• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

FBI, DOJ roiled by Comey, Lynch decision to let Clinton slide by on emails, says insi (1 Viewer)

Re: FBI, DOJ roiled by Comey, Lynch decision to let Clinton slide by on emails, says

Washington Post just put out an article where Loretta Lynch could have stepped in and told the FBI director James Comey do not send it a letter to Congress informing them that he was going to reopen the case on Hillary Clinton's email scandal.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/national-security/the-attorney-general-could-have-ordered-fbi-director-james-comey-not-to-send-his-bombshell-letter-on-clinton-emails-heres-why-she-didnt/2016/12/21/7824d00a-c5fd-11e6-85b5-76616a33048d_story.html?utm_term=.b616e2ddfeb8#comments

Go back to my original point as I said before FBI director James Comey was not trying to sabotage Hillary Clinton's chances of winning the election. You may have an opinion but you need to support your opinion. Try again.

Yeah. I saw that earlier. That piece also noted that the Bill Clinton / Loretta Lynch meeting certainly screwed the pooch too ... but the Party faithful don't seem enthusiastic about mentioning sweet Lor-retta in their list of targets.
Membership in that target group appears to be restricted.

Re: FBI, DOJ roiled by Comey, Lynch decision to let Clinton slide by on emails, says

I haven't seen this much dissent and scorn since the Bush Administration lost 22 MILLION emails while using a GOP server!

Oh wait.... it wasn't Hillary so it's all okay, nothing to see here folks!

Completely ignoring the changes in the laws and regulation between the two events. :roll: :doh

Completely ignoring the changes in the laws and regulation between the two events. :roll: :doh

Hahahahahahahahahahaha. Like what?

Hahahahahahahahahahaha. Like what?

Oh for Christ's sake. These differences have been listed multiple times in threads that you've participated in.

You memory really that bad? Or is it that things you don't like, don't agree with you chose to ignore?

I misrepresent the situation. Comely left an impression that more was coming out on Hillary when that really wasn't the case. It kept that nonsense in the news.

We know and have come to expect it.

Oh for Christ's sake. These differences have been listed multiple times in threads that you've participated in.

You memory really that bad? Or is it that things you don't like, don't agree with you chose to ignore?

So basically you have nothing. Yup, just like I figured.

So basically you have nothing. Yup, just like I figured.

<*sigh*>
Far from nothing, not that reality would ever make it's way into your partisan consciousness.

Inspector General Finds Hillary Clinton Violated Federal Records Act By Deleting Emails
The Federal Records Act of 1950 is a United States federal law enacted in 1950. It provides the legal framework for federal records management, including record creation, maintenance, and disposition.[1]
Federal Records Act
BTW, this covers any records, regardless of format or storage.
3 Federal Laws Hillary May Have Violated By Using Personal Email Accounts for State Business

But I know. It's not the leftist ideological line, so it's not part of your reality.

<*sigh*>
Far from nothing, not that reality would ever make it's way into your partisan consciousness.

Inspector General Finds Hillary Clinton Violated Federal Records Act By Deleting Emails

BTW, this covers any records, regardless of format or storage.
3 Federal Laws Hillary May Have Violated By Using Personal Email Accounts for State Business

But I know. It's not the leftist ideological line, so it's not part of your reality.

So how was the Bush Administration immune to this?

So how was the Bush Administration immune to this?

Never said it was. Never said that it wasn't.

That doesn't mitigate Hillary's violation of law and regulation in the least.

Never said it was. Never said that it wasn't.

That doesn't mitigate Hillary's violation of law and regulation in the least.

But what she did bother you so much more? Can you image if she lost 22 million emails while using a Dem owner server? C'mon, stop with the hypocracy.

But what she did bother you so much more? Can you image if she lost 22 million emails while using a Dem owner server? C'mon, stop with the hypocracy.

She planned the entire thing, to conduct 100% her official government email outside of the approved and authorized government email system from the word go. The intent was clear, why else did she setup her insecure basement email server?

