• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Florida to recommend against Covid-19 vaccine for healthy children

So your problem is with not following the recommendations unless it comes from a "reliable" source. The solution seems simple enough for any parent. Get a second opinion. If that "reliable" source recommends vaccinating your child then follow that advice. Nothing in Florida's recommendations prevent you from doing that.
I have no problem and you are incredibly arrogant and insulting to assume so. I am of the opinion that when guidance is conflicting the correct advice is to recommend consulting with your own pediatrician about what is best for your particular child. That goes for a State official or the CDC.

The rare cases of myocarditis clear up on their own in a few days. Myocarditis from a covid infection is more common and far more serious so I doubt that they would have a case.

Medical experts, however, said the evidence so far showed those with myocarditis after COVID-19 vaccines recover quickly.
Both the Pfizer/BioNTech and Moderna Inc vaccines have been linked to rare cases of heart inflammation called myocarditis, especially in young men (here).
However, the benefits of mRNA shots in preventing COVID-19 continue to outweigh the risks, European and U.S. regulators and the World Health Organization have said (here).
On Oct 1, Canadian health officials said data suggests reported cases of rare heart inflammation occurs more often in adolescents and adults under 30 years of age, and more often in males. The statement from the Public Health Agency of Canada said the majority of the affected individuals experienced relatively mild illness and recovered quickly (here).
The risk of cardiac complications, including heart inflammation, has been shown to be substantially increased following COVID-19 infections, with the risks higher after the infection than after vaccination, the statement said.
A Journal of American Medical Association (JAMA) report on myocarditis among members of the U.S. military following mRNA COVID-19 vaccinations (here) found that 23 male patients developed myocarditis. “These episodes occurred against the backdrop of 2.8 million doses of mRNA COVID-19 vaccines administered,” it said. “Vigilance for rare adverse events, including myocarditis, after COVID-19 vaccination is warranted but should not diminish overall confidence in vaccination during the current pandemic.”

It notes that, “Cardiac symptoms resolved within 1 week of onset for 16 patients. Seven patients continued to have chest discomfort at the time of this report; follow-up is ongoing.”

https://www.reuters.com/article/fac...9-vaccines-are-not-irreversible-idUSL1N2S924L
You didn't answer if they can sue.

Intensive therapies such as vasoactive medications (12 cases of myocarditis) and intubation or mechanical ventilation (2 cases) were rare.

SO, should those families be able to sue?

I can imagine those were pretty hefty medical bills.

Even the ones where it "cleared up" had 96% of patients being hospitalized. 13% were discharged without it clearing up. Do they get to sue?

Of the 96% (784/813) of cases of myocarditis who were hospitalized, 98% (747/762) were discharged from the hospital at time of review. In 87% (577/661) of discharged cases of myocarditis, there was resolution of the presenting symptoms by hospital discharge.

I was Florida's head doctor that made that recommendation. He said nothing about asking you own doctor. The State will be liable for any severe covid that an unvaccinated child gets and I think any settlements should be paid for by Death Sentence and his quack surgeon general.
You still haven't answered if the families of the people that have suffered severe adverse reactions from COVID vaccines can sue?

They followed the standard "recommendations" by getting the vaccine, right?

You didn't answer if they can sue.

SO, should those families be able to sue?

I can imagine those were pretty hefty medical bills.

Even the ones where it "cleared up" had 96% of patients being hospitalized. 13% were discharged without it clearing up. Do they get to sue?
Given that contracting a covid infection is far more likely to cause serious myocarditis it is unlikely that they would have a case.

Given that contracting a covid infection is far more likely to cause serious myocarditis it is unlikely that they would have a case.
So, because someone else had a serious outcome from something else....individuals that suffer serious adverse events from vaccines (that they were recommended to take) shouldn't be able to sue.

But, people that don't take a vaccine should be able to sue and blame the government for their injury (because the recommendation was not to take a vaccine)?

Can you explain that logic please?

You still haven't answered if the families of the people that have suffered severe adverse reactions from COVID vaccines can sue?

They followed the standard "recommendations" by getting the vaccine, right?
They can try to sue but it is unlikely to prevail unlike a child that gets severe covid because the parents were told not to vaccinate. That is an open and shut case of malpractice.

