• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Federal judge overturns wisconsin's voter id law

Another Con that can't refute anything and just repeats like a parrot. Sorry you hate the truth hurts you con.

Whatever. That you made an ad hominem attack is obvious to everyone who understands the meaning of the words.

No it isn't. The fact the right is completely focused on so called "prevention of voter fraud" yet allows absentee ballots to go uncalled for check shows that they only care to disenfranchise ONE side only and don't really care about so called "voter fraud". Chew on that Con

Rubbish. IF, and that's a big if, there are voter irregularity problems with the state's use of absentee balloting, then that needs to be dealt with as well. But that says NOTHING negative about the ID requirement. Two separate issues and BOTH should be dealt with.

So your claiming Democrats are somehow prevented from using absentee ballots?

Didn't say that, but since the majority of them go to the GOP, that is why the right doesn't focus on them. It's funny how we hear all the time about so called "wide-spread" voting fraud, with VERY little convictions yet no major voices on the right want to focus on absentee ballots. The reality is quite clear how dishonest the right is being with this.

Rubbish. IF, and that's a big if, there are voter irregularity problems with the state's use of absentee balloting, then that needs to be dealt with as well. But that says NOTHING negative about the ID requirement. Two separate issues and BOTH should be dealt with.

Two separate issues, but the right only wants to focus on the one that doesn't hurt them. ****ing hypocrites.

Whatever. That you made an ad hominem attack is obvious to everyone who understands the meaning of the words.

/yawn, yet again you can't refute what I say. Typical Con that doesn't know the word he is throwing around. What a fool comment you make.

/yawn, yet again you can't refute what I say. Typical Con that doesn't know the word he is throwing around. What a fool comment you make.

That's nice.

`
As a Wisconsin resident who considers herself liberal/progressive on many issues, I had no problems with the ID requirement considering the state would pay for the ID if a person could not afford one.
`

Two separate issues, but the right only wants to focus on the one that doesn't hurt them. ****ing hypocrites.

And the left that opposes ID only want to focus on the one that doesn't hurt them, ****ing hypocrites indeed. In fact your opposition to ID and wanting to distract by bringing up the other problems of voting fall right in line with that.

And the left that opposes ID only want to focus on the one that doesn't hurt them, ****ing hypocrites indeed. In fact your opposition to ID and wanting to distract by bringing up the other problems of voting fall right in line with that.

If the left were focused on absentee ballots ONLY you would be correct, but they are not. So your ridiculous argument is refuted. The right only wants to attack the other side and not hurt THEIR possible case for voter fraud with absentee ballots. Where are all the calls for validating absentee ballots Clown?

Nope it's proven the hypocrites are on the right on this issue.

Didn't say that, but since the majority of them go to the GOP, that is why the right doesn't focus on them. It's funny how we hear all the time about so called "wide-spread" voting fraud, with VERY little convictions yet no major voices on the right want to focus on absentee ballots. The reality is quite clear how dishonest the right is being with this.

Well your intent is to say that absentee ballots favors one side and by not implementing ID requirements on absentee ballots or some sort of advantage for Republicans. ID's will be required for all political parties so I don't understand how anyone can claim disenfranchisement when it effects everyone.

Well your intent is to say that absentee ballots favors one side and by not implementing ID requirements on absentee ballots or some sort of advantage for Republicans. ID's will be required for all political parties so I don't understand how anyone can claim disenfranchisement when it effects everyone.

Because the left are usually the ones without the ability to get an ID, so it DOES disenfranchise one side more. Also, what are the validations to make sure there isn't absentee ballot fraud? I thought you on the right were concerned with POSSIBLE voter fraud yet no one on the right focuses on absentee ballots. Seems you aren't that concerned about voter fraud after all.

If the left were focused on absentee ballots ONLY you would be correct, but they are not. So your ridiculous argument is refuted. The right only wants to attack the other side and not hurt THEIR possible case for voter fraud with absentee ballots. Where are all the calls for validating absentee ballots Clown?

Nope it's proven the hypocrites are on the right on this issue.

Again you just highlight the hypocisy in the left that you decry in the right. Where are the leftist calls FOR voter IDs? Nowehere to be found because that serves them to allow fraud there.

Now, you want to start a thread, and a movement towards nailing down absentee ballots - go ahead. Just might agree with you. In fact the folks on the right might agree with you. But the issue involved in this thread is voter ID and fixing that gaping hole in our system.

Again you just highlight the hypocisy in the left that you decry in the right. Where are the leftist calls FOR voter IDs? Nowehere to be found because that serves them to allow fraud there.

Now, you want to start a thread, and a movement towards nailing down absentee ballots - go ahead. Just might agree with you. In fact the folks on the right might agree with you. But the issue involved in this thread is voter ID and fixing that gaping hole in our system.

Then why not set up a process to get I.ds on Election Day?

There isn't hypocrisy on the left for this. The hypocrisy would be if the left went after ONLY absentee ballots, they don't. You don't even know how to use the word "hypocrisy" correctly. :lamo

The issue is the hypocrisy of the right. They are only concerned with Voter IDs for groups they don't (people in voting booths) like and not fighting again voter fraud for groups they like (absentee ballots)

The issue is the hypocrisy of the right. They are only concerned with Voter IDs for groups they don't like and not fighting again voter fraud for groups they like.

No, that's your dodge as distraction from the voter ID issue at discussion. Again, you want to tighten up the possibilities of voter fraud through absentee ballotting, I'm good with that too. Doesn't negate the need for voter ID or make voter ID somehow disenfranchisement.

Then why not set up a process to get I.ds on Election Day?

Uh duh? That's what we're talking about here. Wisconsin has tried to mandate voter IDs and a federal court judge overturned the law.

No, that's your dodge as distraction from the voter ID issue at discussion. Again, you want to tighten up the possibilities of voter fraud through absentee ballotting, I'm good with that too. Doesn't negate the need for voter ID or make voter ID somehow disenfranchisement.

The judge struck down the law because it violated the 14th ammendment.

Actually I don't think EITHER needs tightening because there isn't proof of any wide-spread voter fraud (convictions), but if you are going to force IDs for folks, there needs to be verification for absintee ballots AT THE SAME TIME as you are calling for voter IDs.

The right hasn't focused AT ALL on absentee ballots which has a chance at voter fraud every much as voter IDs would so called prevent. THAT is hypocritical.

Back
Top Bottom