Everyone else that claimed they didn't know aren't being truthful. It's obvious to even a passing glance her emails came from and were going to her insecure basement email server.

But this is all a re-litigation of previous email threads. I'd direct your attention to those if you can't manage to recall any of it.

She planned the entire thing, to conduct 100% her official government email outside of the approved and authorized government email system from the word go. The intent was clear, why else did she setup her insecure basement email server?

What she did was incredibly stupid, but it was not done to be deceitful our hide anything from the American people. She actually consulted a lot of people before doing so, as it has been done before. She is not as evil as you think. And you're a complete and utter hypocrite for giving the Bush Administration a pass on this.

What she did was incredibly stupid, but it was not done to be deceitful our hide anything from the American people. She actually consulted a lot of people before doing so, as it has been done before. She is not as evil as you think. And you're a complete and utter hypocrite for giving the Bush Administration a pass on this.

Mrs. Clinton's intent is irrelevant to her violation of section 793(f) of the Espionage Act. As Mr. Comey detailed in his comments in July, she did everything required for a violation of that statute, which is a major federal felony. Your attempt to cover her backside is not well informed.

"it was not done to be deceitful our hide anything from the American people"

It boggles belief and credibility that you believe this.

Hillary set up her private email server and used it 100% for all her official emails for the specific reason to avoid FOIA and congressional oversight. Her consulting many people is yet another proof that she did this with intent.

None of the previous instances showed that level of intent, nor used a non-government system for 100% of their official emails. These are the differences that you gloss over, essentially giving Hillary a pass.

What she did was incredibly stupid, but it was not done to be deceitful our hide anything from the American people.

Sure it was....Clinton Fondation money flowing into favors at SoS.....Don't be that naive....

Yeah. I saw that earlier. That piece also noted that the Bill Clinton / Loretta Lynch meeting certainly screwed the pooch too ... but the Party faithful don't seem enthusiastic about mentioning sweet Lor-retta in their list of targets.
Membership in that target group appears to be restricted.

I definitely agree. Let's go with the hypothetical. Let's say I was in James Coney shoes. And I testified in front of Congress. Getting drilled by both sides. And one Congress member ask me if I'm willing to reopen the case if I find more crucial evidence. And I said yes. I have to stand by my response to the committee otherwise I'll be charged with federal crime for lying under oath. It's true that the emails found on Anthony Weiner's laptop did not implicate any wrongdoing on Hillary Clintont but no matter what party I'm representing I am not going to go to prison over politics. I've connected the dots and I believe I would do the same thing as he did. It just happens that Anthony Weiner was being investigated for having sexual contact with a 15 year old. I believe it wasn't done intentional to sabotage Hillary Clinton's opportunity to be elected to president. That's the way the cookie crumbles.

I definitely agree. Let's go with the hypothetical. Let's say I was in James Coney shoes. And I testified in front of Congress. Getting drilled by both sides. And one Congress member ask me if I'm willing to reopen the case if I find more crucial evidence. And I said yes. I have to stand by my response to the committee otherwise I'll be charged with federal crime for lying under oath. It's true that the emails found on Anthony Weiner's laptop did not implicate any wrongdoing on Hillary Clintont but no matter what party I'm representing I am not going to go to prison over politics. I've connected the dots and I believe I would do the same thing as he did. It just happens that Anthony Weiner was being investigated for having sexual contact with a 15 year old. I believe it wasn't done intentional to sabotage Hillary Clinton's opportunity to be elected to president. That's the way the cookie crumbles.

I don't expect Comey would be charged with anything by NOT reopening the case but he'd certainly be open to a damaged reputation in some circles.
It was already suspect after his announcement that, sure, Hillary was extremely careless with National security but not reasonably prosecutable.
It took an awful lot of contortion to come up with that.

