• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Federal judge overturns wisconsin's voter id law

Actually I don't think EITHER needs tightening because there isn't proof of any wide-spread voter fraud (convictions), but if you are going to force IDs for folks, there needs to be verification for absintee ballots AT THE SAME TIME as you are calling for voter IDs.

The right hasn't focused AT ALL on absentee ballots which has a chance at voter fraud every much as voter IDs would so called prevent. THAT is hypocritical.

And it's just as hypocritical of the left to call for tightening of absentee ballotting while at the same time opposing voter IDs. Again, your distraction point shows your true motivation for opposing voter IDs.

Btw, absentee ballots go through a more stringent process of verification before acceptance.

And it's just as hypocritical of the left to call for tightening of absentee ballotting while at the same time opposing voter IDs. Again, your distraction point shows your true motivation for opposing voter IDs.

Btw, absentee ballots go through a more stringent process of verification before acceptance.

Where is the calls of the left to tighten ONLY absentee ballots, please show us where.

But that same voter i.d law goes againist 132 years of judicial precedent.

No, it doesn't. Perhaps you're too young, but in California we were always required to bring along a current utility bill or mail to show we lived in the voting district and we were who we said we were.

Where is the calls of the left to tighten ONLY absentee ballots, please show us where.

Wow, you really want to distract from your losing position against voter IDs. Again, if you think that is a necessary ADDITION, suggest it! Start a thread, call your reps, start a movement to tighten absentee ballotting. The left doesn't want to tighten anything - except of course to disallow military absentee ballots at every turn.

No, it doesn't. Perhaps you're too young, but in California we were always required to bring along a current utility bill or mail to show we lived in the voting district and we were who we said we were.

I don't think you have read Wisconsin's constitution. The judges struck down the voter I.d law because it violated the constitution.

http://media.jrn.com/documents/adelmanorder.pdf

Wow, you really want to distract from your losing position against voter IDs. Again, if you think that is a necessary ADDITION, suggest it! Start a thread, call your reps, start a movement to tighten absentee ballotting. The left doesn't want to tighten anything - except of course to disallow military absentee ballots at every turn.

You keep making that claim that the left wants to tighten absentee ballots and provide no proof. You've lost son, you're out of your league on this. You're just pissed cause the right is rightfully being called hypocrites because they want to tighten ONLY voter i.d.s and not absentee ballots. They don't care about absentee voter fraud only so called "voter-fraud (with little convictions) for an agenda. Clown indeed.

I don't think you have read Wisconsin's constitution. The judges struck down the voter I.d law because it violated the constitution.

http://media.jrn.com/documents/adelmanorder.pdf

Bull**** plain and simple and at odds with what you just posted. YOU said it was overturned due to 14th amendment issues. That's the FEDERAL constitution, and in fact this was a federal, not a state judge. It would have been the state's supremes or district court justices that overturned if it were against the state's constitution.

Last edited:
Bull**** plain and simple and at odds with what you just posted. YOU said it was overturned due to 14th amendment issues. That's the FEDRAL constitution, and in fact this was a federal, not a state judge. It would have been the state's supremes or district court justices that overturned if it were against the state's constitution.

Sorry I was confused between two seperate decsions.

But the voter id law was still struck down

You keep making that claim that the left wants to tighten absentee ballots and provide no proof. You've lost son, you're out of your league on this. You're just pissed cause the right is rightfully being called hypocrites because they want to tighten ONLY voter i.d.s and not absentee ballots. They don't care about absentee voter fraud only so called "voter-fraud (with little convictions) for an agenda. Clown indeed.

The dems have a long history in modern times of suppressing the military vote, which is largely absentee, and you know this. It means you're arguing your distraction from a lying position. Again, the thread isn't about absentee ballotting, but VOTER ID. You can't seem to repair your losing argument on the requirement of voter ID, so you lie and distract.

Obama Accused Of Suppressing Military Vote By Withholding Absentee Ballots - Forbes

The dems have a long history in modern times of suppressing the military vote, which is largely absentee, and you know this. It means you're arguing your distraction from a lying position. Again, the thread isn't about absentee ballotting, but VOTER ID. You can't seem to repair your losing argiment on the requirement of voter ID, so you lie and distract.

Obama Accused Of Suppressing Military Vote By Withholding Absentee Ballots - Forbes

There is no losing argument on my part, you got called out on your hypocrisy you support. You support poor and elderly getting disenfranchised. Deal with it son.

There is no losing argument on my part, you got called out on your hypocrisy you support. You support poor and elderly getting disenfranchised. Deal with it son.

Give the lies a rest. I support tightening up absentee ballots (though again, the process is already tighter than showing up to vote without ID). The poor and the elderly are not disenfranchised by the ID requirement - that is where you lose your argument and why you feel the need to lie and distract.

Guess what, you need ID to cash your SS checks, as well as your subsistance checks. You need ID to get TANF.

So? I've never been in a car accident, does that mean I shouldn't wear a seat belt?

Well its very easy to demonstrate that car accidents do occur.

That's gotta be one of the worst analogies I've ever seen.

