he does
Personally, I wouldn’t be surprised if the FDA rolls back the EUA for the 5-12 year age group.

I did....twice in fact. Not interested in doing it over and over. However, once more....

The correct response from health officials when there is conflicting opinions and recommendations is to advice parents to seek guidance from their own pediatrician. Not complicated
Oh! You did an edit.

Do you think parents are stupid or what?

Won't surprise me if the Surgeons Generals remarks never make it as official, in print, guidance.

Oh! You did an edit.

Do you think parents are stupid or what?
Yes hit enter too fast wanted to express it one more time.....and yes I think a lot of parents are not stupid but incredibly uninformed

Yes hit enter too fast wanted to express it one more time.....and yes I think a lot of parents are not stupid but incredibly uninformed
But if the Florida recommendation was to get their children vaccinated then those same parents would be smart (better informed). Is that right?

You win the stupidest response of the year award. Collect your trophy on the way out. :)
I was mocking the utter stupidity of your post.

The Florida Department of Health is issuing a health recommendation based on nothing but pure politics. Regardless of what someone's personal politics are, that should be highly concerning to them as a department of health should only issue guidelines and recommendations based on the best available science at the time.

I am not saying this is the first time this has ever happened. There certainly was not a lot of good science behind many of the recommendations out of health departments on masking in restaurants and bars. However, there is a big difference between that and issuing guidelines on childhood vaccinations that are purely political. The fact that isn't concerning to you, is pretty ****ed up.

You win the stupidest response of the year award. Collect your trophy on the way out. :)

The Florida Department of Health is issuing a health recommendation based on nothing but pure politics. Regardless of what someone's personal politics are, that should be highly concerning to them as a department of health should only issue guidelines and recommendations based on the best available science at the time.

I am not saying this is the first time this has ever happened. There certainly was not a lot of good science behind many of the recommendations out of health departments on masking in restaurants and bars. However, there is a big difference between that and issuing guidelines on childhood vaccinations that are purely political.

I know. Still doesn't change the fact that it deserves a stupid post of the year award.

I am not saying this is the first time this has ever happened. There certainly was not a lot of good science behind many of the recommendations out of health departments on masking in restaurants and bars. However, there is a big difference between that and issuing guidelines on childhood vaccinations that are purely political. The fact that isn't concerning to you, is pretty ****ed up.

Can you show the proof positive benefit of Covid vaccinations for healthy children in the 5-12 age range where the Pfizer vaccine is still under EUA?

The efficacy plummeted to 12% in Omicron.

Why are we recommending a vaccine that’s under EUA and has such a minimal efficacy?

(CNN)The Florida Department of Health will recommend against Covid-19 vaccinations for healthy children, the state's top public health official said Monday, putting the state at odds with the guidance from the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
The CDC recommended children get vaccinated in November when the shot became available to most kids. Since then, about 22 million children have become fully vaccinated, including 1.1 million Florida kids.
But Florida Surgeon General Joseph Ladapo said the state is going to issue separate guidance urging parents not to vaccinate their kids. Ladapo did not say when that guidance would become official and provided few additional details.

Florida would become the first state to break from the CDC on vaccines for children.

https://www.cnn.com/2022/03/07/health/florida-covid-19-vaccine-recommendation/index.html

Our "top health official" is a certified QUACK so could we expect anything else?

Florida Agricultural Commissioner Nikki Fried, a Democrat running for governor, released the following statement on Ladapo’s conformation:

"As I’ve said before, I believe Dr. Ladapo is an anti-science quack who doesn’t belong anywhere near our state’s Surgeon General office, let alone running it. But now that he’s been confirmed, it’s my sincere hope that he and Governor DeSantis choose to focus on saving lives and preventing unnecessary illness instead of continuing their absurd promotion of conspiracy theories and opposition to proven public health measures — but I’m not going to hold my breath.”

https://www.wesh.com/article/joseph-ladapo-confirmed/39194821
Idiots everywhere are rejoicing.

Can you show the proof positive benefit of Covid vaccinations for healthy children in the 5-12 age range where the Pfizer vaccine is still under EUA?
Seems more interested in finding posts to mock, rather than actually participating in exploring the facts.

Why are we recommending a vaccine that’s under EUA and has such a minimal efficacy?

If you guys read something other than anti-vaxxx blogs.

Across the delta and omicron eras, vaccine effectiveness of two doses against ED/UC visits was 83 percent in children 12 to 15, and 76 percent in teens 16 to 17. But those estimates only go up to five months after the two doses, and we know vaccine effectiveness wanes over time. After the five-month mark, those effectiveness estimates fell to 38 percent and 46 percent for ages 12 to 15 and 16 to 17, respectively.

In children ages 5 to 11, the overall effectiveness against ED/UC visits in the first five months after two doses was 46 percent. However, children in this age group were only eligible for vaccination starting in early November, significantly skewing the data in the omicron era. When researchers looked at vaccine effectiveness estimates just in the omicron era across all the age groups, they saw no significant differences. Specifically, omicron-era vaccine effectiveness for EC/UC visits in the first five months after two doses was 51 percent in children 5 to 11, 45 percent in children 12 to 15, and 34 percent in teens 16 to 17. On the other hand, in the delta-era-specific calculations, the effectiveness estimates were 92 percent for children 12 to 15 and 85 percent in teens 16 and 17.

