• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Federal judge strikes down Trump-era border policy known as Title 42

Not really (as if you didn’t already know).

That’s also the standard right wing cop out when anyone talks about gun regulation, too!
True, but as one who worked with these laws for years, it frustrates me that neither reporters, commentators or politicians ever mention them nor the obligations they impose, to say nothing of how they, like many human rights treaties, have their raison d'etre in WWII, the holocaust, and the allies' failure to shelter refugees. It would be like discussing gun control at length with no reference to the Second Amendment or the Supreme Court decision.

You going to force people to take jobs they don't want?
RATHER than allow millions of undocumented, unvetted people to sneak into the country to take them? Duh? How many of the 150 million workers currently fill a job would do that IF they didn't have to?

They’re the same people we are but they speak a different language. Maybe if they came with subtitles it would be easier for you. I’ll ask at the meeting tonight, let you know tomorrow😜
Isn't that the line that has been popular with the dominant group in America since around 1604? Look what's happened to the dominant groups that did NOT act on it and just allowed unrestricted immigration of people whose very cultural bases were totally different from that of the dominant group.

Of course. Congress writes the law and the Executive Branch enforces them.
Correction "... and the Executive Branch administers how the laws are enforced.".

While it might seem that that is a negligible difference, it isn't.

America is gone and there's going to be no peaceful way to get her back.
Over half the nation is morally compromised and under globalist control.
Let the masses enjoy their serfdom.
Since you are so proud of your ethnic heritage, perhaps you could tell me what is special about October 9, 1895?

What sort of work are they qualified to perform? Particularly without a work permit.
Without a work permit, a Swede with a PhD in medicine is not "qualified" to perform ANY work in the United States of America (not even in Mentor, Ohio) even if they are fluently literate in Swedish, French, German, Chinese, Spanish, and English.

we are collectively the dumbest country in history.

at some point someone out there who has a beef with us is going to smuggle in a dirty bomb to one of our cities becsue we can;t tell who the hell is coming in whatsoever. I am really surprised it has not already happened. It might only be because they can trace where the radioactive material came from to some extent, I dunno.

Without a work permit, a Swede with a PhD in medicine is not "qualified" to perform ANY work in the United States of America (not even in Mentor, Ohio) even if they are fluently literate in Swedish, French, German, Chinese, Spanish, and English.
Great. Not sure why you addressed that to me rather than Galactic. Perhaps its past your bed time.

Except it has been
Not much at all. It has not. My point is correct. Yours is not.

We need more people in the labor force. Whe unemployment is too low, it leads to slower economic growth than otherwise.

We don’t need any more immigrants, in fact we need much fewer, we should be canceling visas by the tens of thousands and returning people home. Recent massive lay offs in the tech industry should mean we should be canceling all the H1B visas previously issued for that sector
Nope. Say, "Howdy, neighbor!"

Great. Not sure why you addressed that to me rather than Galactic. Perhaps its past your bed time.
I know that you have an attention span issue, but if you will search all the way back to Post 65 in this thread you will find that you posted

"What sort of work are they qualified to perform? Particularly without a work permit."

Now, please tell me why I should not have responded to what you actually posted?

I know that you have an attention span issue, but if you will search all the way back to Post 65 in this thread you will find that you posted

"What sort of work are they qualified to perform? Particularly without a work permit."

Now, please tell me why I should not have responded to what you actually posted?
I know what I posted. I was responding to a poster who said we needed more asylum seekers because we have jobs to fill. Do your best to actually follow a conversation in the future rather than just injecting the usual idiocy.

Are you thinking those 3.5% are employable?
Possibly. Probably as much as random illegal aliens being released willy-nilly around the US.

Possibly. Probably as much as random illegal aliens being released willy-nilly around the US.
Kinda weird how we've never gotten below that, IIRC.

Pretty sure that 3.5% are the meth heads, invalids, and the crazy sector of the homeless people population.

Correction "... and the Executive Branch administers how the laws are enforced.".
Nope, I'm correct. That's why it's called the Executive Branch
While it might seem that that is a negligible difference, it isn't.
There are several enforcement agencies within the Executive Branch. Maybe Canada is different :lol:

Maybe this will cause the GQP house to get off their assess and actually negotiate an immigration bill...
They're not the ones dragging their feet. 😂 😂 😂

Kinda weird how we've never gotten below that, IIRC.

Pretty sure that 3.5% are the meth heads, invalids, and the crazy sector of the homeless people population.
Actually, the 3.5% is based on people IN the workforce, not the population. Check Bureau of Labor Statistics for details.

Not as much as we need more Americans to get off the sidelines and see employment.
they are already off the sidelines...that is why we are at just over 3% unemployment....the rest are unable to work due to age or disability.

they are already off the sidelines...that is why we are at just over 3% unemployment....the rest are unable to work due to age or disability.
Wrong. Unemployment is calculated by dividing those with a job by the total workforce - those with a job plus those actively looking for a job.

Back
Top Bottom