• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Federal judge rules Tennessee abortion law unconstitutional

Alright, so if we (a) could remove the child safely from the womb with no harm to either party and (b) at zero expense to the mother, that would still not satisfy you. We've mitigated as much as possible all concerns for bodily autonomy and expense, yet that's insufficient.

It's getting hard to think of any case where you'd be satisfied except when the result is a dead baby. We could address all your concerns for the mother, but if the baby remained alive, it seems that simply would not serve.

If women wish to use and/or require that their partners use birth control to address their concerns with too many children, i have no objection. If, having created a child, someone seeks to kill him or her to address that concern, that's monstrous.
That's right. What is wrong is for you to frame your posts like "I want women to have abortions." That's bullshit. What I want is for women to have a choice for what is best for their lives and the responsibilities they already have to dependents (kids, elderly, disabled), and their other commitments in life.

I'd be more than happy if no women ever needed to have abortions but by no means do I ever believe that any stranger or govt should have the right to decide that need for her.

And your scenario was no more than a 'gotcha.' I pointed out how it was wholly unrealistic. And you didnt even acknowledge that...you just said, "so then you ALWAYS want women to have abortions." That's dishonest and completely in bad faith. It doesnt matter how safe it is, or how cheap....if she does not consent, there would be no removal procedure, period. Because her right to consent is the preservation of her rights as an equal person in this country.

And no 'children' are harmed by abortion. So drop the 'monstrous' drama. What's monstrous is adding more kids unnecessarily to an already huge pool of kids waiting to be adopted...aware and hoping. Each new infant means one of them has less chance of being adopted. These are kids that feel and suffer. The unborn suffers nothing. You are kidding yourself if you believe you have some moral High Ground adding to this suffering.

I believe in quality of life, not quantity.

Last edited:
I looked it up. It's legal until 24 weeks
Again wrong, in these nations, abortion in certain circumstances can legally done up to twenty eight weeks. And because the baby can be small and mistake in actual gestation period, it has been done up to thirty weeks. (I did hear up to thirty two weeks where a baby can actually survive with medical intervention).
But the abortion act is still in place, you only have a get up of jail card, which also makes a mockery of your venom and spleen! But again, it's not law, it's an act, contract law, not a right!
Any government can revoke this aberration at any time they want,

So, again, if (just IF) it were possible to transplant the fetus to an artificial womb with no more expense in time, money, or pain than an abortion, would you then be willing to restrict abortion?

No, nor would I be willing to ban abortion either. Even if the artificial womb became an actual thing instead of a sci-fi fantasy, as it is now.

But back to your question, my answer is as above. For the 800,000 abortions/year, and if every single woman consented? Still no. Because that's not realistic and since you cant guarantee every single woman would consent, I would never agree to legislature that removed her choice.

Agreed. Neither would I.

It's getting hard to think of any case where you'd be satisfied except when the result is a dead baby.

If a woman wants to have an abortion because she doesn't want a baby, that is her right. As a pro-choice woman myself, I want each woman who is pregnant to be able to decide for herself whether or not to continue a pregnancy. Even when the choice for some women is abortion. If it isn't your pregnancy, meaning if you aren't the woman who is pregnant, it isn't your decision. Nor should it ever be.

Again wrong, in these nations, abortion in certain circumstances can legally done up to twenty eight weeks. And because the baby can be small and mistake in actual gestation period, it has been done up to thirty weeks. (I did hear up to thirty two weeks where a baby can actually survive with medical intervention).
But the abortion act is still in place, you only have a get up of jail card, which also makes a mockery of your venom and spleen! But again, it's not law, it's an act, contract law, not a right!

In other words... Legal.

Therefore neither infanticide nor murder.

Words mean things.

The law in Scotland, England and Wales makes it legal to have an abortion during the first 24 weeks of pregnancy, so long as certain criteria are met (see below). The Abortion Act 1967 covers the UK mainland but not Northern Ireland.

The law states that:

• abortion treatment must be carried out in a hospital or a licensed clinic
  • two doctors must agree that an abortion would cause less risk to a woman's physical or mental health (or that of her existing children) than continuing with the pregnancy
There are also a number of rarer situations when the law states that an abortion may be carried out later in pregnancy. These include:

• if it is necessary to save the woman's life
  • to prevent grave permanent injury to the physical or mental health of the pregnant woman
  • if there is substantial risk that the child would be born with serious physical or mental disabilities

It's a good idea to look things up before making claims.

It's a good idea to look things up before making claims.
Mmm..... look up act...... look up law, they are not the same, one is law, the other is contract law! A voluntary agreement, abortion act! Aye a very good idea!

I have read so many of your posts, and all I can say is relative to the subject, you left your motherly instincts at the door of the abortion clinics! So hung up to deceive yourselves, you make excuses by even the words you use to justify your actions! Hogwash I'd call it! And the idea, stressful situation, not being conductive is just *****footing around, it's really just cramping my style! Any excuse will do. To commit this crime, you gave no motherly instincts, you have no will to share, nor the want of onerious duty to that, your child! But as I said previously your a product of your environment!

