• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

FEC fines Clinton campaign, DNC for spending on ‘Steele Dossier’ to damage Trump in 2016

Why in the world would you be complaining about a committee of bulldogs who are getting to the bottom who was responsible for the attempted insurrection of the United States.

Do you not live here?

I guess even a charlatan like yourself can't spot another one.

All the best as they waste your money and your time holding out the hope that somehow your fantasy will come true.

I guess even a charlatan like yourself can't spot another one.

All the best as they waste your money and your time holding out the hope that somehow your fantasy will come true.
You can downplay the attempted insurrection all you want but it's not gonna work.

Plus, all of us are gonna eventually die and the historians will speak about the attempted insurrection for all future generations.

Sucks ro be on your side yet again.

You can downplay the attempted insurrection all you want but it's not gonna work.

Plus, all of us are gonna eventually die and the historians will speak about the attempted insurrection for all future generations.

Sucks ro be on your side yet again.

It doesn't need to work. It simply wasn't......can't help you there.

Historians will more likely laugh at the baboon-like crowd that can't let go of their favorite banana.

I am doing quite well on my side.

You are the one's who have a president who is free falling in the polls and headed for a wipeout in 2022.

Enjoy the ride.

Federal election laws prevent campaigns from getting "anything of value" from foreign governments/individuals. The fact that the DNC and HFA campaign paid for this fake report makes it meet the burden of "anything of value"
Apparently you don't know what the FEC investigated or what they found. The fines were because the parties didn't properly disclose the payments, effectively burying the costs of partisan campaign investigations in non-specific "legal fees" on the disclosure forms.
Unlike Trump when he may have asked foreign governments or individuals for campaign dirt, he didn't offer any money, therefor it doesn't meet the burden of "anything of value".

When Trump asked the Ukraine to investigate Hunter Biden's dealings there, and threatened to withhold funds, it was as his official capacity as President. We never give out money with no strings attached, the whole point of foreign aid is to bend other nations into doing what we want. Now the argument can be made that Trump was acting as incumbent campaigner for reelection and only trying to dig up dirt on his chief political rival, but that ship sailed with the failed convection for his impeachment.

The US never wants to send money to a nation that is going to squander it with corrupt patronage jobs for well connected people, and Trump as President had every right to ensure our money went to the aid it was earmarked by Congress, not to enrich crooks.
None of that has a thing to do with the FEC action against the DNC or the Clinton campaign.

It doesn't need to work. It simply wasn't......can't help you there.

Historians will more likely laugh at the baboon-like crowd that can't let go of their favorite banana.

I am doing quite well on my side.

You are the one's who have a president who is free falling in the polls and headed for a wipeout in 2022.

Enjoy the ride.
like i said, you can continue to pretend it wasn't an attempted insurrection but no one will listen to you. hell, the history of it is already written/continuing to be written.

look, if you want to save yourself some major stress don't be around as the committee continues their work (and now on the coverup too) and then let's the entire country know the specifics of the whole thing (that we aren't even privy to yet). hell, as bad as it already is that will send the insurrection supporters, sympathizers and deniers off the cliff.

take cover.

like i said, you can continue to pretend it wasn't an attempted insurrection but no one will listen to you. hell, the history of it is already written/continuing to be written.

look, if you want to save yourself some major stress don't be around as the committee continues their work (and now on the coverup too) and then let's the entire country know the specifics of the whole thing (that we aren't even privy to yet). hell, as bad as it already is that will send the insurrection supporters, sympathizers and deniers off the cliff.

take cover.

Best of luck in you fantasy witch hunt !

Please do share…
The large blue letters are a link to a CNN article.
Steele has maintained that his research was unverified, required further investigation and was not meant for public disclosure. But his memos were leaked in January 2017, weeks before Trump took office. Over the years, a series of investigations and lawsuits have discredited many of Steele's central allegations about collusion and exposed the unreliability of Steele's sourcing.

Your turn. Still waiting on you to back up your position that nothing in the dossier was discredited.
Snag_74beebc.png
Snag_74d703b.png

Apparently you don't know what the FEC investigated or what they found. The fines were because the parties didn't properly disclose the payments, effectively burying the costs of partisan campaign investigations in non-specific "legal fees" on the disclosure forms.

None of that has a thing to do with the FEC action against the DNC or the Clinton campaign.
It has everything to do with it, perhaps you should enlighten yourself on the letter of the law:

while also claiming Hillary Clinton’s campaign did something similar by commissioning a firm that hired a former British spy, Christopher Steele, to compile that infamous dossier on Trump and his campaign’s ties to Russia.
Why would you think they were "misleading" on how they filed that they spent the money?

Clearly they knew they were braking the law.

It comes as no shock to me that the FEC would stop short of citing it in plain English.

Back
Top Bottom