Umm we have documented evidence of voter fraud. ACORN was dismantled for that kind of thing. the arrested another lady for voting 6 times of course our lovely DOJ did nothing to her.

so we have evidence.

Umm we have documented evidence of voter fraud. ACORN was dismantled for that kind of thing. the arrested another lady for voting 6 times of course our lovely DOJ did nothing to her.

so we have evidence.

I said voter impersonation, which is a type of fraud but not the only kind of fraud, so don't take what I said to be a claim that there is no fraud at all. I simply said that the state of Wisconsin in defending its voter ID law could not provide a single example of voter impersonation taking place, which is the kind of fraud that voter ID is supposed to stop.

So either the problem in Wisconsin is blown way out of proportion, OR the state put forward the most incompetent defense in history.

Low income areas in my city are well away from the DMV in my city.

Wisconsin’s voter ID decision: Judge Lynn Adelman destroys the conservative argument of voter fraud.

It's not that nonwhites can't get identification, but that they are most likely to face circumstances poverty, geographic isolation, etc.that makes it hard to obtain one.

This is where our DMV was once located;

https://maps.google.com/maps?q=8026...6+39th+Ave,+Kenosha,+Wisconsin+53142&t=m&z=16

Then they moved the DMV out to the county.

https://maps.google.com/maps?q=4911...1+88th+Ave,+Kenosha,+Wisconsin+53144&t=m&z=16

This move made it more difficult for poorer people to get to the new location to obtain a ID card.

If you click and open the first and second Google map links, you'll see how close to city center the DMV was, and in the second link, it shows how far away they moved it from city center, making it more difficult for people in the city to travel to. Try standing on a bus stop in fall and winter in this state waiting for a bus, which sometimes doesn't run to locations on a timely basis.

Because the left are usually the ones without the ability to get an ID, so it DOES disenfranchise one side more.
Why is that when ID cards are provided by the government (state or federal) free?

Also, what are the validations to make sure there isn't absentee ballot fraud? I thought you on the right were concerned with POSSIBLE voter fraud yet no one on the right focuses on absentee ballots. Seems you aren't that concerned about voter fraud after all.
The right already knows there's voter fraud and will continue to be until steps are taken to validate a voters identification; the left minimizes voter fraud (real or possible) by constant idealoging and propaganda with comments such as "voter fraud is a myth". I for one have no problem with validating 1 vote per citizen in any and all matters. That's the whole purpose. Fraudsters disenfranchise honest voters and nullify their votes yet I don't see you yelling loudly about that and perhaps they should.

Nonsense and you didn't think that through at all. It's also very easy to demonstrate that voter fraud does occur.

Nonsense and you didn't think that through at all. It's also very easy to demonstrate that voter fraud does occur.

Thats true, but what I said was that in Wisconsin the state was unable to demonstrate that voter impersonation existed, do you see that I'm talking about just the state of Wisconsin and just voter impersonation here?

Voter ID only addresses a certain type of voter fraud, it doesn't stop nor is it meant to stop all kinds of voter fraud. And the kind it is meant to stop had not a single example the state could put forward as to why they needed the law.

Thats true, but what I said was that in Wisconsin the state was unable to demonstrate that voter impersonation existed, do you see that I'm talking about just the state of Wisconsin and just voter impersonation here?

I don't believe that's true. Perhaps they couldn't demonstrate it was as significant problem. But to say it has never existed at all is some serious head burying.

Voter ID only addresses a certain type of voter fraud, it doesn't stop nor is it meant to stop all kinds of voter fraud. And the kind it is meant to stop had not a single example the state could put forward as to why they needed the law.

It stops more than just impersonation. It stops multiple voting under multiple names. It goes a long way towards ending the dead vote (which there is no doubt exists).

I don't believe that's true. Perhaps they couldn't demonstrate it was as significant problem. But to say it has never existed at all is some serious head burying.

It stops more than just impersonation. It stops multiple voting under multiple names. It goes a long way towards ending the dead vote (which there is no doubt exists).

I'll link the source again

Federal judge strikes down Wisconsin's voter ID law

Adelman, who is based in Milwaukee, found the state didn't have an appropriate rationale for imposing a voter ID requirement. In-person voter impersonation — the only type of fraud a voter ID law can prevent — is nonexistent or virtually nonexistent in Wisconsin, he wrote.

"Because virtually no voter impersonation occurs in Wisconsin and it is exceedingly unlikely that voter impersonation will become a problem in Wisconsin in the foreseeable future, this particular state interest has very little weight," he wrote.

"The defendants could not point to a single instance of known voter impersonation occurring in Wisconsin at any time in the recent past."

Also voting under multiple names is voter impersonation, you're impersonating another person. That's pretty much the definition of voter impersonation

I'll link the source again

Federal judge strikes down Wisconsin's voter ID law

Also voting under multiple names is voter impersonation, you're impersonating another person. That's pretty much the definition of voter impersonation

So, this FEDERAL judge thinks, off the top of his pointy head that "virtually no voter impersonation occurs in Wisconsin", so we should just leave that part of the system wide open. Your loose definition leaves dead voting to be voter impersonation. Dead voting is indeed a problem and occurs everywhere, except Wisconsin according to this judge and you.

Back
Top Bottom