• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

First Israeli hostage speaks out about alleged Hamas sexual assault

JMB1911A1

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Private

She was tortured and assaulted. I don’t think there is nothing alleged about these allegations based on Hamas’ history.

Now, waiting for the inevitable Hamas fanboys here on DP to rationalize this.

First?

I'll check but I'm almost positive there were hostages that spoke out about sexual assault before this.

First?

I'll check but I'm almost positive there were hostages that spoke out about sexual assault before this.
I just posted the link from the Hill which was posted today. I think she is the first who was spoken out in public and let her name be released.

She was tortured and assaulted. I don’t think there is nothing alleged about these allegations based on Hamas’ history.

Many on the left will defend Hamas. It's shameful.

I've seen no one "on the left" who "defends" the terrorist group Hamas.

But you sure do seem ready to exploit Hamas's horrific treatment of these women and girls. To minimize, as it were, what was done to them in order to score a cheap shot at American Democrats.

First?

Not on themselves. Agam Goldstein-Almog spoke about another female hostage who was there with her and what she went through from what she has told her in captivity. We know now she was speaking about Agam Berger from what was revealed in the media.

Amit Soussana is the first woman to be released from Hamas' captivity to mention sexual assault.
As painful as it is to hear about, it was well known and expected and even the UN addressed it and claimed in a report that there is clear evidence for hostages being raped while in Hamas' captivity in Gaza.

You are not really suggesting that this only happens to one side are you?
"“We are particularly distressed by reports that Palestinian women and girls in detention have also been subjected to multiple forms of sexual assault, such as being stripped naked and searched by male Israeli army officers,” the experts said. “At least two female Palestinian detainees were reportedly raped while others were reportedly threatened with rape and sexual violence.”\

War is hell.

Just to clarify by "defend Hamas" do you mean actually defend Hamas or do you mean saying mean things about the Israeli government?

You are not really suggesting that this only happens to one side are you?
"“We are particularly distressed by reports that Palestinian women and girls in detention have also been subjected to multiple forms of sexual assault, such as being stripped naked and searched by male Israeli army officers,” the experts said. “At least two female Palestinian detainees were reportedly raped while others were reportedly threatened with rape and sexual violence.”\

War is hell.
Sexual assault by the IDF is against policy and happens occasionally. The perpetrators are punished.

Sexual assault by Hamas is part of their policy and encouraged. They deny it happens and refuse to punish the perpetrators.

And congrats on being the first with the “both sides do it” justification for Hamas.

Hard to see anything with all that denial in your eyes.

Sexual assault by the IDF is against policy and happens occasionally. The perpetrators are punished.9

Sexual assault by Hamas is part of their policy and encouraged. They deny it happens and refuse to punish the perpetrators.

And congrats on being the first with the “both sides do it” justification for Hamas.

Much like the Russians in Ukraine.

But you sure do seem ready to exploit Hamas's horrific treatment of these women and girls. To minimize, as it were, what was done to them in order to score a cheap shot at American Democrats.

Please post their quotes here.

Hard to see anything with all that denial in your eyes.
Please post their quotes here.
No quotes of "the left defending Hamas".

I'm not surprised.

No quotes of my "denial".

I'm not surprised.

Much like the Russians in Ukraine.
From all evidence available Russians are using rape as weapons against the civilian population in Ukrainian territories they take over.
The accusations mentioned against the IDF by the above propagandist however are quite baseless and when the truth is revealed they appear to be made up.
So no that's not the same.

No quotes of "the left defending Hamas".

I'm not surprised.

No quotes of my "denial".

I'm not surprised.
Maybe if you admitted to reality even by 1% more people would take you more seriously.

Sexual assault by the IDF is against policy and happens occasionally. The perpetrators are punished.

Your first claim is laughable.

You seriously think there is a difference between your two descriptions to the victims? Wait a minute, I forgot that you only care for victims on one side. Is your position here that 'Israel has never done anything to Hamas that would make them want them to destroy Israel'?

From all evidence available Russians are using rape as weapons against the civilian population in Ukrainian territories they take over.
The accusations mentioned against the IDF by the above propagandist however are quite baseless and when the truth is revealed they appear to be made up.
So no that's not the same.

Similar to what Hamas is doing.

To be clear, you have no way of knowing how many times IDF members have sexually assaulted Palestinians. And you have no way of knowing that those who have done this have been "punished".

Ditto for your claims about Hamas.

And, of course, you're wrong in your attitude that pointing out that Israeli military members have sexually assaulted Palestinians is providing a "justification" for Hamas's sexual assaults.

I don't know about Hamas fanbois here, but one of Hamas' fanbois in the House of Reps thinks it's "propaganda"

So far, none have been punished because Israel denies it has happened in Gaza.

And, of course, you're wrong in your attitude that pointing out that Israeli military members have sexually assaulted Palestinians is providing a "justification" for Hamas's sexual assaults.
There wasn't any case of IDF sexually assaulting a Palestinian in this war. The accusations were found to be false and made up, as part of a Pallywood campaign of lies. That you refer to unbased accusations as fact when they're directed at IDF really does make you a Hamas supporter (among many other things).

So far, none have been punished because Israel denies it has happened in Gaza.
Do you have any evidence that someone has done something and was not punished?
Or do you not have evidence for him being not punished or punished, but decided to make it up?
Or worse, you don't have evidence for anyone doing something, and still expect someone to be punished for your tantrum?

Back
Top Bottom