I don't expect Comey would be charged with anything by NOT reopening the case but he'd certainly be open to a damaged reputation in some circles.
It was already suspect after his announcement that, sure, Hillary was extremely careless with National security but not reasonably prosecutable.
It took an awful lot of contortion to come up with that.

I believe James Comey reputation should be fine. From my understanding he worked for the justice department under the Bush Administration. Donald Trump was saying that the system is rigged until James Comey publicly sent that letter to Congress that he's going to reopen the case.

I believe that's why he sent that letter to Congress because he did testify during a congressional oversight committee. To backtrack to the time when James Comey publicly announced that he was not recommending any charges against Hillary Clinton immediately the Republicans held a hearing to grill James Comey. This was a political game with the Republicans arguing that the system is rigged because of the conversation with Bill Clinton and Loretta Lynch at the tarmac.

I'm pretty sure the media would discover that during the investigation on Anthony Weiner laptop that the FBI found emails that "could" implicate Hillary Clinton.

Like I said I don't blame James Comey for taking action. "Trust" is not a word used in Washington for example there have been several presidents that have bugged the Oval Office to protect themselves. I think Lyndon Johnson was one of them.

Last edited:

I believe James Comey reputation should be fine. From my understanding he worked for the justice department under the Bush Administration. Donald Trump was saying that the system is rigged until James Comey publicly sent that letter to Congress that he's going to reopen the case.

I believe that's why he sent that letter to Congress because he did testify during a congressional oversight committee. To backtrack to the time when James Comey publicly announced that he was not recommending any charges against Hillary Clinton immediately the Republicans held a hearing to grill James Comey. This was a political game with the Republicans arguing that the system is rigged because of the conversation with Bill Clinton and Loretta Lynch at the tarmac.

I'm pretty sure the media would discover that during the investigation on Anthony Weiner laptop that the FBI found emails that "could" implicate Hillary Clinton.

Like I said I don't blame James Comey for taking action. "Trust" is not a word used in Washington for example there have been several presidents that have bugged the Oval Office to protect themselves. I think Lyndon Johnson was one of them.

Oh sure, that's likely why he sent the letter.
And all things considered I don't blame him either.
But I still doubt the Republicans would have tried to charge him with anything if they later discovered he didn't reopen the case despite the discovery of Weiner's computer.
Then again, they may have been more inclined to do so if Hillary had won.
One never knows, do one.

Oh sure, that's likely why he sent the letter.
And all things considered I don't blame him either.
But I still doubt the Republicans would have tried to charge him with anything if they later discovered he didn't reopen the case despite the discovery of Weiner's computer.
Then again, they may have been more inclined to do so if Hillary had won.
One never knows, do one.

I think this subject is being discussed because of the Hillary's campaign blamed James Comey for her loss. I'm not a sore loser. If I'm competing and I lose I try to learn from my mistakes to compete better next time.

Now let's say hypothetically that James Comey decided not to send that letter to Congress would that help Hillary Clinton win the election? I hear this argument all the time she won the popular vote. I'm not sure additional votes would help her win the election. When I look at the political map there's more red States than blue States so to argue this James Comey lost Hillary Clinton the election in my opinion is silly.

I think this subject is being discussed because of the Hillary's campaign blamed James Comey for her loss. I'm not a sore loser. If I'm competing and I lose I try to learn from my mistakes to compete better next time.

Now let's say hypothetically that James Comey decided not to send that letter to Congress would that help Hillary Clinton win the election? I hear this argument all the time she won the popular vote. I'm not sure additional votes would help her win the election. When I look at the political map there's more red States than blue States so to argue this James Comey lost Hillary Clinton the election in my opinion is silly.

It never occurred to me you were either sore or a loser about the election. It just looked like you were doing some analysis of circumstances.