They can try to sue but it is unlikely to prevail unlike a child that gets severe covid because the parents were told not to vaccinate. That is an open and shut case of malpractice.
So, basically, the logic you're using is "I like this narrative", not really something substantiated?

Parents are being shamed by the State if they do decide to vaccinate their children. They will testify that they felt pressured by that guidance and severe illness was the result. Million of dollars is a low estimate of what they will receive from any jury trying such a case.
Oh my. Now we've moved to the "I felt shamed and pressured by the state, my child got real sick, and that entitles me to at least a million dollars lawsuit."

I have no problem and you are incredibly arrogant and insulting to assume so.
Sure you have a problem. You don't like the recommendation. Pointing that out is not arrogant, nor insulting so just stop saying that nonsense.
I am of the opinion that when guidance is conflicting the correct advice is to recommend consulting with your own pediatrician about what is best for your particular child. That goes for a State official or the CDC.
No one is saying you CAN'T consult with your own pediatrician. Your problem is that you're trying to turn this into something it's not - a mandate saying you can't get your child vaccinated.

So, because someone else had a serious outcome from something else....individuals that suffer serious adverse events from vaccines (that they were recommended to take) shouldn't be able to sue.

But, people that don't take a vaccine should be able to sue and blame the government for their injury (because the recommendation was not to take a vaccine)?

Can you explain that logic please?
A said they can try to sue but will be unlikely to prevail. They would need to prove that the vaccine was the cause and not some other reason. People get myocarditis without taking a vaccine all the time.

Considering vaccines for children are still under Emergency Use Authorization and vaccine efficacy has been questionable in regards to duration, etc. it would seem that FL is being prudent in leaving any recommendations up to doctors, not issuing a blanket recommendation TO take a vaccine that isn't fully FDA approved at this juncture.
You need to read the OP. He did not say it should be left up to your doctor, that I agree with . He said he was going to issue a statement that parents should not get their children vaccinated ....a blanket recommendation.

My bet is he never publishes that as an official statement. It is dead ass wrong of him he does

You've got a pipedream going on here. I don't recommend testing it out though.
Ah come on. Don't throw water on the pipedream. I wanted to hear the next new and improved pipedream version.

Ah come on. Don't throw water on the pipedream. I wanted to hear the next new and improved pipedream version.
:LOL: Some people are just sue happy.

Sure you have a problem. You don't like the recommendation. Pointing that out is not arrogant, nor insulting so just stop saying that nonsense.

No one is saying you CAN'T consult with your own pediatrician. Your problem is that you're trying to turn this into something it's not - a mandate saying you can't get your child vaccinated.
That is not what I'm saying but I as have learned listening is not your strong suit. Have a nice afternoon, you are a waste of time

Considering vaccines for children are still under Emergency Use Authorization and vaccine efficacy has been questionable in regards to duration, etc. it would seem that FL is being prudent in leaving any recommendations up to doctors, not issuing a blanket recommendation TO take a vaccine that isn't fully FDA approved at this juncture.
This sure sounds logical and sensible to me.

Yes it is. He said healthy children should not get the vaccine and don't need it. When one of those unvaccianted children get severe covid the State will be liable.

That is not what I'm saying but I as have learned listening is not your strong suit. Have a nice afternoon, you ate a waste of time
You likewise. I've also learned something. You don't like actually defending your point.

You likewise. I've also learned something. You don't like actually defending your point.
I did....twice in fact. Not interested in doing it over and over. However, once more....

The correct response from health officials when there is conflicting opinions and recommendations is to advice parents to seek guidance from their own pediatrician. Not complicated

Yes it is. He said healthy children should not get the vaccine and don't need it. When one of those unvaccianted children get severe covid the State will be liable.
What responsible parent would not get the advice of their pediatrician regarding getting their child vaccinated or not? A recommendation is just that - a recommendation.

Does Florida recommendations state you can't get your child vaccinated?
Florida Department of Health recommends you lock your baby in your car when running errands.

Overitall: "Does Florida recommendations state you can't take your baby out of a hot car?"

I did....twice in fact. Not interested in doing it over and over.
Yea, and apparently you thought I should just say: "That's a great point Callen! I don't know why I didn't think of that?"

Florida Department of Health recommends you lock your baby in your car when running errands.

Overitall: "Does Florida recommendations state you can't take your baby out of a hot car?"
You win the stupidest response of the year award. Collect your trophy on the way out. :)

Back
Top Bottom