A non-peer-reviewed pre-print study from researchers in New York was also released this week and purported to show that vaccine effectiveness in children ages 5 to 11 is lower than in older children who got a larger vaccine dose. The Pfizer-BioNTech vaccines for children 5 to 11 are 10 microgram doses, compared with the 30 microgram doses given to everyone 12 and older. The authors suggested that younger children may need larger doses in the future. However, this study did not control for immunocompromised status in children, and the finding has not borne out in this national data and other data sets collected by the CDC.

Still, other data from that New York study and the new CDC study generally reinforces what we already know about the vaccines—that the omicron variant—as well as time—can knock back effectiveness. This was particularly evident when the authors of the CDC study estimated the effectiveness against ED/UC visits after more than five months out from two doses and when children's cases occurred in the midst of omicron. After five months, effectiveness against omicron ED/UC visits fell from 45 percent to -2 percent for children 12 to 15, and from 34 percent to -3 percent in teens 16 to 17.

Seems more interested in finding posts to mock, rather than actually participating in exploring the facts.
And you are only interested in getting more adults and children severely ill from covid, It is getting old.

Because the actual DATA is showing that the current EUA vaccine for kids is effectively worthless.

12% risk mitigation against a virus that has an effective 0 risk to kids.

And where there HAVE been adverse reactions that are becoming more widely known.

If you guys read something other than anti-vaxxx blogs.

If two doses don’t work - try three!

More money for Pfizer!

If you were interested in empirical data, you would not have the beliefs you do on vaccinations. It's like a creationists bitching about being mocked instead others engaging them in actual debate when the fact is, if they were actually interested in science, they would not be a creationist. The same is true of anti-vaxxers who all base their beliefs in various misinformation, data out of context, and anti-vaxxx blogs.

And you are only interested in getting more adults and children severely ill from covid, It is getting old.
Have you no shame than to post BS such as this?

If you were interested in empirical data, you would not have the beliefs you do on vaccinations. It's like a creationists bitching about being mocked instead others engaging them in actual debate when the fact is, if they were actually interested in science, they would not be a creationist. The same is true of anti-vaxxers who all base their beliefs in various misinformation, data out of context, and anti-vaxxx blogs.
Rant noted. Enjoy your day.

Who knew CNBC was considered anti-vaxx blogs now.

Learn something new daily here at DP.
Well I guess you can't quote anti-vaxxx nutjobs all the time like Robert F. Kennedy, sometimes you have to cherry pick your data too, in this case, it was a non-peer reviewed study that doesn't correlate with any other data we have.

Have you no shame than to post BS such as this?
You are the one without shame. You believe more deaths from covid are beneficial to your politics.
sb102521dAPR.jpg

(CNN)The Florida Department of Health will recommend against Covid-19 vaccinations for healthy children, the state's top public health official said Monday, putting the state at odds with the guidance from the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
The CDC recommended children get vaccinated in November when the shot became available to most kids. Since then, about 22 million children have become fully vaccinated, including 1.1 million Florida kids.
But Florida Surgeon General Joseph Ladapo said the state is going to issue separate guidance urging parents not to vaccinate their kids. Ladapo did not say when that guidance would become official and provided few additional details.

Florida would become the first state to break from the CDC on vaccines for children.

https://www.cnn.com/2022/03/07/health/florida-covid-19-vaccine-recommendation/index.html

Our "top health official" is a certified QUACK so could we expect anything else?

Florida Agricultural Commissioner Nikki Fried, a Democrat running for governor, released the following statement on Ladapo’s conformation:

"As I’ve said before, I believe Dr. Ladapo is an anti-science quack who doesn’t belong anywhere near our state’s Surgeon General office, let alone running it. But now that he’s been confirmed, it’s my sincere hope that he and Governor DeSantis choose to focus on saving lives and preventing unnecessary illness instead of continuing their absurd promotion of conspiracy theories and opposition to proven public health measures — but I’m not going to hold my breath.”

https://www.wesh.com/article/joseph-ladapo-confirmed/39194821
And yet he recommends the vaccine for the flu which can have different strains. Go figure

Crazy concept - I talked to my pediatrician and my college roommate who is an infectious disease pharmacist.

When my pediatrician vaccinates HER kids, I'll consider vaccinating mine. Or when my friend that is an infectious disease pharmacist gets the vaccine for HER kids....I'll vaccinate mine.

I trust those two people a whole lot more than anyone on the internet or in the government.

And yet he recommends the vaccine for the flu which can have different strains. Go figure
The flu is much more deadly for children (especially under the age of 5) than Covid is.

Two completely different animals when it comes to young children, especially.

But if the Florida recommendation was to get their children vaccinated then those same parents would be smart (better informed). Is that right?
Then at least they would not be liable if an unvaccinated Florida child gets severely ill. Now they are.

Back
Top Bottom