So, what Mother Nature does makes you squeamish LOL!

From History:
In past centuries, abortion was legal under common law before “quickening,” or when the pregnant woman could feel the fetus move, beginning around 16 weeks. The birth rate steadily dropped in the decades after the American Revolution, as couples sought to control the size of their families for a variety of reasons.

Abortion in the early stages of a pregnancy was common and generally not considered immoral or murderous. Along with breastfeeding, abstinence, the use of the rhythm method, vaginal douching and the use of herbs like pennyroyal or savin, which were believed to stimulate menstruation, abortion was considered part of the universe of what we now call “birth control.” By the 1820s, abortion services and contraceptive devices were advertised in newspapers with coded language.

The right-wing Christians are not going to stop abortions any more then they'll stop crooked politicians.
That is why I refuse to call them "pro-life" and prefer "pro-illegal abortionists". I think they get their jollies thinking of women being forced to go to back alley butchers. Or perhaps they see it as a financial opportunity for them.

So, what Mother Nature does makes you squeamish LOL!
Not at all, Mother Nature is beautiful, even in all its cruelty! That's life.
You targers have the lack of morals, integrity, humanity, respect or love in your seems to me, your rotten hearts of stone!
Aye fine mothers each of you will make....... each and every one, I'm sure there are some Americans desperately trying to see your true worth!
Myself, I'll not hold my breath, you might understand my logic!

You targers have the lack of morals, integrity, humanity, respect or love in your seems to me, your rotten hearts of stone!
Aye fine mothers each of you will make....... each and every one, I'm sure there are some Americans desperately trying to see your true worth!

Disproving your claims is not a justification for you to insult others.

Mmm..... look up act...... look up law, they are not the same, one is law, the other is contract law! A voluntary agreement, abortion act! Aye a very good idea!

:ROFLMAO: I proved my point, you have failed to prove yours.

Pity should be reserved for the poor souls who cannot understand words have meaning.
Mmm... as you have no pity for that ten year old child, repeatedly strangled by your IDF friends, you would be the last person who I could give any credence!

Mmm... as you have no pity for that ten year old child, repeatedly strangled by your IDF friends, you would be the last person who I could give any credence!

The ten year old child you had so much pity and concern for you started a thread on her behalf?

That ten year old child?

Why do you feel the need to inject JEWS into every discussion?

Not at all, Mother Nature is beautiful, even in all its cruelty! That's life. You targers have the lack of morals, integrity, humanity, respect or love in your seems to me, your rotten hearts of stone! Aye fine mothers each of you will make....... each and every one, I'm sure there are some Americans desperately trying to see your true worth! Myself, I'll not hold my breath, you might understand my logic!

So, if an abortion happens in nature in order to preserve the species it's beautiful but if a women get abortions in order to preserve their living families it's an abomination? Why the difference?

So, if an abortion happens in nature in order to preserve the species it's beautiful but if a women get abortions in order to preserve their living families it's an abomination? Why the difference?
Aye...it could only be you that would come up with that line!
If a woman has a spontaneous abortion, it's natures way or ridding itself of life that's not viable, if it's natural!
But you targers don't understand the difference, is that because you refuse to look at the facts, or sick of the deceit one tells oneself?
You abort to preserve? What? Preserve their living family! What? No lady, you're killing your family!
Goodness me, what a mixed up person you are!

I googled the heck out of 'targer' and didnt get anything back, including as a Scottish term. Did you make it up?

Otherwise, what does 'targer' mean?

I googled the heck out of 'targer' and didnt get anything back, including as a Scottish term. Did you make it up?

Otherwise, what does 'targer' mean?

Targer

Someone who is loud, obnoxious and [confrontational]; especially a woman.
[Irish] slang. Especially in [Dublin].

Targer

Someone who is loud, obnoxious and [confrontational]; especially a woman.
[Irish] slang. Especially in [Dublin].

Thank you. I couldnt find it but I was googling it as a Scottish term.

.......If a woman has a spontaneous abortion, it's natures way or ridding itself of life that's not viable. But you targers don't understand the difference, is that because you refuse to look at the facts, or sick of the deceit one tells oneself? You abort to preserve? What? Preserve their living family! What? No lady, you're killing your family! Goodness me, what a mixed up person you are!
Dealing with the limited capacity of your gallopavo reasoning is unsettling. One doesn't know whether it makes sense to hope you can profit from the truth or just leave you happy in your cacophony.

Dealing with the limited capacity of your gallopavo reasoning is unsettling. One doesn't know whether it makes sense to hope you can profit from the truth or just leave you happy in your cacophony.
Mmm..... what's that in the air...... mmmm..... that perfume..... yes I can tell BS when I smell it!

Back
Top Bottom