• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Federal judge says Oath Keepers founder poses 'convincing danger,' orders him in jail

RAMOSS

Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
He wanted to be remanded to his wife's parent's house, but it came out that they were whack job sovereign citizen idiots.

THE FAR-RIGHT MILITIA GROUP THAT BELIEVES THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT PLANS TO  IMPOSE MARTIAL LAW | Daily Mail Online

Well,, the bid of the Oath Keepers founder to get a bond set for his involvment in the 1/6 riot /insurrection has been denied.

Reading the article, I would agree that the guy sounds dangerous. Here's an interesting quote from the article:

Rhodes allegedly sent encrypted messages through the Signal app in which he implied that his followers should prepare for violence if former President Donald Trump were to not invoke the Insurrection Act after his defeat in the 2020 general election, prosecutors said.

Prosecutors read some of Rhodes' messages in court in which he said Oath Keepers should "prepare to walk the same path as the founding fathers," CNN reported.

"He must know that if he doesn't act, we will. He has to understand that we will have no choice," Rhodes allegedly said in one message.

It sound like he incited the riot, not Trump. In fact, he says "He must know that if he doesn't act, we will. He has to understand that we will have no choice," That pretty much absolves Trump.

Ramoss, have you alerted the 1/6 committee of your findings? Maybe they need a link to the article.

Well,, the bid of the Oath Keepers founder to get a bond set for his involvment in the 1/6 riot /insurrection has been denied.

Hold a guy who I don't believe is charged with killing anyone or attempting to kill anyone, but release a guy who attempted to murder a mayoral candidate. Somehow that doesn't make much sense.

Hold a guy who I don't believe is charged with killing anyone or attempting to kill anyone, but release a guy who attempted to murder a mayoral candidate. Somehow that doesn't make much sense.
Considering that this person shooting people to overthrow the legit government.. well,

Considering that this person shooting people to overthrow the legit government.. well,

Mmmm...I do not think attempted murderers should be allowed on bail any more than ringleaders of putsches should be.

Mmmm...I do not think attempted murderers should be allowed on bail any more than ringleaders of putsches should be.

He was the apparant leader, or one of the apparant leaders, of the storm troops who insinuated themselves into the crowd with the intended purpose of inciting a riot.

A lot of us, me included, think it’s only a matter of time before the link between them and the plotters in the trump White House will be documented.

If I've said it once, I've said it 100 times. Two wrongs don't make a right.

It's quite clear to me the guy who shot at the mayor was a wack job. Stuart Roades was of sound mind and judgement. He wanted violence and conspired to make that happen. A huge difference.

Your whataboutisms just don't add up in this case.

For those unfamiliar with the difference between state and federal law when it comes to bail, it's not surprising it doesn't make much sense...

He was the apparant leader, or one of the apparant leaders, of the storm troops who insinuated themselves into the crowd with the intended purpose of inciting a riot.

A lot of us, me included, think it’s only a matter of time before the link between them and the plotters in the trump White House will be documented.
Agreed. I have an opinion that the connection moves through Roger Stone, perhaps with Alex Jones in the mix somewhere. I believe both have pleaded the 5th A to the 1-6 committee. Innocent people don't need to plead the 5th.

Back
Top Bottom