I agree.
I suppose there may have been some people who still hadn't formed an opinion about the 2 candidates and who might have been persuaded one way or another by any of the factors being tossed around selectively as excuses. We don't know and at this point I wouldn't trust any polls that claim to show it.
At the risk of opening up the thread beyond what was intended, let me mention something related to those excuses.
It pays to note that whatever influence any of the Hillary excuses might have had on her results, they were likely more than offset by the influence of the major media's confrontational coverage of Trump.

You have a good point. I think it's illogical of trying to right your wrongs. For example a lot of Americans did not accept the outcome of the elections. I believe these Americans are in denial and repressing the facts of reality. Now there's a lot of ways to spin this story but when it comes down to it it's pretty simple either you win or you lose. Providing excuses why you lost is irrelevant. I know this might sound rigid but as adults I believe we should take responsibility for our actions. That being said Hillary Clinton ran a campaign using her strategy which she thought she would win the election. Of course there is going to be unexpected issues that arise bu it's how you handle those issues. Now not to be biased the speech that she Hillary Clinton gave after she lost the election in New York was remarkable. I really connected with her. It shows a sense of vulnerability that all Americans have. That she's not Invincible just because she's a politician. And I believe if she took that strategy throughout her campaign I believe she would have won. I think one is better off being who they are instead of something they're not because most people can tell when someone is authentic or Genuine. That's my opinion I know where off topic but it kind of brings it around to the main point that she lost the election.

Last edited:

It never occurred to me you were either sore or a loser about the election. It just looked like you were doing some analysis of circumstances.

I agree.
I suppose there may have been some people who still hadn't formed an opinion about the 2 candidates and who might have been persuaded one way or another by any of the factors being tossed around selectively as excuses. We don't know and at this point I wouldn't trust any polls that claim to show it.
At the risk of opening up the thread beyond what was intended, let me mention something related to those excuses.
It pays to note that whatever influence any of the Hillary excuses might have had on her results, they were likely more than offset by the influence of the major media's confrontational coverage of Trump.

I did respond to your last point but I jacked it up. Something that just occurred to me that Hillary did publicly say that she lost the race because of the investigation before the election. So I really don't think it's analyzing the circumstances when she provides a reason why she lost. I think one will never know truly why she lost but we all know for a fact that she lost.

Mrs. Clinton's intent is irrelevant to her violation of section 793(f) of the Espionage Act. As Mr. Comey detailed in his comments in July, she did everything required for a violation of that statute, which is a major federal felony. Your attempt to cover her backside is not well informed.

"it was not done to be deceitful our hide anything from the American people"

It boggles belief and credibility that you believe this.

Hillary set up her private email server and used it 100% for all her official emails for the specific reason to avoid FOIA and congressional oversight. Her consulting many people is yet another proof that she did this with intent.

None of the previous instances showed that level of intent, nor used a non-government system for 100% of their official emails. These are the differences that you gloss over, essentially giving Hillary a pass.

From the mouth of Comey:

Although there is evidence of potential violations of the statutes regarding the handling of classified information, our judgment is that no reasonable prosecutor would bring such a case. Prosecutors necessarily weigh a number of factors before bringing charges. There are obvious considerations, like the strength of the evidence, especially regarding intent. Responsible decisions also consider the context of a person’s actions, and how similar situations have been handled in the past.

In looking back at our investigations into mishandling or removal of classified information, we cannot find a case that would support bringing criminal charges on these facts. All the cases prosecuted involved some combination of: clearly intentional and willful mishandling of classified information; or vast quantities of materials exposed in such a way as to support an inference of intentional misconduct; or indications of disloyalty to the United States; or efforts to obstruct justice. We do not see those things here.

Now if what Hillary did required handcuffs, then you must be appalled that the Bush Administration lost 22 million emails, used a GOP server, and Fox News hero Karl Rove refused to testify, completely ignoring a subpoena. Imagine if Hillary did that!

Sure it was....Clinton Fondation money flowing into favors at SoS.....Don't be that naive....

If true, is that worst that Trump using money from his charity to buy paintings of himself, buy political influence and pay of his personal legal debt???

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom