• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Favorite Three Beatles Songs?

Never mind the fact that I was an elementary-schooler; I remain bitter, bitter, bitter that my folks wouldn't let me attend the Beatles concert in our hometown. This was because they'd taken my cousins to the concert in Candlestick Park and had literally had to climb a cyclone fence to keep from being crushed to death.

But still....

While My Guitar Gently weeps.

Across the Universe

Eleanor Rigby

This is tough, many favorites but three great ones off the top of my head.

And one of my favorite hard rock songs.....

I've always thought that on several tracks, they had the tightest vocal harmonies in the business and got little credit for it. So my picks are:

Because (Abbey Road)
If I Fell (Hard Day's Night)
Nowhere Man (Rubber Soul)

My Fab Four Favs. This was very difficult and took me some time. ~ SgtRock

genius

because the harmonizing is incredible. Sends chills down my spine everytime I hear it. I wanted to pick the entire Abby Road album but I picked this one could have been any track.

This by far is the best song the Beatles ever put to vinyl.

Last edited:
I was a little girl when I watched the Beatles' first appearance on "Ed Sullivan," and watching that clip brought a lot back, including my musician father walking past the TV and snorting derisively, "Ha, they won't be around in another year.'' Ya, we gave him the business forever over that.

I was also a child watching that very appearance on the Ed Sullivan show. My mother was a fan and called me and my siblings into the living room to watch. My father couldn't stand them. I'm not very emotional but I cried when they broke up and when John was killed. btw, the Beatles made at least 3 more appearances on Ed Sullivan. I believe the last was in 1966 after they grew there hair long. I showed up to school with long hair that year. In fact I was the first kid in my elementary school to have long hair. The principle sent me home. My mom took me back and gave him a piece of her mind. They changed the dress code to allow long hair on boys that year. Cool huh?

Last edited:
In no particular order...

- A Day In The Life
- Help!
- Revolution 1

I could list a dozen Honorable Mention candidates.

Sgt. Pepper
A Day in the Life
Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds
oh, and also While My Guitar Gently Weeps, Norwegian Wood and Hey Jude. And also...

Sgt. Pepper
A Day in the Life
Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds
oh, and also While My Guitar Gently Weeps, Norwegian Wood and Hey Jude. And also...

LOL No willpower eh? Couldn't just settle on three?? :think:

That will be 25 lashes with a wet noodle :spank:

;)

1) Lucy in the Sky

2) You've got to Hide Your Love Away

and

Eleanor Rigby, In My Life, and Norwegian Wood. Three songs make up half of the only six of their songs I like.

My Fab Four Favs. This was very difficult and took me some time. ~ SgtRock

genius

because the harmonizing is incredible. Sends chills down my spine everytime I hear it. I wanted to pick the entire Abby Road album but I picked this one could have been any track.

This by far is the best song the Beatles ever put to vinyl.

Dear Prudence was one of my three too. Great pick!

In no particular order...

- A Day In The Life
- Help!
- Revolution 1

I could list a dozen Honorable Mention candidates.

:doh Revolution is another one I love that I could have chosen. Only three choices makes it so difficult!

I like Revolution 1 better than Revolution. "1" has a really cool vibe that I like.

This must be what you are talking about? Interesting! I've never heard it before.

This must be what you are talking about? Interesting! I've never heard it before.

Revolution was released as a single and has a faster tempo... and is the more famous and well-known of the two.

Revolution 1 was on The White Album and has a slower almost bluesy tempo.

Otherwise the songs are almost identical.

Revolution was released as a single and has a faster tempo... and is the more famous and well-known of the two.

Revolution 1 was on The White Album and has a slower almost bluesy tempo.

Otherwise the songs are almost identical.

It's good and different, but after listening to it I'd have to say I prefer the regular version. Maybe that's just because it's the only version I've heard before tonight though. :)

* In my life. Probably one of my all time favorite songs around.

* If I fell

* Penny lane

Those are just the ones at the top of the list, I love all their songs.

Back
Top Bottom