• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Favorite 22 rimfire rifle you own or have owned.

Plinkers delight. Which one is your favorite?

I have an old remington pump gun which will feed 22 shorts, 22 Longs and Long rifles. It sits next to my barn door for shooting woodchucks or coyotes. I also have a pair of 10-22s for the old Chevy Team Challenge event. Heavy stocks, heavy bull barrels-designed for shooting a bunch of targets-out to 100 yards quickly. One was built by the legendary Jim Clark in Louisiana and the other by a guy who went by "Chief AJ" and "his tribal work shop" (he was a trick shooter who had shot for the US Army team). They are both equally good.

Well, we have something in common. That was my first gun, too. The first gun I actually bought and paid for, that is. I bought mine at the Western Auto store back in the late 50's. I think I gave $10 or $15 for it. I was also about 15 or 16 years old at the time. The clerk rang it right up. No ID, no nothing. Your post really brought back some memories.

Got rid of mine. Only to inherit one in far worse condition.

Back
Top Bottom