• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

FiveThirtyEight forecasts on 10/29

Oh that's cute but you can find ZERO posts of mine that actually support your mendacious bullshit.
Hey now, that turtle is clearly wearing a green armband.
Or I guess leg band in this case.

Oh that's cute but you can find ZERO posts of mine that actually support your mendacious bullshit.

You guys don't even try to hide your armband any more. I remember when you guys used to work like hell to hide it.

You guys have always had fits of righteousness but now you're proud of it too.

Next thing we know you'll be having a parade. The Million Fascists March. To Stone Mountain of course. The Confederacy was a one party state or didn't you know.

so you are worried more about "proud boys" than the people who did most of the looting and violence a few months ago?
Currently neither really worry me much. The looters have no political backing and are a result of our weak governance. They just crawl out of their wholes and take what they can, when they can. Conversely, the proud boys are "standing by" and heavily armed. Which do you believe may become a bigger threat?

mindless nonsense./ You're the one who claims to have gone from one of Trump's biggest cheerleaders to now one of Biden's based on the pandemic response. You'd think you'd have a far better thought out response
Biden and Leadership? Oh come on, the guy is an obvious puppet.

I'm not a Biden supporter. I'm a Trump hater. This includes any dirtbag who would support him.

I don't think you folks realize how bad things are about to get. We would be in a much better situation right now had Trump shown some leadership. He should be brought up on crimes against humanity based on what we know now. Holding rallies in the middle of a pandemic is criminal.

New forecast has Trump's chanced now down to 10%.

It was 11 the other day, and 12 last week; 16 less than a month ago. This is the exact opposite of what we saw in 2016, where trump went from less than 10% to 30 in the final month.

mindless nonsense./ You're the one who claims to have gone from one of Trump's biggest cheerleaders to now one of Biden's based on the pandemic response. You'd think you'd have a far better thought out response
Biden and Leadership? Oh come on, the guy is an obvious puppet.
Trump has been an abject failure. I love how his foolish fans fail to see it. It confirms my theory that they are not very bright.

New forecast has Trump's chanced now down to 10%.

It was 11 the other day, and 12 last week; 16 less than a month ago. This is the exact opposite of what we saw in 2016, where trump went from less than 10% to 30 in the final month.

His comments about Doctors profiting from Covid is disgusting. Watching the brainless sheep at his rallies believe every word is disturbing. If all the people in this country were rational Trump would have zero percent chance to win.

When Trump first became President, I predicted that the GOP would disown him and throw him under a bus first chance they got if they thought he would cost them the election. I thought they were just holding their noses and putting up with him because he put them into power. I thought their desire for power would prevent Trump loyalty. I was wrong.

There's a video of McConnell talking about the Barrett confirmation.

He says they are going to lose in the future and the courts will be the last bastion of conservatism going forward.

It sounds for all the world that he was admitting that the republican party is dying and packing the courts is their last act of defiance to vanishing into history

If the polls prove correct and this election is a complete disaster for the GOP.....THEN you'll see them throw Trump under the bus.
And every one will never have supported him. At all. Ever.

There's a video of McConnell talking about the Barrett confirmation.

He says they are going to lose in the future and the courts will be the last bastion of conservatism going forward.

It sounds for all the world that he was admitting that the republican party is dying and packing the courts is their last act of defiance to vanishing into history
In some ways that is not such a bad thing Expect to see the country to shift to the Left and the courts to try holding the Right Wing line.

We saw the same thing in reverse since the 80's.

When FDR stepped forward wanting to expand Scotus membership a couple of the rightwing justices changed their voting patterns to be more accommodating of New Deal legislation and priorities. In other words they followed the flag more than they rejected the national popular will.

However the three young Trumpsters on the court are hard core and hard right as they join the two old time rightwingnuts Thomas and Alito, which leaves only the chief John Roberts as a relative moderate whose vote with liberals won't matter to begin with, if and when Roberts might vote with the libs.

So the time is now and the imperative is great to expand membership of Scotus if the Democrats gain the power and control of the executive and the congress. I'd be pretty confident Democrats would take the action especially since Moscow Mitch and his Republicans-Conservatives from hell picked Obama's pocket in killing the Garland nomination.

Trump has been an abject failure. I love how his foolish fans fail to see it. It confirms my theory that they are not very bright.
a clear sign of stupidity is pretending that Biden supporters are smarter than Trump supporters or vice versa

When FDR stepped forward wanting to expand Scotus membership a couple of the rightwing justices changed their voting patterns to be more accommodating of New Deal legislation and priorities. In other words they followed the flag more than they rejected the national popular will.

