• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Filipino Jihadists Who Beheaded Canadian Hostage Vow to Execute Another if Ransom Not

truthatallcost

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Other
In a chilling new video, Canadian and Norwegian hostages say they will be executed in less than one month if a $16-million ransom is not paid to Abu Sayyaf, their Filipino captors who beheaded another Canadian after a previous deadline was not met.

"My name is Robert Hall. I am told to tell you that on June the 13th at 3 pm I will be murdered if the demands are not met," the gaunt, long-haired Canadian says, only briefly looking at the camera, in the latest video released by the group and published by Site Intelligence Group on Sunday. "I appeal to my government, the Philippine government, as I have appealed before for help," he said.
The camera then pans to Norwegian Kjartan Sekkingstad, who like Hall is dressed in orange coveralls. He makes the same appeal to Canadian, Norwegian and Filipino authorities.

"Anybody who can possibly help us, if the group's demands are not met by June 13, we will be executed at 3 pm on that exact date, one month from now," says Sekkingstad.

Text accompanying the video adds that Abu Sayyaf, which has pledged allegiance to the Islamic State, "will behead another foreign hostage on June 13 (Monday) at exactly 3 pm" if its monetary demand is not met.
Hall, Sekkingstad, and Hall's girlfriend Maritess Flor were kidnapped in September from the marina of resort near alongside John Ridsdel, a Canadian who was executed about three weeks ago. According to multiple reports, Ridsdel was beheaded. Flor does not appear in the latest video.

Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau condemned "without reservation the brutality of the hostage takers" following Ridsdel's death, calling it "an act of cold-blooded murder and responsibility rests squarely with the terrorist group who took him hostage."

He followed that up the next day by declaring that "Canada does not and will not pay ransom to terrorists, directly or indirectly," saying that to do so would endanger the lives of all Canadians living and traveling abroad.

https://news.vice.com/article/filip...to-execute-another-hostage-if-ransom-not-paid

Re: Filipino Jihadists Who Beheaded Canadian Hostage Vow to Execute Another if Ransom

The so-called terrorists in that part of the world are really just bandits who want money. Note that they are not making any political demands like AQ or ISIS, instead they just want cash.

Re: Filipino Jihadists Who Beheaded Canadian Hostage Vow to Execute Another if Ransom

The so-called terrorists in that part of the world are really just bandits who want money. Note that they are not making any political demands like AQ or ISIS, instead
they just want cash.

We need to send them all to Hell with no stop to see Allah.

We need to send them all to Hell with no stop to see Allah.

I agree. The problem is that the government of the Philippines is weak and corrupt (I have spoken to few of their politicians) and they have a massive problem maintaining law and order.

The so-called terrorists in that part of the world are really just bandits who want money. Note that they are not making any political demands like AQ or ISIS, instead they just want cash.

Exactly what political demands has ISIS made?

Exactly what political demands has ISIS made?

They want authority over all Muslims and a world wide caliphate. For someone who always posts about Muslims I'm surprised you dont know that.

They want authority over all Muslims and a world wide caliphate. For someone who always posts about Muslims I'm surprised you dont know that.

I did know that. Political demands are different than doctrine while they can accomplish the same thing. Bin Laden demanded Americans leave the holyland. And worried about conquering the world at the same time.

I did know that. Political demands are different than doctrine while they can accomplish the same thing. Bin Laden demanded Americans leave the holyland. And worried about conquering the world at the same time.

And so? It doesnt refute anything I said.

And so? It doesnt refute anything I said.

Congrats

Back
Top Bottom