However the three young Trumpsters on the court are hard core and hard right as they join the two old time rightwingnuts Thomas and Alito, which leaves only the chief John Roberts as a relative moderate whose vote with liberals won't matter to begin with, if and when Roberts might vote with the libs.

So the time is now and the imperative is great to expand membership of Scotus if the Democrats gain the power and control of the executive and the congress. I'd be pretty confident Democrats would take the action especially since Moscow Mitch and his Republicans-Conservatives from hell picked Obama's pocket in killing the Garland nomination.
Lose an election-scream to get rid of the electoral college. Don't like the supreme court, pack it. Typical far left nonsense

Looks just like 2016, team Biden needs to be cautious.

Lose an election-scream to get rid of the electoral college. Don't like the supreme court, pack it. Typical far left nonsense

After 10 years of screaming and hollering against Obamacare you still don't have a successor plan. While Trump presents himself bogusly as the champion protector of pre existing condition(s) he's at Scotus to destroy the ACA component and all of the ACA.

So you scream at the liburals to try to deflect as you abandon health and medical coverage to harm Americans. Which defines you as against the posters as a class -- virtually exclusively -- and dismissive of the issues.

Odd, seems the Right couldn't abide by the Black president. Some were such rotten racists that they called him Affirmative Action.

Odd, seems the Right couldn't abide by the Black president. Some were such rotten racists that they called him Affirmative Action.
smart people know that he was benefited by affirmative action several times. Telling the truth doesn't make one racist but people who have bankrupt arguments, often throw the race card. Most people who opposed Obama are also opposing Biden and voted against Hilary. I guess that is based on "racism" too?

After 10 years of screaming and hollering against Obamacare you still don't have a successor plan. While Trump presents himself bogusly as the champion protector of pre existing condition(s) he's at Scotus to destroy the ACA component and all of the ACA.

So you scream at the liburals to try to deflect as you abandon health and medical coverage to harm Americans. Which defines you as against the posters as a class -- virtually exclusively -- and dismissive of the issues.
I don't think the federal government has a proper role in this area to begin with. It violates the tenth amendment as four of our justices held. I realize that liberals ignore the constitution and figure if "it is good then it must be constitutional"

I don't think the federal government has a proper role in this area to begin with. It violates the tenth amendment as four of our justices held. I realize that liberals ignore the constitution and figure if "it is good then it must be constitutional"

No matter how you slice it it's still baloney -- and worse.

Infinitely worse in fact.

Trump put combating CV-19 to the "several states" which is each and all 50 of 'em so the predictable result is anarchy in government at all levels and the knowing and determined circumstance of Trump and cultists becoming serial killers of Americans.

The fiercely determined Trump and the PutinTrump Rowers have turned their Coronavirus 19 caliber machine gun against all Americans although you guys thought it was going to mow down only blue state urban populations to the exclusive detriment of blue state governments and the blue states political party. This is your only national strategy.

The thread and topic indicate instead the great likelihood of PutinTrump & Rowers getting your just due for assassinating Obamacare while exploiting CV to become serial killers of Americans. Trump and Rowers not wearing a mask is both literal and revealing in these vile respects. Which makes your 10th amendment argument a lean-to in a typhoon, ie, pretext.

No one ignores the constitution more than Right Wingers. We've been over this.

Here are tonight’s polls from 538, still nervous but hoping these are close to what really happens!

I think Ds learned a lesson from 2016, and that is why the D powers that be pushed so hard to get all the other non-Bernies out of the race once Biden won SC. Powerful Rs should have done the same in 2016 -- they'd still have a party they'd recognize if they had done so.
The R's (and a few D's and I's) voted Trump because they are sick of career politicians in 2016. Well Hillary being a horrible candidate didn't hurt Trump either. I didn't vote in 2016. I will be voting this year though. I can't help but wonder why Biden didn't represent the D's then. Didn't it strike you as odd that as popular as Obama/Biden was, that he didn't run? It's usually a forgone conclusion the the incumbent veep represents the in party. It's the out party that eats their own in the primary. I just don't get it. It would be like Trump winning re-election, and Pompeo running in 2024. And Obama held back his endorsement on his OWN VP until after he won the primary. Other than Biden being from Pa.,( like until he was like 7), why would the D's run an anti fossil fuel ticket that supports a ban on fracking, when states like Pa., Michigan and Wisconsin can make or break them? I dunno, I may be way off, but I don't see the states that depend on fossil fuel and fracking to make a living going for a ticket that will oversee eliminating them. Am I off base? I am biased as I am pro 2a and tax cuts, but is it clouding my thinking ? :unsure:

Back
Top Bottom